GnR playing Adelaide and Townsville w/KORN!!!!!

Criss Fresh

The Perth gig is at the Kwinana Motorplex - WTF?

I should say the Kwinana Mulletplex. That's like 40 or 50KM south of Perth and massive bogan country!

i.e. the perfect location for a gnr show!

On the plus side, I'll be the acoustics there will be far better than they were at Burswood.

I agree the Burswood Dome is a puss venue for concerts - atmosphere, accoustics everything. Yeah kwinana is right in the heartland of GN'R's demographic, although I would have preferred Subiaco oval since it's much closer to me and has much better facilites around it..

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm considering Perth

Is the motorplex easy to get to and back to Perth?

lol - No it's a pain the ass to get to - certainly for me. It's about 40 - 50km south of the city centre. If you lived south of the city you may think it's handy.

You should be able to get a train from the city down there but then you need to get from the train station to the venue which is about a further 5 or 6km. Presumably they will have buses from the train station to the Mulletplex.

IMHO I consider it in the middle of nowhere with toss all facilities around it either. At least places like Subiaco Oval (e.g. where ACDC concert was) is right on the train line and theres bars and pubs and restaurants all around it. There is nothing near or around the venue it's a semi industrial/rural area. Have a look at it on this satellite map:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&q=where+is+anketell+road+and+rockingham+road&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Rockingham+Rd+%26+Anketell+Rd

It's on the corner of Anketell and Rockingham road. If you look at the map you need to go right all the way along Anketell Road until you get to the Kwinana Freeway, that's where the nearest train line is. Hmm hopefully one of my mates doesn't want to drink and will drive there.

Guest gunns5

28th August, 2010

Herald Sun

Guns n Roses will bypass Melbourne on their December tour Down Under.

What is that ?

Slang for Australia, - we're the ass end of the world :)

No, thats New Zealand!

Apparently Melbourne has missed out of the tour due to some bullshit "exclusion zone clause" that has been written into their Clipsal V8 Supercars contract.

Hence why they are playing at Townsville and not Brisbane.

This reaffirms to me that money will always be put before the fans. Let's hope that i am wrong.

Welcome to the new G n' R era.

28th August, 2010

Herald Sun

Guns n Roses will bypass Melbourne on their December tour Down Under.

What is that ?

Something about the contract in relation to V8's and Sydney

GNR can't play a certain distance from Sydney (That's why all the gigs are outer places)

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

KoRn puts on a damn good show.

Especially when the singer starts crying in the middle of the song and walks away.

wait, which of the 2 bands are your criticizing?

What are you doing here?

There is a presale for the Perth concert on right now. It's not a Visa one it's for Kwinana Motorplex Members. I got an email about it only about 2 hours before the presale happened. I went drag racing down there once (they have something called Whoop Ass Wednesday where the public can go down and race their mates on the drag strip). As part of that I must have got on some mailing list or some shit.

The presale for Motorplex Members ends on Sunday then on Monday there is another presale for god knows who?? then the general sale for the public starts on Teusday.

It doesn't appear to have any extra charge - total cost $142 (inclusive of booking fee). Just finalised my order then.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/1300451896563279?did=friend

I have floor for Adelaide and VIP GA for Townsville

Sweet - you gonna make the trek to the West as well?

Buying a ticket tomorrow Perth is all GA so I'm figuring it wont sell out straight away

I guess the good thing about the VIP GA (In Townsville)is it might be undercover so a little shade and it has bars

Just hope the view of stage is good

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

There is a presale for the Perth concert on right now. It's not a Visa one it's for Kwinana Motorplex Members. I got an email about it only about 2 hours before the presale happened. I went drag racing down there once (they have something called Whoop Ass Wednesday where the public can go down and race their mates on the drag strip). As part of that I must have got on some mailing list or some shit.

The presale for Motorplex Members ends on Sunday then on Monday there is another presale for god knows who?? then the general sale for the public starts on Teusday.

It doesn't appear to have any extra charge - total cost $142 (inclusive of booking fee). Just finalised my order then.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/1300451896563279?did=friend

Maybe you could shed some light on where the band will play on the map