Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Brazils football coach and some nobody actor are hardly in the same league as Axl Rose. There are tons of actual worldwide celebrities on Twitter and the two you mentioned don't fall into that category.

Doesn't change the fact that Twitter is hackable and more than just Axl got hacked in a short period of time.

I hate all this "sit tight" bs.

This isn't some crazy rumour invented on a message board. This came direct from Axl's Twitter. It's not that fucking hard to release an official press statement either confirming or denying it. Some message denying it to a fansite is not going to cut it this time.

I wish they'd get their fucking act together. GNR couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery these days.

Edited by Towelie

Brazils football coach and some nobody actor are hardly in the same league as Axl Rose. There are tons of actual worldwide celebrities on Twitter and the two you mentioned don't fall into that category.

What do you mean? Brazils football coach has 1,558,510 followers. Axl has 67,588.

I hate all this "sit tight" bs.

This isn't some crazy rumour invented on a message board. This came direct from Axl's Twitter. It's not that fucking hard to release an official press statement either confirming or denying it. Some message denying it to a fansite is not going to cut it this time.

I wish they'd get their fucking act together. GNR couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery these days.

These days?, fuck they have never understood public relations, everybody is pulling in a different direction trying to fix the problem and they are all making it not only worse but even more embarrassing.

I like Ron and the guy has a lot of heart, possibly far too much some times, he feels compelled to set things straight which would be fine if the left hand knew what the right was doing but they simply don't.The secret to good PR is having one person speak clearly and definitively on subjects not everybody giving bits and pieces at random intervals.Im not a hater, far from it but when it concerns interaction of any kind GnR are a complete fucking mess.

Many fans have no idea what the fuck is going on right now which only serves to alienate what fans have stuck around and make the whole thing more pointless by the day.This is Guns N Roses but it feels nothing like it any more.Yes many people will say if you don't like then fuck off but they are missing the point.I like the music and i like the members but im bored of waiting for updates that never come, maybe if Axl or people associated with the band wanted to insult fans then contact would have been made far sooner :rolleyes: .......... People speak way to soon in GnR land or maybe the ego changes the plans way to often?

Sorry if that bores people or seems unproductive but it is how i feel now, sadly im not alone.

Time for a few beers, maybe shit will seem different with 24 hours but i think we will just be another day waiting for the virgin that never puts out :xmasssanta:

What do you mean? Brazils football coach has 1,558,510 followers. Axl has 67,588.

I have 1,558,511 followers so I guess I m more famous than ur brazil coach :thumbsup:

Still don't buy this hacked twitter account excuse... If it was Bumblefoot doesn't act like he knows:

Give it 24 hours, hopefully whatever it is will get resolved.

(No one quit the band or anything like that...)

... Gotta get back to copy/pasting resonses to 500 emails about Axl's fucking tweet.....

Still don't buy this hacked twitter account excuse... If it was Bumblefoot doesn't act like he knows:

... Gotta get back to copy/pasting resonses to 500 emails about Axl's fucking tweet.....

Ron's reaction does not seem indicative of a person that see's this as a hacking thing, he seems to be taking this more personally than i would expect.I have to agree i don't think anything was hacked but that stuff was typed instead of thought then people tried back peddling

Ron's reaction does not seem indicative of a person that see's this as a hacking thing, he seems to be taking this more personally than i would expect.I have to agree i don't think anything was hacked but that stuff was typed instead of thought then people tried back peddling

I think that you are overthinking this whole thingy a bit. I could make up a million reasons why the recent events happened: twitter got hacked, anybody wanting to quit the band, promotion for the EU tour, ex employee trying to screw GNR....whatever. Fact is I will probably never know the real reason for sure. As long as the shows are on, I do not care. Rocking Antwerp on 30Sep2010....that's the important part.

I think that you are overthinking this whole thingy a bit. I could make up a million reasons why the recent events happened: twitter got hacked, anybody wanting to quit the band, promotion for the EU tour, ex employee trying to screw GNR....whatever. Fact is I will probably never know the real reason for sure. As long as the shows are on, I do not care. Rocking Antwerp on 30Sep2010....that's the important part.

Notice you mentioned everything except the slight possibility of the all powerful one having a hissy fit!

You may be right but from everything im reading i have formed an opinion, better PR and it would be hard to form that opinion would it not?, you supplied a lot of possible answers yet the most important answer, why the fuck is everybody in GnR singing from a different song sheet or at the very least making it seem so?

Or, he could just be annoyed at having to deal with the fallout from Axl's Tweet.

Ali

Or, he could just be annoyed at having to deal with the fallout from Axl's Tweet.

Ali

Possibly Ali, simple solution is don't deal with the fall out then, let PR deal with it......................... oops my mistake, you see what i did there?! :rofl-lol:

Ali

Possibly Ali, simple solution is don't deal with the fall out then, let PR deal with it......................... oops my mistake, you see what i did there?! :rofl-lol:

I agree. It's obvious there is no real, consistent PR management from the band. That would alleviate this issue, obviously. But, be that as it may, GN'R does not have good PR, so unfortunately a guy like Ron has to deal with the bullshit fallout. I don't blame him for getting annoyed at being inundated with tons of e-mails.

Ali

Come on guys, it could be down to a million different things, what's the panic ? :rofl-lol:

Only in GnR

I've got more than £500 down on this tour, I (like many others) want to know what's happening- that's the panic. I don't give two shits about late starts, it's not important.

Ali

I agree. It's obvious there is no real, consistent PR management from the band. That would alleviate this issue, obviously. But, be that as it may, GN'R does not have good PR, so unfortunately a guy like Ron has to deal with the bullshit fallout. I don't blame him for getting annoyed at being inundated with tons of e-mails.

Ali

I completely agree Ali, im sure in his shoes i would get pissed but i bet he is nowhere near as fed up as fans with tickets and accommodation for shows they are not completely convinced will even go ahead now

axl8302 it was sarcasm

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

I want to know one thing, one thing only, from the horses mouth - are these fucking shows happening or not? Why can't someone come out and say, the tweet is bullshit, it's not true - shows are happening!?

Did you not see Eric Romano's post on the subject? He said he heard directly from the GN'R camp. I agree that it would be best for GN'R to say it themselves, but I don't think Eric has any reason to lie.

Ali

Ali

Ali

I completely agree Ali, im sure in his shoes i would get pissed but i bet he is nowhere near as fed up as fans with tickets and accommodation for shows they are not completely convinced will even go ahead now

axl8302 it was sarcasm

cool, cool!

Notice you mentioned everything except the slight possibility of the all powerful one having a hissy fit!

You may be right but from everything im reading i have formed an opinion, better PR and it would be hard to form that opinion would it not?, you supplied a lot of possible answers yet the most important answer, why the fuck is everybody in GnR singing from a different song sheet or at the very least making it seem so?

I didn't forget the hissy fit. What do you think would piss off Axl Rose the most? Somebody wanting to quit the band for whatever reason: non-recording new material, showing up late, not being allowed to smoke on stage, not being allowed to use pron as inspiration, not being allowed to roast lambs with Formula1 drivers, Buckethead and Axl visiting Disneyland together while getting high on Pepsi Colawithout inviting the current band. I could go on for hours making up stupid shit like this, but what does it add to the discussion? Nothing. Even IF there was some internal tention (worst case scenario), so what? Bands, brothers, sisters, family, colleagues, animals, hell, even super happy gay people (Oh no, he didn't!!!), fight all the time. It's natural, and it makes the making up that much better.