The Official Metal Thread

LightningBolt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLffQQhjpkA

Finally some decent quality footage from their current tour....

I can't wait for the new live DVD...

(LMFAO at 1:19)

i hate watching cradle live. good band, but danny looks like a fucking tard.

cant wait for the new album though.

I don't really care what he looks like (though I do think he looked pretty badass in the Midian era), and the new album should definitely be interesting.... Should be out relatively quick, probably shortly after their current tour, almost definitely by the end of the year - Paul wants to package it with the live DVD, which would be cool...

(Not sure how up-to-date you are with CoF, but their 'new' album came out in November - the next album is going to be entirely orchaestral, composed of re-arranged tracks from their first 4 albums, with choirs and stuff. It should be cool, I look forward to it...)

Pretty excited for new In Flames, too - definitely trying to hit Mayhem fest and seeing them

Edited by RickRoses

New IF too, apparently it's going to be a more "dark, haunted" kind of album, which I'm excited for although the name "Sounds of a Playground Fading" is pretty stupid/child molester-y.

Have the last few IF records been up to snuff? I kinda gave up after hearing come Clarity. Im still a Jester/Whoreacle/Colony/Clayman purist with them

I agree that TJR-Clayman was their best run and TJR is my favourite metal album and in my 5 favourite albums of all time but I think they've done some fantastic stuff since, they've branched out into other things and there've been successes and failures, I actually love some of their more experimental stuff (Dawn of a New Day, Metaphor, My Sweet Shadow) and Come Clarity was definitely the closest album to traditional In Flames since 2000... Stuff like Crawl Through Knives was pure Gothenburg. Having said that, I do miss the amazing melodies, harmonies and low growls from the old records, so if that's what you're looking for you probably wouldn't enjoy A Sense Of Purpose bar a couple of tracks (March To The Shore is great, awesome low growl from Anders. Eraser, one of the bonus tracks is easily the best piece of Melodic Death Metal they've done since Clayman)... At the end of the day, they've no interest in writing in that style anymore unfortunately so we've all got to either move on with them or forget them.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Here's a great band from Sweden that has become relatively big here last years.

Recalls Accept, Judas Priest and AC/DC. Great band.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Hehe. I think Udo must have a crush on camouflage. Especially camouflage shorts. He has been wearing that every time I've seen him live.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

So I'm gonna try to go see these guys friday night... They're sort of a local band (from just outside Vancouver, but they play a lot of shows on Vancouver Island)...

They're sort of hardcore-ska, a bit System Of A Down-ish... I quite like that song

(Didn't feel like making a new thread for them, and I suppose they fit into this thread....)

So I'm gonna try to go see these guys friday night... They're sort of a local band (from just outside Vancouver, but they play a lot of shows on Vancouver Island)...

They're sort of hardcore-ska, a bit System Of A Down-ish... I quite like that song

(Didn't feel like making a new thread for them, and I suppose they fit into this thread....)

This is one of the best songs I've heard in a while.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd like to thank whoever posted in the documentaries thread about 'Metal: A Headbangers Journey'

It'd been a loooong time since I'd seen that, so I decided to watch it again... absolutely fell in love with the song that was playing when he was at Wacken.

So, I picked up 'Hate Crew Deathroll' today... This song fucking blows my mind:

rock3

I'd like to thank whoever posted in the documentaries thread about 'Metal: A Headbangers Journey'

It'd been a loooong time since I'd seen that, so I decided to watch it again... absolutely fell in love with the song that was playing when he was at Wacken.

rock3

That song has a killer solo. I think COB's best work is Follow The Reaper. Check it out

rock3

That song has a killer solo. I think COB's best work is Follow The Reaper. Check it out

I'll have a look around when I'm in town tomorrow - I picked up a box of about 50 metal cd's today (for $30, and I'm selling a couple of them, so really it was only $20!)

The main reason I picked up the box was because it had 2 COB cd's (HCD & Are You Dead Yet?)... Got some Lamb of God, tons of My Dying Bride and Arch Enemy too... Gave my girlfriend the Tool cd's, and some My Dying Bride, Lamb Of God, Dream Theater... It's been an awesome day, aha

rock3

I'll have a look around when I'm in town tomorrow - I picked up a box of about 50 metal cd's today (for $30, and I'm selling a couple of them, so really it was only $20!)

The main reason I picked up the box was because it had 2 COB cd's (HCD & Are You Dead Yet?)... Got some Lamb of God, tons of My Dying Bride and Arch Enemy too... Gave my girlfriend the Tool cd's, and some My Dying Bride, Lamb Of God, Dream Theater... It's been an awesome day, aha

Which Lamb of God? Sacrament was really their only miss. I like Ashes of the Wake the best personally

rock3

Which Lamb of God? Sacrament was really their only miss. I like Ashes of the Wake the best personally

There was a few Lamb Of God, and my girlfriend likes them more than I do, so I gave most of them to her, but I kept Ashes of the Wake :)

• 2 weeks later...

So Ive been really into Periphery, Animals as Leaders and the "djent" scene. Stupid name but wow can these guys play. AAL are instrumental and Periphery have a really good vocalist who sings more than he screams.

The guitarists in both bands have similar tones but the Periphery guy (Misha Mansoor) is more riff heavy while the AAL guy (tosin abasi) has more shred. makes sense. I feel like these two guys could represent a new direction in metal. Check em out and let me know if anyone else is into these guys. I know AAL has been discussed before

Edited by bt88

I like both bands, but Periphery's album is hit or miss for me. I don't hear a lot of stand out songs on it, even though it's a pretty solid album. I actually relistened to AAL for the first time in a while last night, I liked the album more than I did the first time.