TWAT should be the last song in concert!

springclean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkKmXpcwYOk

It's not so close to the album version as the current performance, but it's more....alive? Love the drumming and the swagger-ish feel to it, hard to explain, sounds like Rolling Stones Mick Taylor era on steroids. They are jamming the hell out of that song in the 2nd half and Robin Finck kicks some serious ass here. I even like Ron's take on the solo here.

I'd love to hear TWAT played like this at the end of a show how about you?

I prefer the 2009 & 2010 live version of TWAT. 2006 was great but somehow a bit lacking. I agree it would be nice to see it end the shows sometimes but I must say Nightrain and Paradise City really do it for me as a show closer, it's so full of energy and happiness haha.

I just want variation, I don't really care what opens or closes the show as long as I can see the band perform :thumbsup:

The concerts run far too long to close with a song that's not something like PC (one that everyone knows and pumps people up).

I think for the die-hards it would be cool, don't get me wrong - but I picture a lot of casual fans leaving if they played a song like that to close.

Paradise City should be the last. Welcome To The Jungle should be the first.

ChiDem should be first THEN jungle.

PC last of course

This. The Chinese Democracy-WTTJ one-two punch was absolutely perfect, wouldn't have it any other way.

Prostitute would be a great closer too. With the synth outro of course.

Prostitute would be a great penultimate song (with the outro of course). Then, when everybody thinks it's all over... Paradise City.

Prostitute would be a great closer too. With the synth outro of course.

Prostitute would be a great penultimate song (with the outro of course). Then, when everybody thinks it's all over... Paradise City.

TWAT is my favorite song on CD, but we all know axls struggles with this song live, i can imagine him trying to push that out after 2 hours plus of singing. Also, he strugles int he first part of the song only because as it is recorded, there are no pauses or breaks, its one loooong verse, he simply cant do it, i doublt anyone could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkKmXpcwYOk

It's not so close to the album version as the current performance, but it's more....alive? Love the drumming and the swagger-ish feel to it, hard to explain, sounds like Rolling Stones Mick Taylor era on steroids. They are jamming the hell out of that song in the 2nd half and Robin Finck kicks some serious ass here. I even like Ron's take on the solo here.

I will agree with ya that they KILLED this song though, just awesome.

I'd LOVE to hear it in the set, but for a last song it would be kind of a downer. Ya know, it would leave me feeling kind of sad, and that's not how you wanna feel at the end of a concert!

Something non-CD would probably be better for the end of the concert, it would be better to leave everyone pumped.

I think for the die-hards it would be cool, don't get me wrong - but I picture a lot of casual fans leaving if they played a song like that to close.

Ahh...good point. However, they won't know it's the closer until it is too late right? As long as there's no introduction, "And here's our last song tonight!"

TWAT is great but PC is the closer. PC is a better song, and i'm sorry but u can't end the concert on a ballad.

Its like some say November Rain is better than PC but c'mon u can't have NR end out a adrenaline filled rock concert.

not sayin those songs don't have adrenaline.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions