The Official Metal Thread

LightningBolt

Metal is like pizza: there is always a flavour for you. I personally love most of them from Doom to Speed/ Technical Death. From Funk to Thrash. From Classical to Industrial. God, even Nu Metal has its bright moments.

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Slayer and Led Zeppelin (not sure if I should call them metal), Preparing myself for their gigs, Industrial and Djent, which seems to be the (not so) new shit among ERG metal fans: There's a lot of shitty Meshuggah Rip-offs, with boring and repetitive riffs, but there's also a lot of good shit:

(not sure if this one is actually Djent)

yeah im a huge doom fan it is probably my favorite subgenre of metal, where you going to see slayer?

i wanted to create a thread like this but saw one was created already so i will necro this one instead of posting a new thread :)

the new forgotten tomb album is streaming online

http://www.rockerilla.com/?p=8462

i quite liked it will probably be in my top 20 post at the end of the year

so what is everyones favorite metal album of the year?

I listened to the first song and I liked parts of it :P

I don't have a favorite Metal album this year because none of the bands I like have realesed anything

But I have just started listening to Baroness so even if they aren't a metal band I'll say Yellow & Green is my favorite album of the year

i consider baroness metal granted i just got into them a month or so ago when i got the red album, which i really like so i got to explore more of their discography, it is a shame about the bus accident glad they are doing better

couple of my favorites so far this year are

wintersun- time I

woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light

agalloch- faustian echoes EP

I don't think they are metal at all.... maaaaaaybe some parts but I wouldn't call them a metal band. I haven't listened to that album that much yet but I belive that one is more "heavy" :P

yeah that's good :)

I forgot about Wintersune :o have to go look around youtube now! :D

i wanted to create a thread like this but saw one was created already so i will necro this one instead of posting a new thread :)

the new forgotten tomb album is streaming online

http://www.rockerilla.com/?p=8462

i quite liked it will probably be in my top 20 post at the end of the year

so what is everyones favorite metal album of the year?

I listened to the first song and I liked parts of it :P

I don't have a favorite Metal album this year because none of the bands I like have realesed anything

But I have just started listening to Baroness so even if they aren't a metal band I'll say Yellow & Green is my favorite album of the year

i consider baroness metal granted i just got into them a month or so ago when i got the red album, which i really like so i got to explore more of their discography, it is a shame about the bus accident glad they are doing better

couple of my favorites so far this year are

wintersun- time I

woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light

agalloch- faustian echoes EP

I don't think they are metal at all.... maaaaaaybe some parts but I wouldn't call them a metal band. I haven't listened to that album that much yet but I belive that one is more "heavy" :P

yeah that's good :)

I forgot about Wintersune :o have to go look around youtube now! :D

yeah your going to have to be quick they are taking those wintersun videos down quick, :lol:

as for baroness they really hug the line between rock/metal similar to later era amorphis and the last woods of ypres album i would still put them leaning towards metal IMO but either way still a cool band i got to check out more of their albums i really like the red album

yeah your going to have to be quick they are taking those wintersun videos down quick, :lol:

as for baroness they really hug the line between rock/metal similar to later era amorphis and the last woods of ypres album i would still put them leaning towards metal IMO but either way still a cool band i got to check out more of their albums i really like the red album

I have now listened to that album and I didn't really like it. To much thinks going on witch I usualy like (Crack The Skye for example) but it just didn't sound right in my ears.... it was too over produced. maybe I just have grown tired of that genre :shrugs:

Yeah I see them as a more heavy rock band. The Yellow and Green album is alot more soft.

This song is from the Blue record and it's probably one of my favorite songs by them

new black sabbath news

new song title confirmed it is called "God Is Dead"

that makes me think about this :P

Edited by Desperado

i really like that baroness song, i have to pick up another album by them

got any recs to start people have been saying their new double album is great.

on some other news

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=180998

the century media vs lacuna coil downloaders lawsuit got squished by a judge in new jersey

century media also filed a lawsuit against downloaders of iced earths dystopia album as well

Metal is like pizza: there is always a flavour for you. I personally love most of them from Doom to Speed/ Technical Death. From Funk to Thrash. From Classical to Industrial. God, even Nu Metal has its bright moments.

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Slayer and Led Zeppelin (not sure if I should call them metal), Preparing myself for their gigs, Industrial and Djent, which seems to be the (not so) new shit among ERG metal fans: There's a lot of shitty Meshuggah Rip-offs, with boring and repetitive riffs, but there's also a lot of good shit:

(not sure if this one is actually Djent)

yeah im a huge doom fan it is probably my favorite subgenre of metal, where you going to see slayer?

Porto Alegre - Brazil

November 15

That's the last piece of the thrash big four for me, I've seen 'em all in Porto Alegre. I went to a Anthrax gig earlier this year and I saw TallicA and Megadeth back in 2010.

Cathedral is my favorite doom band. I kinda like their mid school style. They have that darker edge from the more modern bands, but still retained that Master Of Reality sound and the 7 string guitars are just great too, I have a soft spot for low tunings, you know. Candlemass is a close second.

Every now and then I listen to some Drone Metal too, I really need to be in the mood cuz it makes Doom sound like a Speed/ Power/ Brutal Death Metal band. Sun 0))) is my favorite band from the genre:

This is one of their fastest songs.

Edited by Chewbacca

Porto Alegre - Brazil

November 15

That's the last piece of the thrash big four for me, I've seen 'em all in Porto Alegre. I went to a Anthrax gig earlier this year and I saw TallicA and Megadeth back in 2010.

Cathedral is my favorite doom band. I kinda like their mid school style. They have that darker edge from the more modern bands, but still retained that Master Of Reality sound and the 7 string guitars are just great too, I have a soft spot for low tunings, you know. Candlemass is a close second.

Every now and then I listen to some Drone Metal too, I really need to be in the mood cuz it makes Doom sound like a Speed/ Power/ Brutal Death Metal band. Sun 0))) is my favorite band from the genre:

This is one of their fastest songs.

have fun i bet it is going to be a crazy show, watching videos of bands it always seems the south americans just have the best crowds

cathedral is great, candlemass is my favorite doom band outside of early sabbath.

as for drone i really havent explored that subgenre yet i started exploring funeral doom with bands like the slow death, and shape of despair

this year i want to explore drone and maybe djent just got to find the time and money lol

• 3 weeks later...

Wintersun - Time I is just so fucking amazing. I can't wait for Time II.

i know it just seems like an eternity

as for albums already released i need to pick up

forgotten tomb- and dont deliver us from evil

bloodshed walhalla- the battle will never end

i know their is an album by a band coming out next month i need to get but i cannot remember who it was :lol:

as for upcoming albums in 2013 the list would be

wintersun- time II

black sabbath- TBA

eternal tears of sorrow- TBA

amorphis- TBA

slayer- TBA

sodom- TBA

king diamond-TBA

wolfchant- embraced by fire

dark moor- TBA

blind guardian- TBA

megadeth- TBA

that is a short list probably a shitload more plus whatever bands i discover along the way lol

i will have my top 15 albums of 2012 up probably second week of december i do it every year on different forums(done it about 4 years running now) but i will do it on mygnr this time, in this thread or another thread i create :lol:

• 9 months later...