Rumored Album Release Dates

John Bonham

Axl and the label really have to do some heavy promoting for a second album to be a success. CD was a joke to most people who aren't on these forums. If Axl wants to release a more successful album then he's gotta realize that he has to put some work in. Interviews with actual media outlets, performing on late night shows, and showing people that he isn't a has-been.

This. In the UK there's a TV show called Later with Jools Holland where bands perform a couple of new songs. Its hugely popular and would really boost the latest lineup's profile.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ONLY reason I can believe this is Axl can't possibly think he's gonna tour Chinese Democracy again in the US. Yes the tour was a big success overseas but here people want hits and/or Slash. Still I'm waiting for a better source than some dude who just registered on these boards. Don't think for a second there aren't people bored enough to sign up on these boards to fuck with us for the sake of seeing GNR fans get hot and bothered.

Agreed. You'd have to think that a **successful** tour of the states would require something other than Chinese Democracy, which will be close to two years out by the time the tour starts, promoting it. The good thing is that CD is still new enough where putting out another album would definitely put GNR over the edge promotion-wise and make for a very successful U.S. tour.

So again, if the bands touring the U.S. in the late summer as Frank eluded, they should have the next album out by then to ride on.

so do we actually have proof that some insider actually knows about the second album

Nope, just rumors and speculation. Some people are choosing to treat it like it's the gospel. Whatever. I just hope people don't have the audacity to start bitching if there's no new album this summer. Guaranteed, some will though.

The album will probably be coming out 'soon'.

But seriously i cant see it out so soon, there hasnt been time for it and the source isnt that reliable.

Saying that they did say they were going to SA soon and i cant see them touring twice in one leg for one album. Also there is a large gap between reading and the rest of the dates.

If it happens it would be amazing though rock3

so do we actually have proof that some insider actually knows about the second album

Nope, just rumors and speculation. Some people are choosing to treat it like it's the gospel. Whatever. I just hope people don't have the audacity to start bitching if there's no new album this summer. Guaranteed, some will though.

A person on the internet claiming that he heard 'such and such' isn't a very strong or reliable source. However, a person hearing it come out of the mouth of an industry sales analyst (who would know) isn't a half-bad source to have.

A person on the internet claiming that he heard 'such and such' isn't a very strong or reliable source. However, a person hearing it come out of the mouth of an industry sales analyst (who would know) isn't a half-bad source to have.

If you hear anything else, be sure to let us know.

Ya see, I've been here for nearly 8 years now & I can't even begin to count the number of times someone has come on here and claimed to have talked to"someone in the industry" about GnR releases. It happened SO MANY times before Chinese Democracy came out that it's not even funny. The fact that you've only been here for 3 days doesn't give you all that much credibility either, no offense, that's just the way it is. Point is, anyone can claim to have talked to "someone in the know", it doesn't make it true.

You said that this "source" just happened to mention a new GnR album in with a bunch of other new summer releases, not even knowing you're a Guns fan. So, please, how did the conversation about Axl turning over 30 songs in April '08 come about?

Ya see, I've been here for nearly 8 years now & I can't even begin to count the number of times someone has come on here and claimed to have talked to"someone in the industry" about GnR releases. It happened SO MANY times before Chinese Democracy came out that it's not even funny. The fact that you've only been here for 3 days doesn't give you all that much credibility either, no offense, that's just the way it is. Point is, anyone can claim to have talked to "someone in the know", it doesn't make it true.

I completely agree with you. I heard this come out of the guy's mouth and I don't even 100% believe that it's accurate.

You said that this "source" just happened to mention a new GnR album in with a bunch of other new summer releases, not even knowing you're a Guns fan. So, please, how did the conversation about Axl turning over 30 songs in April '08 come about?

I was in Los Angeles for 17 days, 16 nights on business. I have a friend who I graduated college with that works in publishing in LA . So naturally, I visited for a few days while I was there. One night he invited me out for drinks with him and a friend of his. The friend is a sales analyst for a major industry organization (not disclosing the name). While having drinks, he was describing to me what he does exactly. Somehow the conversation turned to him telling me about some of the upcoming summer releases. He mentioned multiple artists (GNR somewhere in the middle). I said something like, "whoa. GNR have another album coming out?" He said, "Yes, early summer". I'm not exactly sure what I said at this point, but I think it was something along the lines of being surprised considering Chinese Democracy was just released not that long ago, and because of the fact that it bombed so bad here in the US. Anyway, from there I believe he kind of elaborated on Axl turning over 30 (or so) tracks in April 2008.

Edited by Kush

That means nothing, that's not a source. I can say I heard it from British Prime minster, doesn't make it so. Remember, this place is a bullshit factory.

That means nothing, that's not a source. I can say I heard it from British Prime minster, doesn't make it so. Remember, this place is a bullshit factory.

Actually, a sales analyst (for the company that he works for) is a pretty decent source. What's not a very good source is a guy claiming that this was said over the internet.

What are the chances this insider guy is actually a poster on this forum and is just going on the speculation that we have created ourselves?

I'd say pretty slim to none. When I showed some interest at his mention of GNR, he commented, "I haven't been a GNR fan in years". So, something tells me that he's not logging in to mygnr.com very often.

Edited by Kush

I completely agree with you. I heard this come out of the guy's mouth and I don't even 100% believe that it's accurate.

I was in Los Angeles for 17 days, 16 nights on business. I have a friend who I graduated college with that works in publishing in LA . So naturally, I visited for a few days while I was there. One night he invited me out for drinks with him and a friend of his. The friend is a sales analyst for a major industry organization (not disclosing the name). While having drinks, he was describing to me what he does exactly. Somehow the conversation turned to him telling me about some of the upcoming summer releases. He mentioned multiple artists (GNR somewhere in the middle). I said something like, "whoa. GNR have another album coming out?" He said, "Yes, early summer". I'm not exactly sure what I said at this point, but I think it was something along the lines of being surprised considering Chinese Democracy was just released not that long ago, and because of the fact that it bombed so bad here in the US. Anyway, from there I believe he kind of elaborated on Axl turning over 30 (or so) tracks in April 2008.

thats interesting to say the least, personally i think your friend might have been pulling your leg but who knows. I feel like at this point axl may have wanted dj to add some parts to the next album and if they already handed over the 30 songs to the record company back in april 08 then dj aint gonna be on any of these songs, hopefully it at least has more richard work on it haha

Well, if all this "insider" speculation is indeed true, which I doubt, the album would have to be right around the corner as it's almost "early summer"... Yay? Where's the buzz? :question:

I can't see any huge promotion for this album either, no interviews and such, 'cause what would Axl say when asked why he chooses to promote the new album but kind of ignored his magum opus? That wouldn't really make sense at all...

I don't know, I guess I'll believe it when I see it. :shrugs:

I've been wondering lately about all the "Axl won't do promotion" thing. He did not promote Chinese Democracy, but later he explained that there were actually some plans and strategies, videos were written... I can't see Axl saying that if it wasn't true, we know he isn't the kind of guy who would apologize for something like that.

Looking at the recent Guns' history, there aren't many reasons to believe this time things can be different - the album being released properly. But it was the same when we didn't have Chinese Democracy, looking at the years before there weren't reasons to believe that Axl might put this out. And he did. So who knows.

Edited by Demesne

We know Bumblefoot plays on newer unheard tracks, and that was long ago. It makes sense for them to turn over 30-some tracks because we knew about 32 were completed. It would seem ridiculous to have DJ come in and start bumblefooting and franking the new songs up like what we got with CD, again...I love DJ but these guys need to start making some "new" music and stop just cutting out old solos, adding various bits to existing songs, etc. I was pleased with most additions the newer guns did to the Buckethead stuff, but now we have Robin's contributions to worry about.

Did this guy mention anything about GNR having a song in the Iron Man movie?

Nope. Just that it was a self titled, single disc release.

it's probably just another best of album or something like that :shrugs: