GnR playing Adelaide and Townsville w/KORN!!!!!

Criss Fresh

Adelaide and Townsville are confirmed and Korn is opening! Still thinking they have gotta play Melbourne...

http://www.ampresents.com/?module=events&action=showact&id=89

GUNS N' ROSES WITH SPECIAL GUESTS KORN

Andrew McManus Presents is proud to announce that global rock legends, Guns N’ Roses will perform in Australia for not only the V8 Supercar Championship for the Sydney Telstra 500, but now also stand alone shows in Townsville and Adelaide in December 2010. Tickets go on sale from noon Tuesday 7th September. Special guests will be explosive hard-rock band KoRn.

The enigmatic front man and legendary voice of Guns N’ Roses, Axl Rose will be joined by the current line up of Tommy Stinson on bass, Dizzy Reed on keys, Bumblefoot on guitar, Chris Pitman on keys + bass, DJ Ashba on guitar, Richard Fortus on rhythm guitar and Frank Ferrer on drums.

Promoter, Andrew McManus says, ‘this is a very exciting tour for us, I saw Guns N’ Roses perform in Helsinki earlier this year and I’ve never seen a bigger crowd, it was a wild concert with over 60,000 fans going freakin’ berserk! They were really well behaved and were there purely to give the band as much energy back as the band gave them, which believe me was a ton full! I got goose bumps hearing the crowd leave the venue all as one singing 'Sweet Child O’ Mine'.

Guns N’ Roses last toured Australia in 2007 and have sold more than 100 million records worldwide since forming in 1985. With hits including Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child O’ Mine and November Rain, Guns N’ Roses provided the anthems that shaped a generation.

Joining Guns N’ Roses on this tour will be Grammy award winning metal band KoRn who have sold in excess of 30 million albums and played countless sold-out shows worldwide.

This show is not for the faint hearted and not to be missed!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tour is endless then?!

I would fully expect more Euro dates (Germany, others), Mexico, and the U.S. in 2011... so not endless, but 2 years wouldn't surprise me, since these Australian dates take us to the 1 year mark. Maybe a couple months off in January/February as a breather?

Promoter, Andrew McManus says, ‘this is a very exciting tour for us, I saw Guns N’ Roses perform in Helsinki earlier this year and I’ve never seen a bigger crowd, it was a wild concert with over 60,000 fans going freakin’ berserk! They were really well behaved and were there purely to give the band as much energy back as the band gave them, which believe me was a ton full! I got goose bumps hearing the crowd leave the venue all as one singing 'Sweet Child O’ Mine'.

He must have mixed Helsinki up with some other city... there's no way there were 60000 people there

Indeed Korn are a good choice, back in their heyday they were a massive band, although it has waned alot since then, alot of Korn fans will go JUST to see Korn. I like their music too so its a bonus, id prefer them to Bach(nothing agaisnt him).

Me and another forum member are looking to try and do the 3 shows. Would love to drive to them (road trip style), but that would involve something like 7000kms driving over a period of 7 days, so we're going to have to fly it... but either way, Guns Odyssey 2010 is on the cards...!

If anyone is keen to join at either show, please message me - want to try and get something going with this!