Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Then why on earth they have an official FB page if Axl doesn´t give a flying fuck about it? I´m with WFA here. Shame on Axl not for that pic but because all we see in their FB is irrelevant and idiotic bullshit. Tha same can be said about Axl´s and GN´R twitter

Because it is run by TB and Del, so it's like Axl can't give them shit. I'm sure he trust them blindly and do not check what updates are coming out on the Internet.

Or maybe, he still thinks Internet is crap and really don't give a fuck about social media.

Back in 1999-2001, he did care about what was being published in his official web accounts and that's why they were closed.

Never really been a fan of awards chosen by idiots in suits with no regard to actual public opinion.

If it was left to public opinion then bands like Nickleback and New Direction and Justin Bieber would be in the hall of fame over most of the old time rock classics. Bon Jovi was the number one selling tour in 2013 - the people have spoken. They deserve the hall over GnR?

On a side note, people get too caught up in the "rock" part of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and think that it just means hard rock bands. That isn't their intent. That's why they put in pop bands, old RnB bands, rap bands, etc. Maybe it's time they changed the name to the Music Hall of Fame.

Also, there shouldn't be much anger directed towards these guys. They are just ONE group who raised enough money to start a Hall of Fame/awards show/place to go to look at memorabilia. They are different than sport's hall of fames.

It probably would have been a mess, but a hall of fame reunion jam would have been fun to watch. An organic meeting of all the guys. That's sort of what rock music is all about. It's not supposed to be Dream Theatre where every note and movement is "perfection." Rock n Roll is about attitude, a party - not every note or vocal word is supposed to be perfect.

Axl and his hypocrisy make me sick. One of the biggest cowards on the music business, no doubt.

The hypocrisy Axl shows towards the RNRHOF is disgusting. How is it that he understood it enough to induct Elton and go to U2's induction, but didn't understand it enough to get inducted alongside the band who helped write the songs he plays every night? And then 2 years later he accepts some magazine's award because they only allow Nu in :facepalm:

Clearly Axl's issue wasn't with the HoF as an organization, but with them not wanting to play his game with the old band / new band situation.

Of course his followers immediately started "hating" the HoF once Axl refused to play - so that's why that part of this has been over valued on the forum. Now they all have hated the HoF since it's birth.

• Like 1

Never really been a fan of awards chosen by idiots in suits with no regard to actual public opinion.

If it was left to public opinion then bands like Nickleback and New Direction and Justin Bieber would be in the hall of fame over most of the old time rock classics. Bon Jovi was the number one selling tour in 2013 - the people have spoken. They deserve the hall over GnR?

On a side note, people get too caught up in the "rock" part of the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and think that it just means hard rock bands. That isn't their intent. That's why they put in pop bands, old RnB bands, rap bands, etc. Maybe it's time they changed the name to the Music Hall of Fame.

Also, there shouldn't be much anger directed towards these guys. They are just ONE group who raised enough money to start a Hall of Fame/awards show/place to go to look at memorabilia. They are different than sport's hall of fames.

It probably would have been a mess, but a hall of fame reunion jam would have been fun to watch. An organic meeting of all the guys. That's sort of what rock music is all about. It's not supposed to be Dream Theatre where every note and movement is "perfection." Rock n Roll is about attitude, a party - not every note or vocal word is supposed to be perfect.

Yes. What a stupid fucking question. If the people believe they belong in the hall more than anybody else, they belong in the hall more than anybody else. Including GN'R.

Axl and his hypocrisy make me sick. One of the biggest cowards on the music business, no doubt.

The hypocrisy Axl shows towards the RNRHOF is disgusting. How is it that he understood it enough to induct Elton and go to U2's induction, but didn't understand it enough to get inducted alongside the band who helped write the songs he plays every night? And then 2 years later he accepts some magazine's award because they only allow Nu in :facepalm:

Clearly Axl's issue wasn't with the HoF as an organization, but with them not wanting to play his game with the old band / new band situation.

Of course his followers immediately started "hating" the HoF once Axl refused to play - so that's why that part of this has been over valued on the forum. Now they all have hated the HoF since it's birth.

Its nuts thinking people go through life basing their decisions on how a 52 year old rock star thinks
  • Like 1

But it was an issue with the organization in his two letters. He questioned 'who chooses the bands', etc. I cannot be bothered to quote them in full as they are full of Axl gibberish.

Yes. What a stupid fucking question. If the people believe they belong in the hall more than anybody else, they belong in the hall more than anybody else. Including GN'R.

So you think it should be an open vote every year? And which ever acts get the most votes should go in?

You'd respect the hall of fame more if Justin Beiber and Nikki Minaj went in over bands like GnR and U2?

Then why on earth they have an official FB page if Axl doesn´t give a flying fuck about it? I´m with WFA here. Shame on Axl not for that pic but because all we see in their FB is irrelevant and idiotic bullshit. Tha same can be said about Axl´s and GN´R twitter

Because it is run by TB and Del, so it's like Axl can't give them shit. I'm sure he trust them blindly and do not check what updates are coming out on the Internet.

Or maybe, he still thinks Internet is crap and really don't give a fuck about social media.

Back in 1999-2001, he did care about what was being published in his official web accounts and that's why they were closed.

That old Interscope was shut down because one day someone posted Beta´s phone number. And she got phone calls from some of the fans. But maybe Interscope was going shut it down regardless.

My point is if they have a FB to just post pics from 20 years or older and things that are not related to GN´R information about future plans. Then it doesn´t make any sense to have an official FB, twitter or Nightrain fan club. I couldn´t care less about their #TBT bullshit nor about some giraffe or Axl´s breakfast.

So you think it should be an open vote every year? And which ever acts get the most votes should go in?

You'd respect the hall of fame more if Justin Beiber and Nikki Minaj went in over bands like GnR and U2?

Yes. Beats having 5 losers in suits making decisions for you. I don't care who goes in as long as the people chose it. Unlike you though, I don't think the general population is stupid enough to see Beiber and Minaj as being rock acts, but whatever. Edited by Damn_Smooth

Yes. Beats having 5 losers in suits making decisions for you. I don't care who goes in as long as the people chose it. Unlike you though, I don't think the general population is stupid enough to see Beiber and Minaj as being rock acts, but whatever.

Sounds like you really dislike people who wear suits. Especially if there is five of them.

But I am happy to see you have such a positive outlook on the general population. You have more faith in them than I do.

I think people are missing the point here. We're not discussing why Axl didn't show up at the HOF. We're discussing the hypocrisy behind saying one thing and doing another.

I don't see it as hypocritical; I see it as Axl seeing the induction as a blatant attempt to, at best, force a reunion show, and at the very least generate some controversy/press/money. Which is fair enough in my view, if the HOF didn't want to help Axl promote his current efforts then I can see why he would say no. There's a lot of decisions that Axl has made in recent years that I don't agree with, and while I would have loved to have seen Axl and Slash play together one more time, I can respect his decision to not do so.

• Like 2

really don't give a fuck about social media.

he hates the facebook-users that use his name

what you mean?

Exactly what I wrote here, Axl hates that Facebook=users use his name, there are so many Axl Roses on FB

oh, did he explicitly say that? I don't remember him talking about social media. dunno. sorry.

That old Interscope was shut down because one day someone posted Beta´s phone number. And she got phone calls from some of the fans. But maybe Interscope was going shut it down regardless.

My point is if they have a FB to just post pics from 20 years or older and things that are not related to GN´R information about future plans. Then it doesn´t make any sense to have an official FB, twitter or Nightrain fan club. I couldn´t care less about their #TBT bullshit nor about some giraffe or Axl´s breakfast.

LOL... me neither!

I hate the way they handle that account and the things they post are horrible and yes, I wonder the same... why Axl allows them to post crap about the "old times" if he hates the old times?. So, the only reason I can think of is that those accounts are managed by TB and Del James, people he trust and is afraid of giving them shit. :shrugs:

If he had hired me to do Social Media and I would be posting that shit, for sure my ass would have been kicked a long time ago!

Elton John is one of Axl's biggest influences. There is no way he would have disrespected him by formally refusing to be part of his induction. It would have caused a media shitstorm and looked like Axl was trying to steal the spotlight. But when it was his turn to be "in the spotlight",he chose not to go, and use that time to make his statement. I don't see hypocrisy here.

• Like 1

Yes. Beats having 5 losers in suits making decisions for you. I don't care who goes in as long as the people chose it. Unlike you though, I don't think the general population is stupid enough to see Beiber and Minaj as being rock acts, but whatever.

Sounds like you really dislike people who wear suits. Especially if there is five of them.

But I am happy to see you have such a positive outlook on the general population. You have more faith in them than I do.

Any number of them trying to make decisions on anybody's part will do, actually.

Any number of them trying to make decisions on anybody's part will do, actually.

So you are opposed to a business using its own people to make decisions on actions the business takes.

Do you just feel this way concerning this business, or do you feel that way about all the businesses in the world?

I think people are missing the point here. We're not discussing why Axl didn't show up at the HOF. We're discussing the hypocrisy behind saying one thing and doing another.

I don't see it as hypocritical; I see it as Axl seeing the induction as a blatant attempt to, at best, force a reunion show, and at the very least generate some controversy/press/money. Which is fair enough in my view, if the HOF didn't want to help Axl promote his current efforts then I can see why he would say no. There's a lot of decisions that Axl has made in recent years that I don't agree with, and while I would have loved to have seen Axl and Slash play together one more time, I can respect his decision to not do so.

But by saying this you're exactly doing what we're not doing, which is debating whether his decision to not attend was right or wrong.

The reason why he declined induction was because the HOF refused to acknowledge the newer line-ups. Not because Axl saw it as another opportunity for others to make money at his expense!!1 Let's make it clear here, there's a difference between not attending and declining induction, and Axl did both and he also, questioned the actions of the organization behind the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. People are quick to forget about this.

So, we have discussed the "reasons" many many times and there's absolutely no point in doing it again but when he questions the same organization he seems to support now, well, yeah, that's hypocrisy.

And for the record, before the idiots rage, back in 2012, I fully supported Axl decision not to attend, but I have never supported and never will support his bitter, crybaby letter declining induction.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

But by saying this you're exactly doing what we're not doing, which is debating whether his decision to not attend was right or wrong.

The reason why he declined induction was because the HOF refused to acknowledge the newer line-ups. Not because Axl saw it as another opportunity for others to make money at his expense!!1 Let's make it clear here, there's a difference between not attending and declining induction, and Axl did both and he also, questioned the actions of the organization behind the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. People are quick to forget about this.

So, we have discussed the "reasons" many many times and there's absolutely no point in doing it again but when he questions the same organization he seems to support now, well, yeah, that's hypocrisy.

And for the record, before the idiots rage, back in 2012, I fully supported Axl decision not to attend, but I have never supported and never will support his bitter, crybaby letter declining induction.

I don't see him "supporting" the organisation now, though. It's a photo of Axl and Bono for a #TBT hashtag thing on their social media page. Bono's been in the news quite a bit recently, with his plane disaster, Band Aid 30, and the recent motorcycle accident. Del or Nik Souris or Fernando or whoever probably just Googled "axl bono" and shared that photo.

There's a #rocknroll hashtag, but not a #rrhof or #halloffame one. It's a photo of Axl and Bono, not Axl professing his love for the RRHOF.

• Like 3