Tokyo 19-12-2009 - PICS, AUDIO, VIDEO

ChristianGNR

The jammin at the end of the Blues is AMAZING, it's not Coma or Oh my God, this could be a new song, it's not something improvised, it's rehearsed amd sounds atmospheric and beautiful, can't wait for Chinese II, will it see the light of day? dont think so.

Patience sounds better than ever, Asha play the solo very good

Edited by cpaxlvacy

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He sounded great at Vegas New Years' 01, too bad all you suckers weren't there!

I think he sounds really good in TIL after about 2 minutes. The beginning was shaky.

I went to the first New Year's eve show (2000) in Vegas at the Hard Rock Hotel .(The first show ever by the new band.) He also played in Vegas the following yr but I didn't go to that one. I think he sucked at the show I attended. His voice was too thin and had no rasp whatsoever.

Axl sounds awful in "This I Love". He sounds like an American Idol auditions reject. He needs to practice (on his own time) how to sing this song live. Either learn how to sing it or just drop it from the set.

My ears are bleeding.

I think this assessment is delusional, and is a perfect example of your over the top "projecting" in an attempt to feel better about yourself, and to gain attention. In no way whatsoever am a blind follower--in fact I think he is weak on part of Catcher and Prostitute (1st verse, great on 2nd), but on This I Love, he sounds great! That is a tough one to sing in that setting, and for the most part, he was solid. I've never seen a wannabe on Idol have the natural presence, realness, and emotion that Axl displays. They guy has more talent in one cell, than all the Idol contestants I've ever seen do combined.

It's just an observation. There's a little Mickey Mouse going on in Street of Dreams also. He sounds good for the old songs but not so good for most of the new ones. He sounds good on "Chinese Democracy".

The Mickey Mouse description to me was always funny--never noticed it at the shows when I was there in person, but would on bootlegs of the show that would leak out later. I think on these, it's the poor audio not picking up the full spectrum of his vocal. In fact, he's always had the "Mickey Mouse"--you can hear it on bootlegs in 86. When you are at the show, live, he sounds in tune, and great! I thought Axl sounded out of tune in the 92 shows I was at, and in many of the boots--sure he had many great nights. I think in 93, he worked out many of those issues, and was really good in the South American shows. The last few shows of 2002, he was getting his legs back, and sounded OK. In 2006 and 2007, he got better as the tour progressed. But, his performances to date, on this tour, to me, are his best live vocal performances of his career! He is singing far more demanding stuff than he ever attempted in 88-93, he sounds better on the older material than I've ever heard him, and he is really pushing himself and his abilities trying to nail the CD stuff--much of which is far more demanding live, than any of the previous albums material! Kudos to Axl---the guy is cementing his legacy as one of the top five hard rock vocalists in history! Freddy, Steven Tyler, Phil Lynot, and Axl are on a whole other level, and Axl is moving up the list! The guy is going on 25 years of performing live, and at 47 is as strong as ever!!!

Come on his voice was embarassingly bad in '02. I was there in Boston and he fucking sucked. And he's not going on 25 years of performing live. He disappeared for 8 years and even since 01 has only done sporadic shows. Hetfield has been doing it for 25 years straight, and its taken its toll. He still rocks the fucking hell out of every concert, but his voice has lost the strength it had even through Poor Touring Me.

Axl sounds awful in "This I Love". He sounds like an American Idol auditions reject. He needs to practice (on his own time) how to sing this song live. Either learn how to sing it or just drop it from the set.

My ears are bleeding.

I think this assessment is delusional, and is a perfect example of your over the top "projecting" in an attempt to feel better about yourself, and to gain attention. In no way whatsoever am a blind follower--in fact I think he is weak on part of Catcher and Prostitute (1st verse, great on 2nd), but on This I Love, he sounds great! That is a tough one to sing in that setting, and for the most part, he was solid. I've never seen a wannabe on Idol have the natural presence, realness, and emotion that Axl displays. They guy has more talent in one cell, than all the Idol contestants I've ever seen do combined.

It's just an observation. There's a little Mickey Mouse going on in Street of Dreams also. He sounds good for the old songs but not so good for most of the new ones. He sounds good on "Chinese Democracy".

The Mickey Mouse description to me was always funny--never noticed it at the shows when I was there in person, but would on bootlegs of the show that would leak out later. I think on these, it's the poor audio not picking up the full spectrum of his vocal. In fact, he's always had the "Mickey Mouse"--you can hear it on bootlegs in 86. When you are at the show, live, he sounds in tune, and great! I thought Axl sounded out of tune in the 92 shows I was at, and in many of the boots--sure he had many great nights. I think in 93, he worked out many of those issues, and was really good in the South American shows. The last few shows of 2002, he was getting his legs back, and sounded OK. In 2006 and 2007, he got better as the tour progressed. But, his performances to date, on this tour, to me, are his best live vocal performances of his career! He is singing far more demanding stuff than he ever attempted in 88-93, he sounds better on the older material than I've ever heard him, and he is really pushing himself and his abilities trying to nail the CD stuff--much of which is far more demanding live, than any of the previous albums material! Kudos to Axl---the guy is cementing his legacy as one of the top five hard rock vocalists in history! Freddy, Steven Tyler, Phil Lynot, and Axl are on a whole other level, and Axl is moving up the list! The guy is going on 25 years of performing live, and at 47 is as strong as ever!!!

Come on his voice was embarassingly bad in '02. I was there in Boston and he fucking sucked. And he's not going on 25 years of performing live. He disappeared for 8 years and even since 01 has only done sporadic shows. Hetfield has been doing it for 25 years straight, and its taken its toll. He still rocks the fucking hell out of every concert, but his voice has lost the strength it had even through Poor Touring Me.

I agree. When Axl reappeared on December 31, 2000, he was only 7 yrs removed from his last show Argentina 93'. There was no excuse for his voice sucking so bad. There are so many artists with 25-30 yr careers that have never had major gaps (touring) in their careers and their voices are still strong.

Get a life guy's! Your negative "projecting" online, criticizing, dissecting, and finding anything to rag upon, and attack people with, is sick, and a sign of major psychological issues and future problems. He first started performing in 1985 live, and it's 2010-- that's a career spanning 25 years. That's all I meant--did that deserve a personal attack?

I saw them in 2001 two nights in a row in Vegas, and they were great, and I also saw them in Chicago in 2002, and they were great! Sure, he wasn't perfect, and did not have the power of 93, or 2009, but he was far from the OVER the TOP "awful" you guy's are talking about. Nonetheless, your constant, negative, shit is just tired. Why in God's name are you even here posting if all you want to do is figure out a way to attack people? My life is great, and I have no more time for you two. I wish you nothing but the best, and hope you have a great Holiday season--maybe a little time off, and some stiff spirits will help you cleanse your souls of all that negative energy.

Get a life guy's! Your negative "projecting" online, criticizing, dissecting, and finding anything to rag upon, and attack people with, is sick, and a sign of major psychological issues and future problems. He first started performing in 1985 live, and it's 2010-- that's a career spanning 25 years. That's all I meant--did that deserve a personal attack?

I saw them in 2001 two nights in a row in Vegas, and they were great, and I also saw them in Chicago in 2002, and they were great! Sure, he wasn't perfect, and did not have the power of 93, or 2009, but he was far from the OVER the TOP "awful" you guy's are talking about. Nonetheless, your constant, negative, shit is just tired. Why in God's name are you even here posting if all you want to do is figure out a way to attack people? My life is great, and I have no more time for you two. I wish you nothing but the best, and hope you have a great Holiday season--maybe a little time off, and some stiff spirits will help you cleanse your souls of all that negative energy.

They were great for you. Axl could fart on stage and you would say it is better than Mozart. Being honest and critical does not make someone "negative" or any less of a fan. He sucked in the early 2000s, now he is better. Not as good as 87-93 but still good enough to go see live.

You have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

My ears are bleeding.

I agree. When Axl reappeared on December 31, 2000, he was only 7 yrs removed from his last show Argentina 93'. There was no excuse for his voice sucking so bad. There are so many artists with 25-30 yr careers that have never had major gaps (touring) in their careers and their voices are still strong.

I think the reasonable explanation for his weak voice in 01-02 is the fact that probably didn't do anything with vocal coaches. Your voice is just like any instrument, you have to keep playing/singing if you want to maintain it. Let me put it to you this way, if Slash stopped playing guitar for 7 years, do you think he would be able to do the sweet child solo on demand? Probably not. I'd imagine Axl is doing a lot more with vocal coaches now than he was back in 02.

Edited by Axl owns dexter

They were great for you. Axl could fart on stage and you would say it is better than Mozart. Being honest and critical does not make someone "negative" or any less of a fan. He sucked in the early 2000s, now he is better. Not as good as 87-93 but still good enough to go see live.

You have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

No, I would not, and again, another personal attack with no basis. I hope you start feeling better soon.

SELLING A BOOTLEG???

How cheap is that? A bootleg is for free normally!

Ha. Quote of the day.

I'm not joking. On almost every bootleg you find in France (especially the video ones) it is implied that it should not be sold, but shared.

Only official products should be sold, as bootleg provide the artist with no benefits at all, it (in my opinion) should not be sold.

In MY opinion, if I were a worldwide known artist, I would surely help people bootlegging my shows (which I did when I was playing in a small band a few years ago), but I would absolutely go NUTS if I know that people are making money on my back selling a bootleg I have no control on!

Edited by Laparka

Axl sounded atrocious in 2001-2002. It was absolutely embarrassing. People always try to defend Axl by bringing up "bad" shows from the 90's. Axl may have sounded ":bad" in some of the old shows but the power in his voice was always there. Axl doesn't have that power in his voice anymore. Every time he has trouble singing a verse he goes into Mickey Mouse voice. Now I don't have a problem with him not sounding good on every song, it is understandable considering his age and him not taking care of himself for all those yrs. My only problem is people saying he sounds better than ever before. That is just not true.

AMEN TO THAT !

Hmmm ... why does this song sound so totally out of tune, especially during the first chorus? Is that Ashba?!?!? I don't really think that he has too much credit left with Axl. If he doesn't put his act together, Axl is gonna call the presid ... erm ... I mean ... he's gonna call the Finckster. So let's hope that Asha is NOT gonna put his act together. ;)

SELLING A BOOTLEG???

How cheap is that? A bootleg is for free normally!

Ha. Quote of the day.

I'm not joking. On almost every bootleg you find in France (especially the video ones) it is implied that it should not be sold, but shared.

Only official products should be sold, as bootleg provide the artist with no benefits at all, it (in my opinion) should not be sold.

In MY opinion, if I were a worldwide known artist, I would surely help people bootlegging my shows (which I did when I was playing in a small band a few years ago), but I would absolutely go NUTS if I know that people are making money on my back selling a bootleg I have no control on!

Not only that but the assholes are selling it for 50 dollars !!! :fuckyou: