The Official Metal Thread

LightningBolt

• 3 months later...

CRADLE OF FILTH are releasing their Total Fucking Darkness demo (1992) on vinyl! :D

--------------------------------

Yesterday we mastered the Total Fucking Darkness demo at Turan Studio in Oxford. Together with extra material (some studio, some rehearsal recordings) it runs to about an hour in length, and will be due for release in early 2014. Format will be a double 12" in a gatefold sleeve with a limited coloured vinyl version and booklet, with many previously unseen photos from 1992. More details when the cover art is finalized and we have an idea of the release date.

Fra. Nihil, Paul R., Dani Filth [Turan Studio, Oxford 11/12/13]

http://theorderofthedragon.com/forum/topics/tfd-vinyl-release

• 3 months later...

As you may already know,Arch Enemy's Angela Gossow announced retirement as frontwoman of the band and also announced her replacement

too quickly,Alissa white gluz from the Agonist.This decision seems to be sudden cause there was no sign...but probably was taken months ago.

Goodybe,replacement,new single/video clip next day,something don't fit well here.

Edited by Majestic Beast

• 7 months later...

No metal news so far? Really?

Paradise Lost

Our approach on this album is quite different and embraces the band’s VERY early days, with the last few years. We have written a very dark, yet melodic album – but this time many songs definitely have a death metal edge, which is something we haven’t done for a long, long time in Paradise Lost…

The album is set to be released in late April 2015.

Edited by Majestic Beast

• 2 months later...

some more nick menza back in megadeth rumors

10444380_10152568515382611_6448970949418

blind guardian introduce their new bassis barend courbois

blindguardiannewbassist2015_638.jpg

barren earth debut's their debut track "on lonely towers" from their new album by the same name. it also introduces their new lead vocalist jon aldara who replaces former lead singer mikko kotamaki who had scheduling conflicts with his main project swallow the sun and left the group. if youre a fan of melodic death metal with some doom influence give barren earth a shot.

amon amarth are working on new material

geezer butler of black sabbath was arrested after a bar fight yesterday

napalm death lead vocalist barney greenway wrote a letter to indonesian president and napalm death fan joko widodo(coolest name ever) to grant clemency to two drug smugglers who are facing the death penalty for smuggling heroin into the country. unfortunately it seems the request was denied.

meet-jokowi-indonesias-probable-next-pre

Edited by bran

No metal news so far? Really?

Paradise Lost

Our approach on this album is quite different and embraces the band’s VERY early days, with the last few years. We have written a very dark, yet melodic album – but this time many songs definitely have a death metal edge, which is something we haven’t done for a long, long time in Paradise Lost…

The album is set to be released in late April 2015.

i hope it has a gothic like vibe to it, that is my absolutely favorite paradise lost album. it seems like nick holmes doing grand morbid funeral with bloodbath might have gotten him back in the mood to go back to some of the bands death metal roots.

Anyone heard the new Periphery double album yet? Its basically Meshuggah-ish djenty stuff with catchy choruses. But the guitar melodies are far less menacing than Meshuggah, more earworm. I'm a big fan, but they seem to get some hate amongst the old metal guard. That happens all the time though.

Personally I feel theyre one band pushing metal into new directions.

Anyone heard the new Periphery double album yet? Its basically Meshuggah-ish djenty stuff with catchy choruses. But the guitar melodies are far less menacing than Meshuggah, more earworm. I'm a big fan, but they seem to get some hate amongst the old metal guard. That happens all the time though.

Personally I feel theyre one band pushing metal into new directions.

they are one of the bands i want to check it out since i hear good things about them but just never got around to listening to an album of theirs yet. im not a huge fan of djent but im still interested in giving this band a shot.

appears pentagram will finish their new album soon.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/pentagram-is-finishing-up-a-new-record

the band formed back in 1973 if your into early sabbath you should definitely give them a look.

Eh, not a Sabbath guy so......

Though I know you know lots of NWOBHM, know Jaguar? (Axe Crazy, a few other songs) I just discovered they came out with a new album a few years ago:

:headbang:

• Like 1

appears pentagram will finish their new album soon.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/pentagram-is-finishing-up-a-new-record

the band formed back in 1973 if your into early sabbath you should definitely give them a look.

Eh, not a Sabbath guy so......

Though I know you know lots of NWOBHM, know Jaguar? (Axe Crazy, a few other songs) I just discovered they came out with a new album a few years ago:

:headbang:

never heard of them but i like that song you posted, definitely will check them out.

former mercyful fate members hank shermann,michael denner,snowy shaw reunite for the debut denner/shermann album. the only big question is who the singer will be. i would like to see maybe king diamond do a song on it.

moonspell new single extinct was released for steaming

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/moonspell-extinct-title-track-available-for-streaming/

the sword will begin recording new album in march.

former mercyful fate members hank shermann,michael denner,snowy shaw reunite for the debut denner/shermann album. the only big question is who the singer will be. i would like to see maybe king diamond do a song on it.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/moonspell-extinct-title-track-available-for-streaming/

Saw The Sword with Clutch and Crobot on the most recent tour. JD's vocals are a little uninspiring live, but holy hell the band is tight. When they get locked into grooves, the whole room shakes. Like the end breakdown in Freya or basically all of Unearthing The Orb. Overall great show.

PS Bran, quality sig. the new Bling Guardian shreds.

Saw The Sword with Clutch and Crobot on the most recent tour. JD's vocals are a little uninspiring live, but holy hell the band is tight. When they get locked into grooves, the whole room shakes. Like the end breakdown in Freya or basically all of Unearthing The Orb. Overall great show.

PS Bran, quality sig. the new Bling Guardian shreds.

yeah i absolutely love the new blind guardian album, i do wish the production was a bit better but to me their best since nightfall in middle earth. after hearing the real orchestra on the album i really want to hear the orchestral album they have been working on for the last decade or so.

^^^^ yeah triptykon is just awesome, tom's guitar tone is something i just absolutely love.

as for some news:

ensiferum released a new single "heathen horde" from their upcoming album "one man army" to me the two songs released sound like they would fit right on "from afar"

moonspell also released a new single,"extinct" from their upcoming album of the same name.

this also leads to another announcement, somewhere online in a review of the track mislabeled moonspell as moonsorrow which led to moonsorrow making a facebook post on the manner and announce they are working on their 7th album due out late 2015.

power metal band serenity parted ways with their guitar player and main songwriter thomas buchberger as well as their female vocalist clementine delauney

down released a new video for the song "conjure"

pentagram will be releasing a double dvd on february 23rd

• Like 1