Tokyo 19-12-2009 - PICS, AUDIO, VIDEO

ChristianGNR

The jam at the end sounds like an instrumental Woman from Tokyo, not Coma or Oh My God to me.

Also, I thought the 2006/2007 shows were fantastic. I didn't realize people thought they were bad. Especially when compared to the first half of the decade. Axl struggled a bit on the newer songs then, while blowing away the old ones. I never understood why people freaked out over how "overproduced" CD sounded when that has always been a GNR sound. Even on AFD there were layers of guitars and Axl singing high and low parts at the same time.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl sounded atrocious in 2001-2002. It was absolutely embarrassing. People always try to defend Axl by bringing up "bad" shows from the 90's. Axl may have sounded ":bad" in some of the old shows but the power in his voice was always there. Axl doesn't have that power in his voice anymore. Every time he has trouble singing a verse he goes into Mickey Mouse voice. Now I don't have a problem with him not sounding good on every song, it is understandable considering his age and him not taking care of himself for all those yrs. My only problem is people saying he sounds better than ever before. That is just not true.

AMEN TO THAT !

Actually (not 02 or 06) he's better than old times...for me. I'm sure of my opinion. :thumbsup:

Dont make ur view looks like the truth. Its not. :thumbsup:

Of course there's no way of winning an argument over this kind of thing, because it's sort of down to opinion.

BUT I have to say that if you think Axl sounds better now, than in 1988 or 1993 then you must be a bit weird. Perfectly entitled to your opinion, but a bit weird.

I've refrained from saying this, but This I Love from this concert. People are saying he nailed it.

Granted it got better in the 2nd half of the song, and left you feeling impressed by the singing, but the first couple of verses were ropey to say the least.

Now I'm not one of these people that says Axl is shit now, I think he sounds great for the most part. But I find it BIZARRE that people can say he's better now then ever.

Some songs maybe he is better now than 1992 when his voice was shot and he was more growling songs. SCOM for example didn't work in 1992 with that voice. Nightrain he sounds good now too, but the new band kicks ass on that song and the arrangment is excellent and that helps a bit! But I think I'd still go with early Axl Nightrain.

So I think Axl is sounding good right now, and will get even better with some shows under his belt. I just don't think people can be totally honest with themselves when they say he sounds better now than back in the day. I think even Axl would agree.

LP

Anyone kinda find it strange that the guy who gave us the teaser said his team wasn't happy with the bootleg but suddenly a few days later a bootleg from the same show is up for sale?

That would be strange. But isn't this bootleg from Tokyo? The other was from Osaka.

Axl sounded atrocious in 2001-2002. It was absolutely embarrassing. People always try to defend Axl by bringing up "bad" shows from the 90's. Axl may have sounded ":bad" in some of the old shows but the power in his voice was always there. Axl doesn't have that power in his voice anymore. Every time he has trouble singing a verse he goes into Mickey Mouse voice. Now I don't have a problem with him not sounding good on every song, it is understandable considering his age and him not taking care of himself for all those yrs. My only problem is people saying he sounds better than ever before. That is just not true.

AMEN TO THAT !

Actually (not 02 or 06) he's better than old times...for me. I'm sure of my opinion. :thumbsup:

Dont make ur view looks like the truth. Its not. :thumbsup:

Of course there's no way of winning an argument over this kind of thing, because it's sort of down to opinion.

BUT I have to say that if you think Axl sounds better now, than in 1988 or 1993 then you must be a bit weird. Perfectly entitled to your opinion, but a bit weird.

I've refrained from saying this, but This I Love from this concert. People are saying he nailed it.

Granted it got better in the 2nd half of the song, and left you feeling impressed by the singing, but the first couple of verses were ropey to say the least.

Now I'm not one of these people that says Axl is shit now, I think he sounds great for the most part. But I find it BIZARRE that people can say he's better now then ever.

Some songs maybe he is better now than 1992 when his voice was shot and he was more growling songs. SCOM for example didn't work in 1992 with that voice. Nightrain he sounds good now too, but the new band kicks ass on that song and the arrangment is excellent and that helps a bit! But I think I'd still go with early Axl Nightrain.

So I think Axl is sounding good right now, and will get even better with some shows under his belt. I just don't think people can be totally honest with themselves when they say he sounds better now than back in the day. I think even Axl would agree.

LP

try to imagine Axl singing I.R.S , Prostitute, If the World, This i Love or Catcher in 1992.

U can say he was better but...not that much...

i'd respect your opinion.

and i dont think he sounds worse than 92 doing the old songs...(i think its better now)

its a little bit diferent voice (just like he changed in 88/91/93/02) but not worse.

i might agree with you when i hear Dont Cry or Paradise City...

but overall, hes doing a great work :thumbsup:

Edited by eiDeis

What I don't understand is it's the low notes he can't sing at the moment, weird.

That's what I was thinking, every single tour he has nailed the low notes up until now. Now he's nailing the high notes and struggling to hit the low ones. I mean listen to Scraped, AMAZING high notes, and on the low notes he doesn't hit them. He just does more of a "middle" high. Same with Sorry.

If the World and Shacklers great quality audio (Osaka)

Thread Title:- Tokyo 19-12-2009 - PICS, AUDIO, VIDEO

Ever heard of convenience?

Haha, and that's what that is it... Shall I just post RiR2 as well, just in case anyone is passing by? I don't mean to sound like a whiny bitch, but Osaka media goes in the Osaka thread, and Tokyo media goes in the Tokyo thread. That's why we have those threads, because it's easier to manage that having links to all sorts of different things in all sorts of different threads.

It's better we have a recording then no recording at all

I hope the people who buy the boot share :D

or, we can have one guy buying the bootleg and 49 others who sends 1$ via paypal, and he can share this amongst all of us (in FLAC)...

great idea!! I'm in..

everybody send me a dollar.

go.

CD Audio -

I really hope the guy isn't charging 50 dollars for these. That clipping sound is worse than Raul's singing.

Nah that's not it, christ that'd be awful :P I think that's just ripped from a video of the concert, or someone recording it poorly. The samples are posted a few pages back, it's a "Axl Monitor Mix" or whatever you wanna call it, basically Axl comes through much clearly than anything else. It's second best to a soundboard, I think.

I don't mean to sound like a whiny bitch,

But you do.

Korea

Taiwan Soundcheck

Mexico

Argentina

Germany

Turkey

Are you beginning the see the problem? All of these are out of place, whether or not they're convenient to people. Organisation is there for a reason.

That's what Hitler said before he began murdering innocents.

Yeah but he had a silly 'tache.