What about Riad?

realpoti

Riad was played for the last time in 2002. BBf did the solo on the album version. Maybe it's a good song to replace Scraped. It's heavy and I think Axl would be better singing. What you think?

I'd rather hear them just do a cover of the Immigrant Song. Riad is as close to filler as any song on Chinese Democracy.

Don't understand all the hate for Riad, I love it and always have.

Me too. It's catchy, got a cool riff, and I love Ron's solo. I'd rank it higher than Scraped. That's the one song on Chinese Democracy I've never particularly cared for. I really like the live arrangement though (with the drum intro).

I have a strong feeling Axl doesn't want to perform it because of the lawsuit. always liked that song.

Axl's voice on riad sounds the closest to the appetite era the most on this one. (not that I don't like his other tones-their just as great)

I have a strong feeling Axl doesn't want to perform it because of the lawsuit. always liked that song.

Axl's voice on riad sounds the closest to the appetite era the most on this one. (not that I don't like his other tones-their just as great)

No, I don't think he wants to sing it because he can't do it justice live, and he doesn't have faith in it. Remember anytime a band member said anything about Riad before CD came out, they always said it wouldn't be on the album. I honestly think it only ended up on the album because it leaked, not because Axl likes it.

yeah i was wondering about riad, its interesting that they have played all of the songs off chinese d except for this one even though they played it in 2002, i would like to hear the new version of this song with bumblefoots solo, im guessing axl might not be playing it because they dont wanna be reminded of the lawsuit or something idk

his voice probably cant handle it

His voice has handled it fine in the past. If he can handle WTTJ and "Scraped", he can handle "Riad N' the Bedouins".

Ali

His voice was much better in 2000 and 2002

And he cannot sing scraped well at all, most of the OHHH OHHHs are a backing track.

Axl would probably blow out his voice doing rhaid, and if he tried he would probably sound awful, since he has to use his clean voice.

yeah i was wondering about riad, its interesting that they have played all of the songs off chinese d except for this one even though they played it in 2002, i would like to hear the new version of this song with bumblefoots solo, im guessing axl might not be playing it because they dont wanna be reminded of the lawsuit or something idk

Lawsuit has nothing to do with it, you can play anything you want live, they play whole lotta rosie.

And if it was an issue they could just chop off the intro and play it, that is not the reason why its not being played.

his voice probably cant handle it

His voice has handled it fine in the past. If he can handle WTTJ and "Scraped", he can handle "Riad N' the Bedouins".

Ali

His voice was much better in 2000 and 2002

And he cannot sing scraped well at all, most of the OHHH OHHHs are a backing track.

Axl would probably blow out his voice doing rhaid, and if he tried he would probably sound awful, since he has to use his clean voice.

Lawsuit has nothing to do with it, you can play anything you want live, they play whole lotta rosie.

And if it was an issue they could just chop off the intro and play it, that is not the reason why its not being played.

No, his voice was considerably worse in '01 and '02. That said, I still don't think he could do Riad live, it's a tough song to sing.