I just had a revelation

bacardimayne

Wait, now Ron is saying that it was Axl's fault that he the concert was late? I thought it was a technical problem, huh?

Anyway, he said everything is fine now, and I hope it's true. Don't wanna miss Ron, and concerts should really start on time. And I know Better, GUNS N' ROSES WAS 3 HOURS LATE in São Paulo, 3 hours on my feet after 3 opneing acts with 40,000 people behind me trying to take my place. Holy shit... Gotta say though, I forgot everything and all the pains when the concert started. But it could have been WAY better.

He did not blame Axl at all. But how the situation was handled. He did not place blame on any individual. Just expressed his concern to his fans, like a great guy in his position should do

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he didn't say that it was entirely Axl's fault. He said that if the late start was equipment related, something should have been done.

Equipment related was GnR related anyway so...

The "fashionably late" comment though... :rofl-lol:

But yeah, on facebook :

Bumblefoot All is fine, hang tight, don't get tangled up in the drama & rumors, k? :)

I suppose it means that the tour will go on.

Wait, now Ron is saying that it was Axl's fault that he the concert was late? I thought it was a technical problem, huh?

Anyway, he said everything is fine now, and I hope it's true. Don't wanna miss Ron, and concerts should really start on time. And I know Better, GUNS N' ROSES WAS 3 HOURS LATE in São Paulo, 3 hours on my feet after 3 opneing acts with 40,000 people behind me trying to take my place. Holy shit... Gotta say though, I forgot everything and all the pains when the concert started. But it could have been WAY better.

He did not blame Axl at all. But how the situation was handled. He did not place blame on any individual. Just expressed his concern to his fans, like a great guy in his position should do

I'm curious about the context of his response. Did you ask him about the delay in start time? Did you ask him if that was technical issues or if it was Axl's or the band's fault? Or, did he just write his response on what happened with no prompting?

Ali

And more info from Ron on his facebook......He basicly says stop reading too much into things.

"Bumblefoot OK, now someone's stirring up shit by spreading a personal email I wrote. I'll sum it up: don't leave a crowd waiting in the cold for 2 hours with no info, tell them something, give them something."

Bumblefoot Shit happens, 'late' happens, I've been late before, not pointing

fingers, this is about taking care of the *audience*. When an audience

is at a point of hate, trying to hurt us, the crew, the gear, something

isn't right. I'm hoping next time, I/we/someone will let the crowd know

wussup and to hang tight.

With all the bullshit that's been happening in the New GNR world lately, I've come to a startling realization. I simply do not fucking care about this band anymore. Nothing interesting has happened on the tour since early South America. Every setlist is exactly the same, and the performances of the songs that do have the privilege of being ON the setlist are vastly inferior to the Asia/Canada show bootlegs. I'll pay a bit of attention to the Reading/Leeds festivals, but honestly they're both just going to be the same old 16 song setlists with absolutely nothing interesting or different happening all show. After these two festivals, I don't see myself even checking the videos for anything until they play a proshot concert.

Top that off with the overall current state of the band. Everything about it is just a lackluster effort. According to what I've heard about the Sturgis show, Axl sounded terrible, Bumblefoot left the stage for 5 songs in a row and Frank messed up constantly. At this rate, Bumblefoot is definitely going to be gone by the end of 2010. Who can they replace him with? I honestly think they're just going to roll with Ashba and Fortus when this happens, and that will be a truly pathetic sight, completely unworthy of my attention.

The icing on the icing of the cake is this whole Twitter bullshit that happened today. After looking it over it's pretty fucking clear that Axl just had a moment where he just decided he didn't feel like touring anymore, and canceled the entire thing. The other members and the camp couldn't believe what they saw, so they tried to cover it up with their tweets. I'm pretty confident that the rest of the tour will still happen, but they're just going to be mailing it in.

Now with all of this said, no, I still do not want a reunion. It would definitely be better than the bullshit going on now, but it would also cancel out any slight hope we have of ever getting our hands on the unreleased Bucket stuff. I want to hear that, so until I do, I don't want a reunion.

Hopefully they pull it together and come back strong.

And it's pointless to discuss anything reunion related until there's an announcement that there will be a GNR reunion. Doesn't matter what we want or would like it to be. Either we go pay to see it, take our chances and hope they don't cancel, or stay home and listen to the music.

I was having a conversation with a friend on facebook just now:

Jon

I think bumble misses being boy wonder

in 06/07 him and axl seemed tught

*tight

now its axl and ashba

Me

yeah

he's now like the older child who doesnt get as much attention when there's a newborn

like on the rugrats when Dill was born and Tommy wasn't getting any attention.

Dill is Ashba and Tommy is Bumblefoot

Jon

you did not just compare them to rugrats

Me

i did

Not much point in deleting it now but mattoxj, that was a private email between you and BBF and you absolutely should not have posted it. He gave you a completely candid answer and you should have kept it to yourself.\

And bacardimayne, I get that you're a new fan and all - but if you'd been kicking around these forums for as long as some of us, you'd realise that this is actually a pretty awesome time to be a GN'R fan when you compare it to what we had in previous years... absolutely nothing, no sightings, no photos, no music, no concerts - just nothing at all. Not even snippets of rumours about Axl. When you think about that you kind of realise that right now the band is more active than it's ever been in this incarnation which is a great thing.

this is actually a pretty awesome time to be a GN'R fan when you compare it to what we had in previous years... absolutely nothing, no sightings, no photos, no music, no concerts - just nothing at all. Not even snippets of rumours about Axl. When you think about that you kind of realise that right now the band is more active than it's ever been in this incarnation which is a great thing.

Exactly. It could be much worse; we could have no word whatsoever on the band or no band at all.

Meh I care about them, but you cant deny that this is a really down moment in GNRs history. Very gloomy atmosphere, hard to describe.

I agree.

Despite the recent twitter thing and BBF leaving the stage for a few songs December 2009 (the beginning of this tour and the show in Tokyo the longest GNR concert ever) and through 2010 (Canada, SA, Europe, NYC rose bar gigs, the confirmation of more dates in Europe and Australia) this has been a great time to be a GNR fan. (unless your some sour ass anti new GNR person or whatever, if so i just laugh at u.) Each show up until Sturgis (with BBF leaving the stage, the show got a great review by SPIN mag FYI and was a great show all in all) has gone off without a hitch, and that should be noted!

When GNR go back out and tour Europe again and then go do that show at that racing event in Australia, then everyone wont care about this recent "gloomy atmosphere" as u describe it of the last few days. And if u still care about it then ur just some sour ass anti new GNR guy that likes to bring up the problems of GNR years after the fact. :rofl-lol:

And bacardimayne, I get that you're a new fan and all - but if you'd been kicking around these forums for as long as some of us, you'd realise that this is actually a pretty awesome time to be a GN'R fan when you compare it to what we had in previous years... absolutely nothing, no sightings, no photos, no music, no concerts - just nothing at all. Not even snippets of rumours about Axl. When you think about that you kind of realise that right now the band is more active than it's ever been in this incarnation which is a great thing.

And now I feel bad about agreeing with the OP. :(

I kinda agree with.

I don't think some here realize or know about the silence that took place after the end the tour for the illusion albums. .

We got nothing......Axl's appearance at the NBA Finals was like the greatest thing for GNR fans.

But at the same time - it seems as if axl is the like the only celebrity in the world that hasn't embraced the internet.

fuck even celebs who complain about the net/paparazzi....still have fansites, twitters etc. They just hire people to run them.

Without the fans, these people are nothing.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Well Dill ruined that show so I hope it's not congruent with the band's situation. :-P

All a matter of opinion, but Dill did not ruin the show. -_-

Yes he did.

This thread is now about Rugrats.

Reptar.jpg

Vastly more interesting than this band's shenanigans nowadays.

Not much point in deleting it now but mattoxj, that was a private email between you and BBF and you absolutely should not have posted it. He gave you a completely candid answer and you should have kept it to yourself.\

Oh god, I remember 03. Back when CD.com was something and any little article about GnR was a godsent.

That's not the reason I'm tired of this band. I just don't see the future of this one being worth caring about. The 2002 band had HUGE potential. The 2006 and early 2010 ones knew what they were doing, but right now it looks like BBF is out the door very soon. I'd rather have an inactive period knowing that the band still has a decent guitarist than watch them do a half-assed tour with a pissed off guitarist who'll be leaving by the time the year ends.

but right now it looks like BBF is out the door very soon. I'd rather have an inactive period knowing that the band still has a decent guitarist than watch them do a half-assed tour with a pissed off guitarist who'll be leaving by the time the year ends.

And then you don't know what you're talking about. Maybe he's pissed off (and probably rightfully so), but I think you'll find he cares more about the band, his work in it and the fans (probably the fans above all) than to walk out on it anytime soon. It's threads like this that he'll read (and believe me, he does read these places) and want to quit even more. Once the fans give up, he'll be gone.