GUNS N' ROSES HEADLINE ROCK IN RIO 4!!!

Mal'Akh

what exactly happened in the middle of NR?? when axl suddenly stares into the crowd and everything just sort of died after that... seemed like he was getting the worst news of his life via ear plug which is unlikely since the people working with him ought to know better..

I'd love an monitor mix of the show to see what the guys were saying to each other inbetween the songs

I thought Ron screwing up Jungle because of the storm trooper hat was hilarious.

That helmet was given to him the day before by a fan, he autographed it and gave it back, the fan took it to the RiR concert, he saw him, and BEING AWESOME AND KIND like he always is, as a sign of friendship and a good gesture, he went to greet the fan and played with his helmet. FUCK YOU GUYS. BUMBLEFOOT's charisma and interaction with fans is UNIQUE. The most polite and caring member of a band I like I ever met. By far.

That's nice. And even wothout knowing that I found it great and funny. SUCH things were certainly not the weak points of the show...

lol, that was pathetic.. Who is the dude with the beard?

Serj from System of the Down?

Seriously, I'm waiting for a high quality torrent to surface to watch the whole show and reserve judgement. This is the only clip I've seen of the show. Axl looks either fucked up or disinterested or both. He should be embarrassed by that performance. I know the lyrics to "November Rain" and I didn't write it.

The band sounded great, however. Say what you will about them not being GNR (I myself have said that repeatedly) but the guys are pros that play their asses off.

whoever he is he is a tool.. I just watched the Jungle clip and it was horrendous. Then the bearded guitar player fucked up the whole solo because he has to wear some stupid fucking storm troopers mask.. (almost as bad as a KFC bucket) What a joke this band is.

You mean Bumblefoot, who's been in the band since 2006?

Yeah, that storm trooper thing was stupid.

Correction: It WAS cute and hilarious, except that it was foreshadowing of an unfocused, disappointing show. It would have been cute if Axl had been kicking ass, but as it is, it just looked like they were all up on stage "taking the piss".

Despite all the problems already mentioned, watching the show in HDTV 1080p, I watched in a complete different level of quality. I`ve compared regular videos on youtube with the HDTV videos and I have changed a bit my really bad opinion of the show in general broadcasted yesterday live on youtube with a crap quality in both audio and video.

This is the channel where this user is uploading the show in HDTV 1080p, music by music, and he says that he is going to make a single file to download at megaupload site.

The link is this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sarquisstuff#p/u/7/LF5UWziwitA

Holy shit the band AND Axl sound awesome!

Axl does not sound awesome. It's just better audio than the youtuibe broadcast had. He still sounds, let's just say, off ;)

I agree.. The HD looks better but Axl still sounds awful... I keep seeing people praise this band but I really don't think they do the songs any justice.

First thing this morning I did was to open my computer. I waited for the start of the concert like it was xmas.

The weather was really bad in Rio and the tropical rain looked like it could be the reason to stop the concert at any moment. I was amazed that they even played in such a bad weather.

All day I have been thinking about how heroic their effort was. Just imagine playing guitar after soaking in bath for 2 hours… I was expecting to see close ups of bloody fingers at any moment.

They were waiting for this concert for so long and then they got this disappointing weather which could potentially be dangerous because of all the electronic equipment, I felt so sorry for them.

In future I hope they see the concert as an epic survival story, something they can think back with pride. They did well under the circumstances, and they did not give up.

Axl’s voice was at times a bit strange, it could be that there were technical problems in the sound coming to his ears or any number of other reasons

(e.g. asthma related from trying too hard/ practising singing too much, flu, problem with voice cords, worrying about the safety of his band etc.), but he did his best!

I have been in GNR land all day. They were playing Nightrain in the radio as it was voted 118th most popular rock song and the DJ guest also chose to play GNR.

Then I opened this forum, what is all this complaining? The live stream of the concert (and maybe the concert) was not always perfect in all the details, so what?

They were really giving all they have in the aquarium tank kind of environment and Ron looked really cool with the new hair and beard style.

Ok, if anyone could help me, I could bring the whole show in 1080i HD. The thing is, my set-top-box needed a ext3 hard disk, and that's what I used. But not only I can't read it on Windows 7, but also, even if I can boot with Linux Ubuntu, the files didn't play and are splitted in at least 10 parts.

I tried this Paragon extbrowser software, but had no luck:

http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/paragon-extbrowser.htm

So, if anyone could help me out, I could torrent the whole gig. Here it got about 55 GB, but I have 1 MB/s of upload rate.

listening to the show while doing something else actually makes it very good... I'm starting to think that the fact that I was getting nervous as hell about any little thing that went wrong with this show is what destroyed it for me. That and the fact that I actually expected to hear new music.

sounds good to have on the background.. sort of like Family Guy, hate the show when I'm paying attention but love it when I'm just there for the random jokes while doing something else

Axl’s voice was at times a bit strange, it could be that there were technical problems in the sound coming to his ears or any number of other reasons

(e.g. asthma related from trying too hard/ practising singing too much, flu, problem with voice cords, worrying about the safety of his band etc.), but he did his best!

wait a second.

are you suggesting that axl sucked because he was trying too hard?

fuck outta here with that bullshit.

you are delusional. dude blew it.

So the show turned to be a failure...no good playing, no new songs, again late on stage, and Axl had problems at singing...he even forgot lyrics...great dissapoitment...i was hoping the last night had been a new start for our favourite band...i usually support Axl and new GNR but today i feel dissapointed...i just want to hear good music from these gifted guys but it seems that they can 't support what they do, especially Axl...It is so sad but that is the way it is...life goes on. I will be happy if things change (new disc, better perfomances,) but i am tired to wait for a change ...if only we could see Axl and the rest band tight again....the thing i want the most is to hear all the songs from the chinese democracy era... but tsese are only dreams i suppose