I just had a revelation

bacardimayne

If your dont care about the band then dont come here every single day and over analyze every single little thing, like worrying about setlist from Korea or Osaka or Bumfuck Egypt. Guns N Roses have been pissing people off since back in the day and thats the way it is. Rock on GNR.

I'm just posting my thoughts on the current situation. If you've read my posts you'd know that usually I'm pretty defending of Axl and the band. Am I not allowed to vent and blow some steam? :rolleyes: Would you honestly enjoy a version of GNR with a guitar tandem of Ashba/Fortus?

For sure you can vent. Ive seen your post and know you are 4 real. Theres just been a lot of trash talkin recently so I wanted to vent too. Im not worried about Ashba/Fortus right now cause far I know Bumble is still in. I'll cross the Ashba/Forus bridge when I get to it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder though. What can Ron possibly be unhappy about? He should know Axl goes on stage late, so what else can it be? Unless he is not getting his paychecks on a timely basis?

For being a shitty cupcake, that's a good question....We know he wasnt like this in 06-07, in fact, far from it.

When I first read Axl's tweet, I honestly cracked a big smile. I knew there would be some crazy drama. The fact that GNR might go back into the woods again for awhile was somehow intriguing.....

It's hard to explain, but crazy shit like this that keeps me interested. Rock on, Axl. Do your thing, I'm with ya.

CDLOVE - Awwwww, poor baby's favorite guitarist doesn't look happy and you are taking it out on me? Get bent you big baby. You are a weirdo.

Lol I'm not taking it out on you! I could care less about anything going on now because it has no personal effect on me. As for being a weirdo, yea a little bit, but not as weird as spending a good chunk of time trolling a forum about a singer for a band that split up 15 years ago.

Bumble sad. I loved his look in 06/07 with the crazy suits and hats, strumming on his 'flying bee' guitar. He's a gift to this band and if he'll leave, I will go on a puppies killing spree. Don't do it Bumble!

Anyway, all of this will blow over. This is nothing major, when you consider what happened in the Gn'R world until now.

Nothing interesting has happened on the tour since early South America. Every setlist is exactly the same, and the performances of the songs that do have the privilege of being ON the setlist are vastly inferior to the Asia/Canada show bootlegs.

You're dead on. Axl has most definitely been mailing it in performance wise. Playing only 16 songs a night, and leaving a song like Better off (probably one of the new band's best) is just proof positive he could care less. He's happy at this point to do the bare minimum and collect his paycheck, which he certainly has a right to do so. It is just too bad he is dragging guys like Ron down with him.

Ron Works for Axl, Axl Hired Him, Axl Pays Him, Ron Should Not Have One Word Said, The Guy Can Be Replaced, If Slash Could Be Replaced, Hell, Everybody Can, Bumble's Sad? So Fucking What? If He Decides To Leave Then He Will Be Replaced OR Axl Decides To Retire, All These Guys Were Made By Axl, Axl Made Them Who They Are Today, Nuff Said.

Ron Works for Axl, Axl Hired Him, Axl Pays Him, Ron Should Not Have One Word Said, The Guy Can Be Replaced, If Slash Could Be Replaced, Hell, Everybody Can, Bumble's Sad? So Fucking What? If He Decides To Leave Then He Will Be Replaced OR Axl Decides To Retire, All These Guys Were Made By Axl, Axl Made Them Who They Are Today, Nuff Said.

Yeah, well, I'm sure you would gladly take another departure, months of inactivity, a lesser guitarist, GnR 4.0 etc...

Plus, finding someone who can play both Bucket's and Bumble's parts note for note AND fretless guitar : good luck with that.

Yeah, well, I'm sure you would gladly take another departure, months of inactivity, a lesser guitarist, GnR 4.0 etc...

Plus, finding someone who can play both Bucket's and Bumble's parts note for note AND fretless guitar : good luck with that.

Well there is Guthrie Govan....

Oh shit im starting the "who will be the next guitarist" shit before anyone left.......stop it Cdlove stop it........this isnt 2004.

Edited by Cdlove

Calm down. Every guitar player that respects himself will want basic conditions to be available to him so he can be the best musician he can be in the band he's in.

It wasn't good enough for Bucket and it wasn't good enough for Robin. If Ron will leave Guns, and another guitarist will replace him, fans will grow to love him and then he will leave too from the same reasons, that wil be a big problem for Axl as it will become difficult to call this band a band.

I don't think Bumble is getting the respect he deserves. If you think he's departure, if it was to happen, won't hurt the band, you're naive.

The potential for future material written by Bumble for Guns is one of the biggest advantages Axl's left with imo.

If a bit of fuckin' turbulence turns you whiners into a fuckpile of multiple negative naysayers, then go follow another band, This is GNR,it's always been controversial, unpredictable and a bit fucked up, and not likely to change,but the gigs put other band's dicks in the dirt, if you have these "revelations" then fucking go away and stop bitching about it, because I actually go to the gigs and I'm tired of hearing your downer bullshit.

My god. Fans of this band are the biggest drama whores on the internet... I'm sure if one of the band farted it'd be a sign that the impending doom of the band was on the way... the speculation's completely ridiculous at times.

My god. Fans of this band are the biggest drama whores on the internet... I'm sure if one of the band farted it'd be a sign that the impending doom of the band was on the way... the speculation's completely ridiculous at times.

"Axl Rose farts, rumors are that he may have followed through and as a result the tour is cancelled so he can buy some new undies."

Axl Rose is like a wealthy alcoholic. He's hit rock bottom numerous times, but due to his money and the sycophantic hangers-on who surround him, he's been allowed to get away with his general assholery.

Correct. Even though people shit on Metallica here, I use them as the benchmark as to how a band should act towards their fans. They reliably tour every year, have a great website, do meet and greets for their fanclub and always show a great appreciation for the millions of people who helped made them who they are. And NOBODY here has the right to talk shit about Load and Reload and all the sellout shit given what CD is all about. Load and Reload are GREAT albums.

With all the bullshit that's been happening in the New GNR world lately, I've come to a startling realization. I simply do not fucking care about this band anymore. Nothing interesting has happened on the tour since early South America. Every setlist is exactly the same, and the performances of the songs that do have the privilege of being ON the setlist are vastly inferior to the Asia/Canada show bootlegs. I'll pay a bit of attention to the Reading/Leeds festivals, but honestly they're both just going to be the same old 16 song setlists with absolutely nothing interesting or different happening all show. After these two festivals, I don't see myself even checking the videos for anything until they play a proshot concert.

Top that off with the overall current state of the band. Everything about it is just a lackluster effort. According to what I've heard about the Sturgis show, Axl sounded terrible, Bumblefoot left the stage for 5 songs in a row and Frank messed up constantly. At this rate, Bumblefoot is definitely going to be gone by the end of 2010. Who can they replace him with? I honestly think they're just going to roll with Ashba and Fortus when this happens, and that will be a truly pathetic sight, completely unworthy of my attention.

The icing on the icing of the cake is this whole Twitter bullshit that happened today. After looking it over it's pretty fucking clear that Axl just had a moment where he just decided he didn't feel like touring anymore, and canceled the entire thing. The other members and the camp couldn't believe what they saw, so they tried to cover it up with their tweets. I'm pretty confident that the rest of the tour will still happen, but they're just going to be mailing it in.

Now with all of this said, no, I still do not want a reunion. It would definitely be better than the bullshit going on now, but it would also cancel out any slight hope we have of ever getting our hands on the unreleased Bucket stuff. I want to hear that, so until I do, I don't want a reunion.

Then why did you start a topic?

Slash was physically replaced, but look at GNR since he's not been around - not exactly the model of a "band moving on successfully". Axl NEEDS Slash and although this is speculation, I can only hope and dream that this latest clusterfuck may be a sign that a reunion is imminent. Swallow your pride, stop being an asshole and get with the people that have allowed you to act like such an asshole for the last 10 years.

Axl Rose is like a wealthy alcoholic. He's hit rock bottom numerous times, but due to his money and the sycophantic hangers-on who surround him, he's been allowed to get away with his general assholery.

Correct. Even though people shit on Metallica here, I use them as the benchmark as to how a band should act towards their fans. They reliably tour every year, have a great website, do meet and greets for their fanclub and always show a great appreciation for the millions of people who helped made them who they are. And NOBODY here has the right to talk shit about Load and Reload and all the sellout shit given what CD is all about. Load and Reload are GREAT albums.

Metallica as a live band still works, but they forgot how to make a good album years ago. I'll take a problematic band like Gn'R anyday, with some fuckin' inspiration left in it, over a great live act that put out Death Magnetic which was, let's face it, a watered down ..And Justice For All with none of the originality, energy and memorable solos, and on top of that, has the worst mastering I've ever heard in my life. Unforgiven 3? what the fuck?

Load and Reload are GREAT albums.

No. Just no.

Why because you can't headbang or want to commit acts of violence while listening to it? RONNIE, ATTITUDE, FIXXXER - you can honestly say these aren't great songs? It was a very appropriate double release during a time where thrash metal and hard rock were taking a backseat to other types of music and Metallica chose to explore. It is a very diverse selection of music that highlights the fact that they're more than a thrash metal band from the 80's.

Load and Reload are GREAT albums.

No. Just no.

Better than St Anger and Death Magnetic

St. Anger was actually decent enough, i though, just horrible production was it's biggest let down, and the lack of solo'.

Death Magnetic is a great album

Load and Reload, i just don't like, bar half a dozen songs. Which, considering theres about 30 songs between them, ain't good.

I have nothing against a chance in style/music, but Load and Reload honestly suck for the most part.

IMO of course...