Best Axl performance ever?

CAFC Nick

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but...

Basically, having this argument with a friend. I'm trying to persuade her that Axl is, in my opinion, the greatest front man ever. Wondering if anyone could point me to what they think is Axl's best performance ever? Youtube links would be fantastic.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but...

Basically, having this argument with a friend. I'm trying to persuade her that Axl is, in my opinion, the greatest front man ever. Wondering if anyone could point me to what they think is Axl's best performance ever? Youtube links would be fantastic.

one of the finer moments that really stand out not by just axl, but the entire band is KOHD from the Mercury tribute, and Nightrain from Lisbon 06,,,,,

How about a Perfect Crime performance from pretty well any show 1991? Axl was always intense. His voice was angered his performance showed that he was one of the best frontmen around.

Other than that, I'd say Jungle at the 2002 VMAs. Seriously! No, Jungle at the '88 VMAs. Probably my favorite performance of that song.

Jungle at the '88 VMA's.

TWAT at Hammerstein

He had some classic performances of "The Blues" in 2002

Wasn't a big fan of the song, but you can't match the energy and vocals from when they did "It Tastes Good, Don't It"

Also think "Patience" was the standout of CBGBs

This version of Jungle from the VMA's in 88 is awesome. This was back when it was just the 5 of them and they had that real raw aggressive sound. The band looked awesome, sounded awesome, and Axl had so much power in his voice back then where it was so effortless for him.

Edited by Naupis

- This whole show is fantastic, choose any song you'd like from it

The Vocal Diversity of Axl Rose, read description

November Rain VMAs

...ever?

Some good performances there, but if I were trying to convince someone of Axl's peak talents, I wouldn't use those. I always thought the VMAs performance of "November Rain" was a bit underwhelming, all things considered - Axl's voice was fine but Slash was a bit off that night, Elton John didn't really do much and it didn't seem nearly as powerful as some of the other live cuts. That's just me.

I'd probably use a video from the Ritz - even though his voice was a bit hoarse that night, it captured them at their best, and the fact that it's pro-shot makes it a bit more accessible to the average person (especially if you're showing it to someone unfamiliar with the group who won't exactly want to be watching bootlegs).