Best Axl performance ever?

CAFC Nick

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone selecting a performance after '93 really does not know their GNR history. The '87 to '93 years will never be topped those that think so are dreaming. Axl is still a has been who does a smattering of shows here and there.

+1

• 1 year later...

Axl at his best:

This I Love: Prague, Puerto Rico, and San Sebastian...all of those are absolutely amazing. (I believe they were all 2010) and, I must say I'm biased as hell and saw Axl nail it live in Atlantic City 2012.

Nightrain: Rock Am Ring 2006.

Madagascar: Boston '02, and as mentioned earlier, what Axl does towards the end of the Budapest '06 Madagascar is other-worldly.

The Blues: Boston '02.

Sailing @ Wembley is un-fucking believable. God damn that song should be an official cover on their next album.

Free-Fallin' with Tom Petty's a great exhibition of vocals in my opinion too.

(whole shows) Chicago and Paris '92 are required viewing...the Freddie Mercury tribute as well.

so many more, but that's a good start.

- Rocket Queen '10

Rocket Queen is one of my favorite songs and he fucking nailed it here, his vocals were eerily good that night.

Damn, that's one of, if not the best performances by Axl in recent years.

One of (if not thee) best TILs as well that night in Puerto Rico.

There are a lot of great great performance from Axl, couldn't join only one. The bohemian rapsody n' We Will Rock You performances were awsome. A lot of from Use Your Illusion Tour n' 87-88 tour.

Now Axl are singin' fuckin' great, but now he has 50 n' logically can't jump n run like in the past, this is the reason why I join performances 88-93 years.

Love this one too:

Edited by axljungle

Some of my favourite non-Guns performances:

(Bohemian Rhapsody is already mentioned)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e63eoji1d0I

Maybe not the strongest vocal perfomance, but I love it! It's such a seductive song, Bruce is great but I'd love to hear a whole 'Axl-version' ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YqsLixfMvg&feature=related

Edited by RocketQueenGNR

I can't believe no one has mentioned 'Nice Boys' Hartford, 1993. It clearly shows that Axl is the best frontman ever. Sick fuckin' version of the song, and see how Axl controls the whole fuckin' building! Slash dancing @ 6:13 just kills me. :rofl-lol:

Thanks for posting never seen that one before. Slash's dance made me lol that was awesome. Nice quality footage too. Not bad for a early '90s camcorder.

- Rocket Queen '10

Rocket Queen is one of my favorite songs and he fucking nailed it here, his vocals were eerily good that night.

Damn, that's one of, if not the best performances by Axl in recent years.

One of (if not thee) best TILs as well that night in Puerto Rico.

I totally agree. TIL was flawless that show. Dont Cry and Rocket Queen were brilliant.

This Rocket Queen video is a lot of fun to watch because Axl is so in the zone, he just seems to be dancing to himself oblivious to the audience. His movements are so fluid and natural, he becomes one with the music in the way only he can.

Some of my favourite non-Guns performances:

(Bohemian Rhapsody is already mentioned)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e63eoji1d0I

Maybe not the strongest vocal perfomance, but I love it! It's such a seductive song, Bruce is great but I'd love to hear a whole 'Axl-version' ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YqsLixfMvg&feature=related

It's interesting to see different peoples perspectives of certain songs. I've always thought that performance with Bruce Springsteen was his worst ever, but if you like it, that's all that matters.

Uff it´s so difficult to choose! There are soooooo many but there are two that are special to me. One is the F.Mercury Tribute when he played Bohemian rapsody with Elton John and the other is the famous performance of November Rain with Elton John in the MTV in 1992.

Also, in the 2006 tour I loved his performances of Rod Steward´s "Sailing" :heart:

And from the CD tour from USA this year I loved Estranged but I can´t find the exact performance I like.