Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

This whole thing is just fucked up...They do not seem to realize how much damage it does to leave it open like this....It should not be too hard to fix this unless they can`t reach Axl to know what it is all about! As far as everyone says: "It is all good, Reading were contacted by GnR Management so the Tour is still on....." First of all I am not going there so I don`t care about Reading, second of all the whole way it has been handled so far it tells me only that (most likely) Del was contacted who had (apparently) no idea what anyone was talking about so he said: "yeah, as far as I know the tour is still on...:" and after that he tries (obviously without sucess) to call Axl to know what it is all about....

I am a huge Gunners fan and I know that we can`t expect too much information and I am very happy how much more info we get now than before. But anyone who agrees with the way this incident is handled must be a very optimistic person. I bought tickets and arranged travels for 3 different shows, planned a vacation and all I get to know is "hang in there for an indefinite period of time we will propably tell you". I reckon like most fans I am not 19 anymore, I have a serious job without money and time to waste; all I want is to see the band I love and care about. And from my point of view, it is really no work at all to keep your fans in the loop!!

It's a fucking disgrace, is what it is.

Stop crying you crybabies, it's AXL, this is GUNS N ROSES, the MOST DANGEROUS BAND in the world, deal with it or fuck off! That's how Axl rolls! He's always been late, deal with it, he owes you nothing, yadda yadda yadda...

/sarcasm

Yep, the way this embarassing situation is handled is a fucking disgrace.

Edited by Spoon87

Nothing new really, but the fact that BBF still lists the dates as his next appearance on his personal website should count for something.

This is a guy who recently got 'pissed the fuck off' at the fans having to wait a couple hours.

Would Twitter themselves ever comment on such a thing?

It's definitely strange but I'm more concerned about my Reading ticket arriving at the moment. GNR world is mental as usual. We'll be in the crowd at Reading waiting and still not know whether he'll show up and when he does it will be insane :-P

Don't think Twitter would comment, no.

Where'd you get your ticket from?

Hopefully we should know by the middle of next week at the latest, as they'll have to be travelling by then.

Ordered through the main site as far as I remember. Think the email confirmations were from Seeticket or something like that. I sent them an enquiry earlier with the reference number I was sent at time of booking. Hopefully it'll just arrive this week.

It’s so weird why they would continue to allow the so called hack Facebook account to continue to display the message.

There’s 2 ways of viewing the message:

1. The Facebook page has been hacked.

2. Axl posted the message.

1. If the Facebook page was hacked, and receiving the publicity its currently gained, why is it so difficult to take the message down?

Does Axl know the message is there?

If so, does he give a shit?

2. Axl posted the message. Then why?

Some say it has something to do with something called publicity.

Maybe it as simple as, Axl has no intentions of showing up, and has failed to tell anyone.

Maybe there’s a lack of ticket sales, and this will be used as an excuse. It may also pave the way for more legal action, either against Facebook, or the (so called) hacker.

Edited by star

It’s so weird why they would continue to allow the so called hack Facebook account to continue to display the message.

There’s 2 ways of viewing the message:

1. The Facebook page has been hacked.

2. Axl posted the message.

1. If the Facebook page was hacked, and receiving the publicity its currently gained, why is it so difficult to take the message down?

Does Axl know the message is there?

If so, does he give a shit?

2. Axl posted the message. Then why?

Some say it has something to do with something called publicity.

Maybe it as simple as, Axl has no intentions of showing up, and has failed to tell anyone.

Maybe there’s a lack of ticket sales, and this will be used as an excuse. It may also pave the way for more legal action, either against Facebook, or the (so called) hacker.

Or maybe Axl wrote that message when he was drunk, and now he doesn't know what to do .... :o

It could be Axl felt shitty after the last show, drank too much and decided "fuck this shit" and quit the tour... then shut off his phone and no one can get a hold of him. Wouldn't surprise me.... otherwise why wouldn't he issue a statement?? all it would take is 3 minutes to log in here and say "yep account got hacked... looking forward to seeing all your fuckers!"

The Sun news paper wrote:

Tuesdays, August 17, 2010

facebookaxlpage1.gif

facebookaxlpage2.gif

Credit where credit is due. They used a current photograph :thumbsup:

The sun is the most unreliable, ill-informed piece of shitty journalism the UK has ever produced (well, that and the daily mirror..), this i hardly a suprise.

The bad thing is it's the most bought paper in England.........

As for all these conspracy theories, it's amazing to see how many sharks jump in the water at the hint of trouble. I admit i thought it was true initially, and thought the bumble rumours had something to do with it, but i think it's pretty clear there has NOT been any cancellations. As for people who believe axl had a 'hissy fit' and wrote this message, you seem to be forgeting that DJ posted a tweet not long after the message came out, that he and Axl were out and about, therego Axl couldn't have done it. (Though most the people here it seems either forget that fact or call Bullshit, but whatever).

If they wanted to cancel the tour, they'd have done it. It didn't stop them in 2002 where they canclled mid-tour, and considering that was the new bands first American threk, they had a lot more riding on it really. If that didn't stop them, i dont see why they would be stopped now. Let us not forget the postponed-then-cancelled 2001 European tour.

The reading/leeds organisers were doubtful at first it seems, there was an article i posted a link for a while ago where they said they were "looking into the situation", and then a while AFTER that, they then confirmed the shows were still on. Being this close to the festivals, and given the unpredictibility of GN'R, i doubt they'd have said that unless they were certain. i.e., GN'R confirmed it to them. I know GN'R havent helped themselves as such by saying themselves the shows are still on through twitter/facebook/myspace, and obviously the tweet for whatever reason is still up on Axl's twitter, but ultimately, they've messaged Eric, they never said the shows were off on any official GN'R page other than Axl's own twitter, Bubmlefoot himself confirmed everything is OK, reading/leeds organisers have confirmed they're still on. All the major news sites have made retractions and said the tour is on. Is that not enough?

As for people who question the claim it's a hacker since there are no messages to slash, more tweets .t.c., think about it: if you were a hacker, hacking into Axl's twiter, logic suggests you would only post one or two things, because the point is you WANT people to BELIeVE what you are typing, that's more or less the point. Regular tweets, obscure tweets e.t.c. would make it clear that the job is a hack, thereby destroying the whole point in the first place.

It seems unless Axl/Dexter personally messages every single member here, no one wants to see sense. Even then, theyd be doubtful. Frankly, the message Eric got should have been enough. We were all keen to believe him when he said GN'R had confirmed to him that the member 'Dexter' was indeed Axl, so what's different here?

Still, haters gonna hate, i guess.

I for one, shall be at both Reading and Leeds fests next week, enjoying all the excitment of GN'R live in 2010 :thumbsup:

Edited by seely

has it occurred to anyone that maybe they cant access the twitter? a change of password by the hacker perhaps?

And you don't think the people from Twitter could access the account THEMSELVES for AXL ROSE? C'mon. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they could but my guess is that Axl's not bothering with Twitter anymore at this point. Would YOU keep posting after your account had been hacked?

has it occurred to anyone that maybe they cant access the twitter? a change of password by the hacker perhaps?

And you don't think the people from Twitter could access the account THEMSELVES for AXL ROSE? C'mon. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they could but my guess is that Axl's not bothering with Twitter anymore at this point. Would YOU keep posting after your account had been hacked?

I would make sure fans would know for 100% certainty it was BS, maybe using some other channel, like my bandmates and their twitter, my official web page etc, or even come here as dexter and explain what has happened, would take like 2 minutes. but why that has not happened? because it was axl all along, there`s nothing to explain.....tour is over. period.

Even if that was the case, they should still make sure to get the account either terminated or delete the "Cancellation" statement.

I would make sure fans would know for 100% certainty it was BS, maybe using some other channel, like my bandmates and their twitter, my official web page etc, or even come here as dexter and explain what has happened, would take like 2 minutes. but why that has not happened? because it was axl all along, there`s nothing to explain.....tour is over. period.

Management has spoken with promoters, Bumble has assured fans everything's ok, Eric was contacted by the GN'R camp... but still, some ppl are intent on thinking the worst. I just don't get it.

Guest gunns5

Do you think his password was hacked or someone guessed it, didn't axl mention he's dog passed away last year, maybe the password was his dog

Management has spoken with promoters, Bumble has assured fans everything's ok, Eric was contacted by the GN'R camp... but still, some ppl are intent on thinking the worst. I just don't get it.

Not everyone going to a Guns show is a member of a Guns forum. Not everyone going to a Guns show knows who Bumble is. Most Guns fans would know about Twitter, as most people do. Seriously is it that hard to go in and delete the tweet? Your clutching at straws just to defend Axl and its quite funny. Why would you keep posting after your account had been hacked?? How about to let fans know the shows are still on, that sounds like a good enough reason i think.

Not everyone going to a Guns show is a member of a Guns forum. Not everyone going to a Guns show knows who Bumble is. Most Guns fans would know about Twitter, as most people do. Seriously is it that hard to go in and delete the tweet? Your clutching at straws just to defend Axl and its quite funny. Why would you keep posting after your account had been hacked?? How about to let fans know the shows are still on, that sounds like a good enough reason i think.

It's dumb what Axl and the management did. The tweet is still up there, and people who might have not caught up on the news are returning the tickets.