Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I agree, but then why didn't he get his ass up there and do just that?

im guessing he didnt know what was goin on with axl either , point 1 .. if it was a tech issue ron was obviously there b4 axl and would have known about a tech issure therefore would not have gestured to axl with his watch implying why were you so late ?

He didn't gesture Axl at all, certainly not in any of the clips I've seen. He does that gesture to the crowd.

Who gives shit if he gestured toward axl. this obviously something that is starting to piss him off - as his email to a fan suggests.

Hell, in the email he (which kinda shocked me) says he went up to management and told them what he thinks is "right or wrong" and what "he can't put with"; And we all know "management" means Axl or Beta.

100217_doc.jpg

:shrugs:

To be honest that whole Twitter situation is really confusing and the GnR reaction not understandable at all. As far as I understand it there has been no official reaction from the Guns Camp clearifiying that the shows are still on. The message they posted on FB is actually very strange "well well well you can never tell...please stay on FB on Twitter for official news".

If the shows are still on just fucking say it on FB if that is the official place or write a press release and also put it on FB if that is where we apparently get the official news from. I reckon that Guns camp is unable to contact Axl, so they don`t really know what is going on as well, so this is why they are this vague....

To be honest that whole Twitter situation is really confusing and the GnR reaction not understandable at all. As far as I understand it there has been no official reaction from the Guns Camp clearifiying that the shows are still on. The message they posted on FB is actually very strange "well well well you can never tell...please stay on FB on Twitter for official news".

If the shows are still on just fucking say it on FB if that is the official place or write a press release and also put it on FB if that is where we apparently get the official news from. I reckon that Guns camp is unable to contact Axl, so they don`t really know what is going on as well, so this is why they are this vague....

Didn't the Guns camp contact the Reading/Leeds organisers and say that GN'R are still playing the festival and the other UK dates? I take that as confirmation.

Didn't the Guns camp contact the Reading/Leeds organisers and say that GN'R are still playing the festival and the other UK dates? I take that as confirmation.

As far as I am concerned a Twitter message from Reading is 3rd hand information,....why is it so hard to clarify this thing once and for all in a way that cannot be misunderstood? I may overreact a little, but I have been f..... by Guns twice and I already spend a lot of money on planning trips for the Euro Tour and deadlines for hotel / plane changes run out....

A few things that still make me a bit iffy about the whole thing:

1. No twitter and fb updates though GnR camp told us to watch Twitter and fb for updates on the situation.

2. DJ tweeted about guns right about the time it happened, but nothing from him since

3. Did BBF actually say concerts are still on, or did he just say no one left the band?

1. No twitter and fb updates though GnR camp told us to watch Twitter and fb for updates on the situation.

2. DJ tweeted about guns right about the time it happened, but nothing from him since

3. Did BBF actually say concerts are still on, or did he just say no one left the band?

I agree its a bit odd although if the Reading/Leeds people say they're playing I take it that they are. Granted we don't know what's happened for all we know Axl could have just said 'sod it' and posted that although to cancel ALL the shows? The point is that if GN'R have contacted the festival and said they're still playing they can't really backtrack on that now and say 'no, the twitter message was real.'

It is frustrating that nobody in the band has said explicitly to the public that the shows are on but I think they will be. I think people are looking too far into this given Ron's annoyance at Sturgis but he was angry at the organisers, not Axl, as he was ready on time. And Axl and DJ out shopping together isn't really how a band in turmoil acts.

I took it as a way of saying that one should read the official news from Facebook or Guns' Twitter for now, not from Axl's Twitter.

Ooooh, that's interesting. Didn't read it that way. The other two points were minor but just added weight to the first one. So that's good - I think.

From what i have been reading it appears the closest person within the band to Axl has become DJ, they appear to have a very cool relationship and DJ is a regular updater of fans, now he is silent.Seems odd but he could just be relaxing with his family before UK tour.

I noticed he's been quiet too, but like you said he could just be relaxing or maybe he's out shooting his guns with Axl ;) Who knows.

Yeah, he went backstage, phoned Axl while he was on stage, and let him know whats up./

Uh, more likely he just spoke to him via earpiece if he needed to. And we don't really know what is the current "management". Maybe he meant the concert organisers.

Was joking. SunnyDRE said was a bit ridiculous.

Wow, who knew GNR were inept at updating their fans and keeping their web presence current and accurate?

There still isn't even an official Tweet denying the cancellation on the gunsnroses twitter page, despite a previous tweet saying 'stick here for the official info'. <_<

As far as I am concerned a Twitter message from Reading is 3rd hand information,....why is it so hard to clarify this thing once and for all in a way that cannot be misunderstood? I may overreact a little, but I have been f..... by Guns twice and I already spend a lot of money on planning trips for the Euro Tour and deadlines for hotel / plane changes run out....

Think about it... Reading/Leeds are the first concerts coming up, and they'll be the biggest of the Euro tour. Don't you think the organizers of the event trust that they've got good information from the right people? There's too much at stake for them to just give out "half-assed info".

Think about it... Reading/Leeds are the first concerts coming up, and they'll be the biggest of the Euro tour. Don't you think the organizers of the event trust that they've got good information from the right people? There's too much at stake for them to just give out "half-assed info".

So Del or Doc or whoever contacts them and says "Oh, yeah, we're def still coming, don't worry!" and then immediately gets off the phone and desparately tries to get ahold of Axl some more to try to talk some sense into him, which they've not been able to do yet.

Not saying this is for sure how it's going down, but I don't see how some people can look at the information that's come out so far and have any confidence at all.

I really hope you guys are right though, as I feel for the people that have spent money and time on this and have their plans in limbo!

I'm not buying into any of these crackpot conspiracy theories people are coming up with, but at the same time, I can fully understand why people find it difficult to trust the GN'R camp. Over a period of 8 years we were nothing but lied to, misled and disappointed, and most of all, VERY rarely communicated with in a clear fashion. It's clear to see that nothing has changed in regards to this last respect. Why couldn't the official website put up a message saying "Twitter was hacked, tour dates are still on - official", or the official GN'R Facebook put up a message that wasn't as cryptic as the fucking Da Vinci Code?

If nobody trusts GN'R, it's because they've done nothing to earn our trust.

I do still think the tour dates are on and that this was a simple hack - heck, I have to believe that, I'm due to see them in Belfast on 31st August - but as usual, GN'Rs complete lack of any comprehensible fan and media communication has embarassed the band and alienated the fans yet again.

Guest RonMexico82

The more I think about it the more I believe this hacked explanation is a load of bullshit. Hackers usually resort to insults or mockery when they hack something like this. Axl is a golden opportunity for any hacker, but to post a tour cancellation doesn't seem logical. As far as Axl goes however. it seems very logical.

To add insult to injury, the GNR camp post a cryptic response - issue no clear press release - and the band members simultaneously shut up all of a sudden, apart from a pissed off Ron.

They all have twitter or facebook accounts yet none of them seem to be making any effort to quell what has become a media frenzy.

Fernando, Beta and Axl all have accounts here yet none bother to try and communicate. A phone call to Eric doesn't cut it when it is clear that there is still massive uncertainty.

It all looks like damage control to me while they try and sort out whatever is really going on.

The stakes couldn't be higher - if this tour is cancelled, then say goodbye to this band.

I'm not buying the conspiracy theories either.

Ron getting mad at the Sturgis organisers and Axl's twitter getting hacked soon gets turned into Ron was mad at Axl for turning up late and quit the band resulting in the tour getting cancelled.

Also don't forget that Ron explained everything and said everything was fine and nobody left the band. Not to mention that the GN'R camp contacted Reading/Leeds saying they were still playing. And all the news networks are saying that the tour is still on.

If Axl wanted to pull the plug, sure he could but it wouldn't be met with denials and band members saying it was still on. If it really was cancelled I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have heard anything.

As for the tweet still being there maybe that now the tour cancellation has been denied they don't see the need to remove it; also it's not as if Axl's been on there in a while anyway.

Guest RonMexico82

The tour is still being reported in some media outlets as being cancelled. This wouldn't happen if the band issued a press release or even appeared bothered that the media was getting into a frenzy over this. Legit or not, their handling of this has been a complete clusterfuck,

Whether it was a hacked Twitter or not I don't know, it could be the kind of thing Axl decided to do on a whim but if he was serious about cancelling the tour venues would have been contacted already and a statement with some reason given as to why the cancellation was made. People wouldn't have said that it was on if it truly was off.

Who knows, I guess that we'll know in around two weeks when Reading happens.

As for the tweet still being there maybe that now the tour cancellation has been denied they don't see the need to remove it; also it's not as if Axl's been on there in a while anyway.

C'mon they wouldn't decide "meh.. Don't matter let's just leave it there!"

C'mon they wouldn't decide "meh.. Don't matter let's just leave it there!"

True, as I said we'll know what's happening when Guns do or don't show in Reading. If this tour is cancelled it won't bode well for the future of the band.

Whether it was a hacked Twitter or not I don't know, it could be the kind of thing Axl decided to do on a whim but if he was serious about cancelling the tour venues would have been contacted already and a statement with some reason given as to why the cancellation was made. People wouldn't have said that it was on if it truly was off.

Who knows, I guess that we'll know in around two weeks when Reading happens.

Yeah, that's the thing, the reason. He couldn't just, out of the blue, cancel the tour and just not say anything for the next few days about why it happened. It just seems weird that no one from the GNR camp has mentioned anything. For all we know, Ron might've quited the band.