System Of A Down Reunion?

Gordon Comstock

Well my pants just got shorter at that news. Ive seen SOAD twice and they have a sick energy live. The "Hypnotize/Mesmerize" series of albums werent nearly as good as the self titled and Toxicity, but they were still better than most of what was out at the time.

I agree with whoever said Daron needs to step back his role a bit. Their best songs are with Daron singing one or two lines and Serj taking over.

I never got the big deal with them, Serj's voice is fucking annoying and in a bizarre tone. I think the only song I ever really liked was BYOB.

Bizarre is the right word. They were definetely a unique band and that was the appeal. For everyone who loved them there was someone who hated his voice or how weird their songs could be. Certainly not for everyone but they made original music for sure

I love SOAD, but I'm backwards-ass in that Mezmerize/Hypnotize are my favourite albums by far and I love that Daron got to sing more on those albums. I also love Serj's Elect the Dead (downloaded Imperfect Harmonies, haven't given it a proper listen yet), and loved Scars on Broadway, so I'm happy either way.

System Of A Down are widely expected to announce that they are reforming on Monday (November 29).

The rockers are tipped to confirm a full reunion tour along with several European festival appearances, including a possible slot at the UK's Download festival.

Their only confirmed date so far is for next year, when the band play Palais Omnisports in Paris on June 6. But, when asked by a fan on Twitter if there was any truth to reports that the band would play next year's Download, bassist Shavo Odadjian replied, "Stay tuned."

The band have been on hiatus since 2006 but never announced a full split. During their break frontman Serj Tankian has released two solo records and guitarist Daron Malakian and drummer John Dolmayan have formed Scars On Broadway.

Download takes place on June 10-12 at Donington Park.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/system_of_a_down_to_announce_theyre_reforming_for_download.html

System Of A Down are widely expected to announce that they are reforming on Monday (November 29).

The rockers are tipped to confirm a full reunion tour along with several European festival appearances, including a possible slot at the UK's Download festival.

Their only confirmed date so far is for next year, when the band play Palais Omnisports in Paris on June 6. But, when asked by a fan on Twitter if there was any truth to reports that the band would play next year's Download, bassist Shavo Odadjian replied, "Stay tuned."

The band have been on hiatus since 2006 but never announced a full split. During their break frontman Serj Tankian has released two solo records and guitarist Daron Malakian and drummer John Dolmayan have formed Scars On Broadway.

Download takes place on June 10-12 at Donington Park.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/system_of_a_down_to_announce_theyre_reforming_for_download.html

One of Sweden's biggest metal festivals will announce their first head liner on monday and they've said that probably was their biggest band ever.

Edited by CheapJon