Does Anyone Here Like Glam Metal?

Izzy's Gurl

Do you listen to glam metal?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you ignore their first two albums, it's quite easy, I assure you.

Agreed. Although there are a few good songs on Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls and Dr. Feelgood. But with just very few exceptions those three album sucked. Not to mention the other albums they've released, whom don't have one single song which are over mediocre.

I disagree...I love pretty much all the Crue albums except for the album "Motley Crue" because Corabi sings and he pretty much ruins Crue. But Too Fast for Love, Girls Girls Girls, Theatre of Pain, Shout at the Devil, Dr. Feelgood, and Saints of Los Angeles are all really good. There are still a lot of Crue fans out there... :rolleyes:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it. I think it's just as shallow as the current "rock" scene, and I really don't care to hear about sex, drugs, and partying in every song. I can't relate to that lifestyle, and it's been rehashed and beaten to death already. Plus, I can't really take the musicians themselves too seriously when they are responsible for creating the hole in the ozone layer.

I used to be a Bon Jovi fan when I was younger. I still listen to their 90s work, and sometimes to stuff from he 80s. (Bad Medicine FTW! And I don't care what anyone says, Wanted Dead or Alie is a great song!)

Whitesnake's Greatest Hits :thumbsup: But that one sounds more like 70s arena rock, doesn't count. Hair spray alone doesn't make a music genre, does it?

I liked Def Leppard live, but then I heard their albums and they sucked.

Oh, and We're Not Gonna Take It will never stop being fun! rock3

Bon Jovi is actually how I got into rock music, actually. My dad got free floor tickets to see them at Madison Square Garden, and since my brother was at camp he took me instead. I didn't expect to like it, but I did and that introduced me to a lot of other music. I still think its kind of funny that I got into rock n' roll through Bon Jovi :lol:

I also got into Nirvana through....Rock Band :book:

Motley Crue's first two albums and Dr. Feelgood are good, but you know we ain't talking Abbey Road here, but they're suffice.

Skid Row's fair OK because Baz is such a damn good singer.

Everyone sings along to Slippery When Wet song as well I guess.

If your love of glam is more than this you should have your ears removed from the inside and given to a person more deserving of them however.

Too Fast For Love is better than Abbey Road.

Yep, I just went there.

Motley Crue's first two albums and Dr. Feelgood are good, but you know we ain't talking Abbey Road here, but they're suffice.

If your love of glam is more than this you should have your ears removed from the inside and given to a person more deserving of them however.

Yep, I just went there.

Elaborate.

Yep, I just went there.

Yep, I just went there.

User should be banned for ever saying this

I think that's a good description for Bon Jovi - "first rock concert" band. They put on a good show and leave you feeling good, if there's a "job description" for a rock band, that should be always be the intent. Getting away from your problems for a couple of hours. It's kind of replaced church as the community activity,and face it, have you been to a church lately? Video screens, rock music, lighting, sound system etc. Devil's music in the house of worship. Thanks to GNR, Bon Jovi, etc Christian rock music isn't all that bad, I'm sure that's a lot of "first exposure" to rock for a lot of people, some of them try to generalize it and not put the message in your face. Some of them do.

Bon Jovi is actually how I got into rock music, actually. My dad got free floor tickets to see them at Madison Square Garden, and since my brother was at camp he took me instead. I didn't expect to like it, but I did and that introduced me to a lot of other music. I still think its kind of funny that I got into rock n' roll through Bon Jovi :lol:

I also got into Nirvana through....Rock Band :book:

Yep, I just went there.

User should be banned for ever saying this

I could argue Please Please Me against Too Fast For Love, why not? They're both debut albums that were good. And Shout put them on the map, but they should do all of Too Fast For Love next year. I think they do those songs great live, and would be pretty cool to hear the whole thing live.

Guest Len B'stard

Yep, I just went there.

Elaborate.

Well basically, in the 80s when they started transfering all the old bands back catalogues onto CD record companies tended to want to invest more heavily in contemporary bands and their product and hence the contemporary CDs were produced with a thicker density plastic which makes for great door stops, paperweights and to place under the short leg of rickety tables and chairs, hence, Too Fast For Love is better than Abbey Road.

maybe? :unsure:

No i got it, the crossing at Abbey Road was close to a busy junction and the cause of several fatalities?

One of those has just GAWTA be the right aynsah bawss :xmasssanta:

I seriously can't wait to hear his reply. :lol:

Maybe he just likes it better.

I like Skid Row better than the freaking Velvet Underground. Sue me.

He said "Too Fast for Love is better than Abbey Road", not "I like Too Fast for Love better than Abbey Road".

Don't forget this classic.

:laugh:

It's so worthless that it's laughable.

That's an excellent example of one of the things that are enjoyable about hair/glam metal - hot women in their music videos.