Tokyo 19-12-2009 - PICS, AUDIO, VIDEO

ChristianGNR

DJ Ashba actually seems to improve. The Blues was alright and This I Love was also good. He butchered only a few parts. He's still not as good as the Finckster, of course, but that's what you get from trying to copy an original. Ron unfortunately screwed up my favourite part of Buckethead's TWAT solo, but apart from screwing up my favourite part, the TWAT performance was decent.

Were u listening to the same solo as me? No offence to Ashba he is a great guitar player but he absolutely WANKS the TIL solo. It's piss poor, there are better YouTube covers out there.

As for guitar players, it's all about Ron Bumblefoot Thal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The man is nailing at the moment

Fish

I hope Ashba improves. I`m more than fine with him in the band, but some of the Robin haters really have strange criteria when judging DJ Ashba`s playing. Robin was far from perfect, but show me one clip when he screwed his solo as much as Ashba the first time he played TIL or Patience Seol (listen to the begining of outro 4.05 - 4.30).

I have to agree, Ron has really uped his game 300% for this tour and is the star of this lineupthumbsup.gif.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ Ashba actually seems to improve. The Blues was alright and This I Love was also good. He butchered only a few parts. He's still not as good as the Finckster, of course, but that's what you get from trying to copy an original. Ron unfortunately screwed up my favourite part of Buckethead's TWAT solo, but apart from screwing up my favourite part, the TWAT performance was decent.

Were u listening to the same solo as me? No offence to Ashba he is a great guitar player but he absolutely WANKS the TIL solo. It's piss poor, there are better YouTube covers out there.

As for guitar players, it's all about Ron Bumblefoot Thal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The man is nailing at the moment

Fish

Ron has improved so much with this tour. He's shredding less and combining the styles together better. I used to absolutely loathe his You Could Be Mine solo -- didn't notice anything wrong this time...then again, I'm only listening to bootlegs.

Dear God. The scream around 3:40 of TWAT. :shocked:

His screams sounded better than ever - finally Axl really nailed it... even though he came a bit late and Ron played his solo while Axl was still screaming.

Awesome version, the best I've heard.

NO rasp in that scream at all! Just pure singing, love it.

Bunch of good quality videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWilsonsMovies#p/u/4/fv-E_1xntHs

First time I've seen the full intro to CD. I'm glad they we back to the 06/07 concert buildup/ intro music. It sets the mood perfectly! :thumbsup:

I still want to know what the fuck that orchestral is... I love it. I was convinced it was part of "The General" :P Can anyone shed any light? There must be a proper recording of it somewhere if it's not.

Bunch of good quality videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWilsonsMovies#p/u/4/fv-E_1xntHs

First time I've seen the full intro to CD. I'm glad they we back to the 06/07 concert buildup/ intro music. It sets the mood perfectly! :thumbsup:

I still want to know what the fuck that orchestral is... I love it. I was convinced it was part of "The General" :P Can anyone shed any light? There must be a proper recording of it somewhere if it's not.

Think it's just some sort of synth fuckery from Pitman. It's reminiscent of the sound the tripods made in the War Of The Worlds film.

Edited by Bansidhe

awesome, a FULL, GOOD QUALITY version of This I Love.

DJ kinda screwed the beginning of the solo, but it sounds like there were sound problems? he was barely audible at the start... he pulled threw though.... he's getting better, he'll have it down and will have made it his own by the time the canada tour rolls around. i cant believe that in less than a month, not only am i going to be in the same building as these guys, im going to be experiencing the madness that is Guns N' Roses, live, for the first time. im so fuckin pumped for this!!

Edited by RickRoses

Love how he completely changed his playing style for this tour.

Looks like he read all the bitching, got fed up with it and decided to show the haters what he could do if he wanted to. :thumbsup:

No more red beanie, no more Bumblefoot licks on classic Gnr songs, no more modifying Buckethead's parts...

I couldn't agree more.

In '06/'07 he had zero stage presence, especially clothing wise. More importantly, his shredding, although impressive, had absolutely no place in the GNR classics. It

might have been down to a lack of rehearsal opportunities before the start of the tour, and he also mentioned the limited access to the then unreleased CD songs. Then again, he could have used the time inbetween the Euro and US tours in '06 or before the '07 tour to get some work done, but maybe he didn't get the chance to do so.

It seems he's now respecting the original solo's more, be that AFD or CD songs. He also has that singing Buckethead tone going on, which I love.

I feared the worst with Buckethead and Finck gone, with both being so amazing on the album, especially Buckethead's parts. Ron really rose to the challenge however,

and I'm pleasantly suprised and impressed. I also like his stage clothes better :)

Dj Ashba still needs some practice though ;)