Tokyo 19-12-2009 - PICS, AUDIO, VIDEO

ChristianGNR

Yo. ashbalove. You really gotta recognize what this forum is all about. It has nothing to do with Pro Shot, Raulxl boots etc. Guns N' Roses fans and some of the most loyal in the world. These vids are a bonus but not the sole reason we "come together" to celebrate the revival of a great band, and a greater front man. Ask yourself this... Would you rather have no videos or partial concert clips? Cuz if your answer is part A. You aren't a fan. I think the rest of the true fans will agree. Just because I don't post much, doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I have loved this band from day 1 when I bought AFD on release day, when no one wanted it because of the cover art. I have been to over 15 shows. I support this band 100% through thick and thin. That is a true fan. Deep down, I'm sure you are a true fan, with clouded illusions of what your entitled to. Bootlegs are a gift not a requirement. When Jarmo and others fly to Asia to send the rest of us updates when they don't have to. If you want "Pro-Shot" footage... Buy a ticket and sit front row and videotape Axl. I'm willing to bet he'd knock ya flat. Then you'd stop bitchin'. Don't think for one second I'm comin' down on ya. You are a fan, just need to realign your faith in the world's greatest band.

i'm a fan of gnr from 2000's. not from appetite. but, when i see an 'incomplete' video, i want the full video. it's no different with these. at the same time, i want cd quality audio. i can't listen to someone singing over a live song. nor can i listen to something that doesn't sound right. the prostitute version on the cd is better than prostitute live. live shows r supposed to be better than cds. im not getting this with these clips. i'm getting something very hard to enjoy on the eyes and ears

The song has been played twice, so if you can say that it's worse than the studio version after watching one video, then you are no better than the people saying that all of the incomplete videos and whatnot are fantastic.

it's true. axl isn't perfect on prostitute live. axl is perfect on studio prostitute. axl is supposed to be better than perfect singing 'prostitute' live. or else if i was at the show, i'd just listen to my i-pod whenever a new song was performed

Dude, we all want that, but it's just not fair to expect that. I mean, I don't want him to sound like shit, and I pissed if he did, but I know that's not possible.

that's the expectations i have. axl met those expectations on the 2006 shows. axl was perfect then. didn't miss a beat. the highlight was 'there was a time' in madrid. he was 'freakin' awesome' on this night

Bull fukkin shit. Axl sounds better than ever right now, far better than 2006/07 (which was great). Of course he can't sound like the studio version, Prostitute was half its way on the set, do you realize how much energy he spends on every song? You can't expect him to deliver something as perfect as the studio, plus he can't hear himself as clearly as in a studio, he is not isolated. You don't know shit. His current performances are OUTSTANDING and out of this world, he is as good as his old self, that's something! And when he signs Prostitute as good half down way the set, I call this awesome. Those live performances are rawer than the studio versions and that's what I expect.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo. ashbalove. You really gotta recognize what this forum is all about. It has nothing to do with Pro Shot, Raulxl boots etc. Guns N' Roses fans and some of the most loyal in the world. These vids are a bonus but not the sole reason we "come together" to celebrate the revival of a great band, and a greater front man. Ask yourself this... Would you rather have no videos or partial concert clips? Cuz if your answer is part A. You aren't a fan. I think the rest of the true fans will agree. Just because I don't post much, doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I have loved this band from day 1 when I bought AFD on release day, when no one wanted it because of the cover art. I have been to over 15 shows. I support this band 100% through thick and thin. That is a true fan. Deep down, I'm sure you are a true fan, with clouded illusions of what your entitled to. Bootlegs are a gift not a requirement. When Jarmo and others fly to Asia to send the rest of us updates when they don't have to. If you want "Pro-Shot" footage... Buy a ticket and sit front row and videotape Axl. I'm willing to bet he'd knock ya flat. Then you'd stop bitchin'. Don't think for one second I'm comin' down on ya. You are a fan, just need to realign your faith in the world's greatest band.

i'm a fan of gnr from 2000's. not from appetite. but, when i see an 'incomplete' video, i want the full video. it's no different with these. at the same time, i want cd quality audio. i can't listen to someone singing over a live song. nor can i listen to something that doesn't sound right. the prostitute version on the cd is better than prostitute live. live shows r supposed to be better than cds. im not getting this with these clips. i'm getting something very hard to enjoy on the eyes and ears

The song has been played twice, so if you can say that it's worse than the studio version after watching one video, then you are no better than the people saying that all of the incomplete videos and whatnot are fantastic.

it's true. axl isn't perfect on prostitute live. axl is perfect on studio prostitute. axl is supposed to be better than perfect singing 'prostitute' live. or else if i was at the show, i'd just listen to my i-pod whenever a new song was performed

Dude, we all want that, but it's just not fair to expect that. I mean, I don't want him to sound like shit, and I pissed if he did, but I know that's not possible.

that's the expectations i have. axl met those expectations on the 2006 shows. axl was perfect then. didn't miss a beat. the highlight was 'there was a time' in madrid. he was 'freakin' awesome' on this night

You're insane. Madrid Twat is possibly Axl's worse live performance ever. He didn't screw the pooch on that one, he rammed a car up its ass. Try Twat from Hammerstein, the only time to date that he sung the fuck out of it and nailed it and didn't sound like he was massively struggling with all the verses.

You're insane. Madrid Twat is possibly Axl's worse live performance ever. He didn't screw the pooch on that one, he rammed a car up its ass. Try Twat from Hammerstein, the only time to date that he sung the fuck out of it and nailed it and didn't sound like he was massively struggling with all the verses.

Axl sounded shit on TWAT in Hammerstein too.

LP

Wow.Sounds awesome! And somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but did Axl take off the hat and bandanna and look a hell of alot like his former self?? Damnit.Where are the pictures???!?!?!?

Ha! You're right! He doesn't have anything on his head on you could be mine! Hehehe

I think we need an good quality audio bootleg of this show rock1

And Osaka would be nice too.

We also need a pro-shot quality version!

There is no way this wasn't filmed properly, it's just whether they release it or someone leaks it.

I never understand in this day and age why bands don't put pro-shot quality gigs on their official website as pay per download for £5. I am sure that die hards would pay for that, and I bet it wouldn't cost them much or take someone much effort to set up.

Obviously not EVERY gig, but maybe when the band has been awesome or feel they've had a great gig then they can stick the footage online and charge the fans some money for it. If there's any new songs they don't want to release, or feel one performance is not good enough they can take it out and show the setlist people are purchasing. I bet this would make the band a decent bit of extra money too.

LP

Edited by Longpig

Tokyo--this band is on FIRE!! YCBM full below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FgqE1zApas&feature=player_embedded

OMG! Axl sounds f*cking awesome! rock3

Really great performance there!!!

yeah, great performance although the band sounds a bit too polished

I don't know why everyone keeps saying this vid of YCBM is so awesome- It's shaky & distorted.

This one is far better. It's got a great view of the vid screen, pyro, Axl . IMO, you can feel more than any other Video the awesome power of GNR 2009!

http://www.youtube.com/user/neftyjac- Crank it up!! rock3

Gawd, Axl is singing his fucking heart out! Wow!

It's the perfect song to showcase his voice. I keep thinking about how good these songs are going to sound on the Canadian tour when Axl's used to singing them. Hopefully Raul will come through with Scraped next.

Ron's solo on ITW...absolutely perfect.

Love how he completely changed his playing style for this tour.

Looks like he read all the bitching, got fed up with it and decided to show the haters what he could do if he wanted to. :thumbsup:

No more red beanie, no more Bumblefoot licks on classic Gnr songs, no more modifying Buckethead's parts...