ChiDem songs you've grown to appreciate?

Axl Rose aka God

I've always loved Chinese Democracy. It's probably one of my favorite albums of all time. However, I've recently begun to appreciate the tracks off of it even more than I had before. I just experienced what went from a mutual break up to a bad break up, and I find a lot of the songs from Chinese Democracy deal with the whole process of dealing with loss.

I.R.S. for example, I've always loved but I'm loving it even more now because of the lyrics.

This I Love was a song I've always loved, and now the lyircs seem more applicable.

As does Prostitute.

I feel like Chinese Democracy may be the perfect break up album?

So, does anyone love the songs on Chinese Democracy more than they first did, for whatever reason?

I've had my time of all of them.

There are some that the first time I heard I was like "HOLY SHIT! That's awesome!": Chinese Democracy, Scraped, TWAT, Prostitute, IRS.

And some that really took some time to appreciate, like Maddy. But I had my time with them all.

I used to take my dog to walk and then listened the song like 20x in a row. Still do that.

But my favorite song, and the first I heard is Chinese Democracy. That song is fucking awesome.

First Old'GNR song I heard was WTTJ, and it still my favorite and I still listen to it a lot, almost everyday. I remember that before actually listening to the full song, I heard the intro like some 5x, it was mind-blowing.

Maddy and SOD were my big ones. I never particularly cared for Maddy before the album came out (And the demo was god-awful), it's one of my favorites on the album however. With SOD, I've always loved it, but it became really special to me for personal reasons about a year ago. Been one of my favorite songs of all time since then.

This is definitely one of those albums that needs some time. If you asked me 2 years ago, I would be like nah, decent shit plaahplaah, 2-3 great songs etc. I love CD, its a fucking masterpiece....only song Im not the biggest fan is IRS, its ok like shotgun blues, I enjoy it, but heard better ones too. And In general, Im the most critical "rock police" a- hole there is. I love CD.

The first time I listened to CITR's leak I thought that the synth parts were a bit waky.

It's not like I hated it, I just thought it was strange cause I wasn't familiar with that kind of sound.

But after some additional listenings, CITR became one of my favs.

BTW, Axl’s vocal perfomances always surprises me every time I listen to SOD and TWAT.

This I Love and Prostitute probably took the longest.

Sometimes it just takes longer to search the universe and find yourself within her eyes. But the payoff is OH SO WORTH IT!!!!!! :):tongue2:

I don't identify with the song but it's a great vocal and solo, great live. Prostitute just took awhile to get lyrics.

Shacklers for me! At first I was like "wtf with this song? fuckin elephants on a GNR song? wtf the solo sounds like a fuckin videogame?!"...now probably its one of my favourites and a true rocker...still hate the elephant sounds and videogame solo though...

I remember reading where Guns brought in some big wig producer and he told them they had three radio songs, maybe four. Off one album that ain't bad. the obvious choices are

better

CD

Catcher

IRS

The Blues

Catcher of all those is the best song. the lyrics are fantastic (better is a close second). Lyrically Axl put some time into those. Its pretty obvious.

Those five songs are worthy of UYI material, at least the top 50%, so dogging the album is ludicrous. The most ambitious song and the one i've taken the longest to come around to is madagascar. Really respect that song now and used to skip it.

i still don't like riad and shacklers, but then i've always preferred the ballads.

I've stopped playing the album. I stopped playing the album sometime ago. I buy many albums, and few keep my attention. At the moment REM's Collapse Into Now is where its at. It's a great album! I really cannot stop playing it. Check out this great song and entertaining video:

R.E.M. - ÜBerlin (Video)

Edited by star

I've stopped playing the album. I stopped playing the album sometime ago. I buy many albums, and few keep my attention. At the moment REM's Collapse Into Now is where its at. It's a great album! I really cannot stop playing it. Check out this great song and entertaining video:

R.E.M. - ÜBerlin (Video)

No, really don't like R.E.M! Not working for me wiill choose newgnr and CD over them always!

Edited by MBRose

Shacklers Revenge, If the world and Sorry.

Came to appreciate these pretty much when i heard how epic they were live :D, hearing them from that osaka gig, then across the 2010 videos really made me appreciate them somewhat more than when i'd just heard the album versions. Esp If the world.