Guns N Roses Sydney Dec 4- Anz STADIUM

Guest Gunns

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the folks happened to be in Sydney this weekend and picked up the Sunday Telegraph (Biggest selling news-paper in Aus), here's what it had to say:

RED- HOT TRACK ACTION

True to reputation, Axl Rose kept his thousands of fan waiting at Sydney's ANZ stadium last night.

Famous for running late and only going on stage when he is ready, Rose and his Guns N' Roses bandmates were an hour late beginning their set at the TElstra 500 V8's at Olympic Park.

"It's Good to be back," Rose said after belting out the band's classic Welcome To The Jungle.

"What a great f****** crowd."

The band's late arrival was clearly worth the wait though, with Rose greeted by rapturous applause.

The iconic rock star showed no sign of age as he energetically ran around the stage, although his dance moves appeared to be more of a shuffle.

The Guns N' Roses performance topped off a day of thrilling entertainment, carnival rides, vintage cars and lots of drinking.

Among the 70,000 punters was a slew of celebrities, most notable golf-champion Greg Norman, who had the perfect bloke's day out

Couldn't find the picture they used, it looked pretty awesome.

Highvoltage - Looks like you were shooting from right at the front?.....thats pretty ballsy of you. Are GnR finally relaxing a bit with their camera rules? Were you subtly filming this or what? Cheers for it though!...curious how you managed to pull it off.

GNR's anti recording standpoint (if they even have one) is really is overstated. Axl flipped out once at a guy who had been recording the whole show, now everyone thinks he wants to kick their head in if they dare take out their phone.

Highvoltage - Looks like you were shooting from right at the front?.....thats pretty ballsy of you. Are GnR finally relaxing a bit with their camera rules? Were you subtly filming this or what? Cheers for it though!...curious how you managed to pull it off.

Totally relaxed about it man, Axl was even giving some of the cameras some love at some point. Obviously if you're at the front and you're holding it high above your head and intruding on other people's enjoyment of the show they're not going to be happy about it.

The anti-camera policy was back in the 90's when people were professionally filming shows and then selling them for money. A fan in the front taking photos with a point and shoot obviously isn't out to make any money off things. I've got a few more vids but haven't been home long enough to up them - The Blues video is a really good one too.

Well... WHAT A FUCKING PHENOMENAL SHOW! rock3 I've only just gotten home and organised from seeing the Sydney show, had a bit of travelling still to do! what a weekend! made it to, and met DJ, BBF and Dizzy at the instore on the Friday, got my ChiDem LP and CD signed, great people to talk to, although almost seemed surreal initially! It was great night out at the concert on Saturday, Axl and band sounding fantastic, Me, front row at my first Gn'R gig!, scored of one of DJ's picks he threw out at us, and along the way the whole time, I was meeting alot of good people with one thing in common, from here at this forum, and also in general, all the other random Gn'R fans at the hotel I talked to and drank with, who'd travelled interstate, or in some cases, from New Zealand! :thumbsup: The show was fantastic, as you all know by now! There's not much I can tell you you haven't heard, but I just thought I'd take the time to share my brief review anyway! Thanks for the HD HV!, great work...

Edited by DvntJester

Richard makes his James Bond solo better and better each time I hear it. He's so underrated. All three guitarists are. So here he is...Fortus, Richard Fortus.

Why is Richard not on leed guitar? He should at least be taking Ashbas place on most solos. Most under used GNR member.

Edited by iftheworld

a super show of super band! GNR rock and rule.

no, they don't need to be on the lips of every retard with a tv remote on his hands, or with earphones listening to radio...

no, they don't need to be media friendly

no, they don't need to release music video to be "popular once more"

no, they don't need to sell billions of records from Chinese Democracy

no, they don't need me or you

to be loved by millions all over the world!

because this is what I see from all the shows they've done for the last year,

from all the fan made forums and sites around the globe,

from Facebook, MySpace, Itunnes

from all the media coverage they have without asking for one interview

so yeap!

GNR ruled over Sydney Anz Stadium and the majority of people which attended were delighted by the show!

cheers!

Richard Fortus is probably the most underrated guitarist Guns n' Roses has ever had.

i have to agree, and was just thinking this yesterday

I'm confused. Was this the V8 supercar racing thing or is that at a different time? I thought they were doing like a "halftime" thing where they play 4 songs?

Clarification????

the v8's goes for 3 days -fri, sat & winds up on sunday. the routine is to provide free entertainment on the saturday night ever year. full blown out bands & gigs.