Tokyo 19-12-2009 - PICS, AUDIO, VIDEO

ChristianGNR

Yo. ashbalove. You really gotta recognize what this forum is all about. It has nothing to do with Pro Shot, Raulxl boots etc. Guns N' Roses fans and some of the most loyal in the world. These vids are a bonus but not the sole reason we "come together" to celebrate the revival of a great band, and a greater front man. Ask yourself this... Would you rather have no videos or partial concert clips? Cuz if your answer is part A. You aren't a fan. I think the rest of the true fans will agree. Just because I don't post much, doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I have loved this band from day 1 when I bought AFD on release day, when no one wanted it because of the cover art. I have been to over 15 shows. I support this band 100% through thick and thin. That is a true fan. Deep down, I'm sure you are a true fan, with clouded illusions of what your entitled to. Bootlegs are a gift not a requirement. When Jarmo and others fly to Asia to send the rest of us updates when they don't have to. If you want "Pro-Shot" footage... Buy a ticket and sit front row and videotape Axl. I'm willing to bet he'd knock ya flat. Then you'd stop bitchin'. Don't think for one second I'm comin' down on ya. You are a fan, just need to realign your faith in the world's greatest band.

i'm a fan of gnr from 2000's. not from appetite. but, when i see an 'incomplete' video, i want the full video. it's no different with these. at the same time, i want cd quality audio. i can't listen to someone singing over a live song. nor can i listen to something that doesn't sound right. the prostitute version on the cd is better than prostitute live. live shows r supposed to be better than cds. im not getting this with these clips. i'm getting something very hard to enjoy on the eyes and ears

The song has been played twice, so if you can say that it's worse than the studio version after watching one video, then you are no better than the people saying that all of the incomplete videos and whatnot are fantastic.

it's true. axl isn't perfect on prostitute live. axl is perfect on studio prostitute. axl is supposed to be better than perfect singing 'prostitute' live. or else if i was at the show, i'd just listen to my i-pod whenever a new song was performed

Dude, we all want that, but it's just not fair to expect that. I mean, I don't want him to sound like shit, and I pissed if he did, but I know that's not possible.

that's the expectations i have. axl met those expectations on the 2006 shows. axl was perfect then. didn't miss a beat. the highlight was 'there was a time' in madrid. he was 'freakin' awesome' on this night

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the expectations i have. axl met those expectations on the 2006 shows. axl was perfect then. didn't miss a beat. the highlight was 'there was a time' in madrid. he was 'freakin' awesome' on this night

...You are

1.) out of your mind about live show expectations.

2.) out of your mind if you think MADRID's TWAT was "AWESOME". It was a horrible, horrible mess of vocals. Most would agree. If you liked it, than fine, but that just shows you how much is subjective and you have no business talking about expecting "perfection", since you're holding up... Madrid's TWAT. What a trainwreck.

I think the only people that should be judging Axl's live performances are people who are at the shows and people who buy the live dvd's(if/when they come out)

+1

axl sounded great at the seoul and taipei shows tokyo he sounded like shit.

From what I'm listening to, he sounded better in Tokyo.

Tokyo--this band is on FIRE!! YCBM full below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FgqE1zApas&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Cockaroachsoup80

axl sounded great at the seoul and taipei shows tokyo he sounded like shit.

What the fuck are you talking about you little tit????

you little tit?? oh no dont get ur panties in a bunch over an opinion dude get a fuckin life.

don't bother none, people always freak out around here if you don't like what they like.

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.

That is, without a doubt, the greatest nightrain i have ever heard in my life. it literally puts the old band to shame,

:rolleyes:

pfft its good, but just remember who laid the foundations for that song for Ron to do his solos, slash's soloing creates more emotion and keeps with the flow of the song, Ron's soloing is crazy but its a just back and forth shredding

Yo. ashbalove. You really gotta recognize what this forum is all about. It has nothing to do with Pro Shot, Raulxl boots etc. Guns N' Roses fans and some of the most loyal in the world. These vids are a bonus but not the sole reason we "come together" to celebrate the revival of a great band, and a greater front man. Ask yourself this... Would you rather have no videos or partial concert clips? Cuz if your answer is part A. You aren't a fan. I think the rest of the true fans will agree. Just because I don't post much, doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I have loved this band from day 1 when I bought AFD on release day, when no one wanted it because of the cover art. I have been to over 15 shows. I support this band 100% through thick and thin. That is a true fan. Deep down, I'm sure you are a true fan, with clouded illusions of what your entitled to. Bootlegs are a gift not a requirement. When Jarmo and others fly to Asia to send the rest of us updates when they don't have to. If you want "Pro-Shot" footage... Buy a ticket and sit front row and videotape Axl. I'm willing to bet he'd knock ya flat. Then you'd stop bitchin'. Don't think for one second I'm comin' down on ya. You are a fan, just need to realign your faith in the world's greatest band.

i'm a fan of gnr from 2000's. not from appetite. but, when i see an 'incomplete' video, i want the full video. it's no different with these. at the same time, i want cd quality audio. i can't listen to someone singing over a live song. nor can i listen to something that doesn't sound right. the prostitute version on the cd is better than prostitute live. live shows r supposed to be better than cds. im not getting this with these clips. i'm getting something very hard to enjoy on the eyes and ears

The song has been played twice, so if you can say that it's worse than the studio version after watching one video, then you are no better than the people saying that all of the incomplete videos and whatnot are fantastic.

it's true. axl isn't perfect on prostitute live. axl is perfect on studio prostitute. axl is supposed to be better than perfect singing 'prostitute' live. or else if i was at the show, i'd just listen to my i-pod whenever a new song was performed

Dude, we all want that, but it's just not fair to expect that. I mean, I don't want him to sound like shit, and I pissed if he did, but I know that's not possible.

you sir are not rational with your expectations

no one is perfect, so dont expect them to be. live performances are about energy and vibes, a perfect performance is not expected or mandatory. sure we want axl to be the best he can be, but expecting perfection is absolutely ludicrous.

You were smoking some heavy shit that night, weren`t you? Axl sounds way better on the new songs that I have ever expected. Now he sings Better 10x better than on the 06/07 tour.

Good ycbm!

Cant believe the lack of decent recordings so far, 4 gigs and mainly shitty camera phone footage, its hard to make informed comments on the performance based on this level of quality.

Fingers crossed soem better audio/video comes out. If not, its down to the canadians!