Why can't Guns maintain a steady line-up?

Towelie

As to "covering other people's music"...well, that's actually what most professional musicians do, isn't it? Go see a symphony or an opera; the orchestra in the pit didn't write that music. There's no shame in finding work where you can.

I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. Dizzy, Chris Pittman, Tommy Stinson and Richard Fortus have been there for the long haul. tThat's four out of seven. The two other guitar spots and the drummer have been the only turnovers, really. And with those - two of the guitarists stuck around for six years (Finck, more or less, and BBF). Ashba's already been in for five years. Brain was there from what, 2001 - 2007; and Ferrer has been on since then - five years. Paul Tobias was associated from 1995-ish to 2001 or later.

Since 2000, Buckethead has really been the only one who went quickly, and we've talked about the fact that there seems to have been tension between him and other band members.

As to why people leave, there are probably all sorts of reasons. Assuming BBF really did leave, we know he wasn't happy about the way things were managed. Some of them probably get frustrated with the lack of recording; some probably don't like management strategies; some simply probably have other things to do. All of them seem to have other projects going on, and I'd guess that they're more emotionally invested in those. The only question is really if GnR conflicts with their personal projects. Medium job tenure for any job is between 4 and 6 years; it's not a suprise that people want to move on and do something else. Joining a band isn't a lifetime commitment. particularly if it's not a band you founded.

Bollocks.

The obvious reason why they all leave is because Rose is a complete wanker. He is the only constant, between then, and now. Logically, he can be the only reason. This is why Slash, Duff and Izzy left, why Bucket and Robin left. Probably this is why Tracii Guns left. Steven probably began frying his brain with medication to deal with Axl's bullshit. Matt was fired for defending Slash and Gilby was fired for reasons, unknown to all except ginger bollocks, so this is more evidence of Rose's wankiness.

Don't forget Brain. I don't believe he's part of the GNR "family" anymore either. I wonder why...

Brain played with them in 2012 for a full show, and did all the remixes, so I think he's part of the GNR family that's behind Steven. To Axl, Brain's loyalty is invaluable.
When did Brain play with GN'R in 2012? I'd like to see some videos just to see the differences between his performances and Frank's.

GNR have been a revolving door since the very beginning. Tracii Guns, Rob Gardner, Ole Beich anyone?

Kind of a silly thread.....

Nobody cares about those guys. None of them were in the band that got signed to Geffen and recorded AFD, Lies, and UYI I and II. The Slash, Duff, Izzy, Axl, Steven, Matt and Dizzy lineups were the only ones lineups who matter to the general public.

one of the musicians that you ignore, has provided his name to the band :thumbsup:

you have to respect the past .. and history :rolleyes:

not if it doesn't now count for shit..

GNR have been a revolving door since the very beginning. Tracii Guns, Rob Gardner, Ole Beich anyone?

Kind of a silly thread.....

Nobody cares about those guys. None of them were in the band that got signed to Geffen and recorded AFD, Lies, and UYI I and II. The Slash, Duff, Izzy, Axl, Steven, Matt and Dizzy lineups were the only ones lineups who matter to the general public.

one of the musicians that you ignore, has provided his name to the band :thumbsup:

you have to respect the past .. and history :rolleyes:

not if it doesn't now count for shit..

Guns N' Roses without the music Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt and Dizzy wrote, or helped write wouldn't be worth 1 cent. People didn't and don't want to listen to Gn'R songs because of the name. Nobody says "Guns N' Roses? That's a cool band name, I should definitely check them out!"

Most fans know and respect this. Only the most stubborn, sad, pathetic, blind Axl fans ignore that fact.

I used to be on the side of the "Well so and so has been in the band longer than so and so was!" argument, but I don't anymore. For example, I can't imagine someone actually counting DJ as a legit member of GN'R for any number of years based on his output (or lackthereof) with the band since he joined.

Yeah, stability means shit when you release 15 songs in 20+ years. Don't know about you guys, but I prefer the unstable 87-93 years myself, because you know, new music was released very often.

In a move that will surprise no one, I will now make another GNR/Pink Floyd comparison.

People used to say that about the Gilmour era Vs the Waters era of Floyd. Back in the 90s, they'd be like "Well, Floyd has been without Waters for 10 years now" but that didn't really mean anything.

Even you compared the two in ten year increments before and after 1985, the argument still didn't hold up. They only released 2 studio albums over the next decade following 1985. However, they released 4 between 1975 & 1985, one of which was a double album.

So time passing without any productivity isn't a real argument if you ask me.

• Like 2

Yeah, stability means shit when you release 15 songs in 20+ years. Don't know about you guys, but I prefer the unstable 87-93 years myself, because you know, new music was released very often.

In a move that will surprise no one, I will now make another GNR/Pink Floyd comparison.

People used to say that about the Gilmour era Vs the Waters era of Floyd. Back in the 90s, they'd be like "Well, Floyd has been without Waters for 10 years now" but that didn't really mean anything.

Even you compared the two in ten year increments before and after 1985, the argument still didn't hold up. They only released 2 studio albums over the next decade following 1985. However, they released 4 between 1975 & 1985, one of which was a double album.

:o

As to "covering other people's music"...well, that's actually what most professional musicians do, isn't it? Go see a symphony or an opera; the orchestra in the pit didn't write that music. There's no shame in finding work where you can.

I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. Dizzy, Chris Pittman, Tommy Stinson and Richard Fortus have been there for the long haul. tThat's four out of seven. The two other guitar spots and the drummer have been the only turnovers, really. And with those - two of the guitarists stuck around for six years (Finck, more or less, and BBF). Ashba's already been in for five years. Brain was there from what, 2001 - 2007; and Ferrer has been on since then - five years. Paul Tobias was associated from 1995-ish to 2001 or later.

Since 2000, Buckethead has really been the only one who went quickly, and we've talked about the fact that there seems to have been tension between him and other band members.

As to why people leave, there are probably all sorts of reasons. Assuming BBF really did leave, we know he wasn't happy about the way things were managed. Some of them probably get frustrated with the lack of recording; some probably don't like management strategies; some simply probably have other things to do. All of them seem to have other projects going on, and I'd guess that they're more emotionally invested in those. The only question is really if GnR conflicts with their personal projects. Medium job tenure for any job is between 4 and 6 years; it's not a suprise that people want to move on and do something else. Joining a band isn't a lifetime commitment. particularly if it's not a band you founded.

Bollocks.

The obvious reason why they all leave is because Rose is a complete wanker. He is the only constant, between then, and now. Logically, he can be the only reason. This is why Slash, Duff and Izzy left, why Bucket and Robin left. Probably this is why Tracii Guns left. Steven probably began frying his brain with medication to deal with Axl's bullshit. Matt was fired for defending Slash and Gilby was fired for reasons, unknown to all except ginger bollocks, so this is more evidence of Rose's wankiness.

Don't forget Brain. I don't believe he's part of the GNR "family" anymore either. I wonder why...

Brain played with them in 2012 for a full show, and did all the remixes, so I think he's part of the GNR family that's behind Steven. To Axl, Brain's loyalty is invaluable.
When did Brain play with GN'R in 2012? I'd like to see some videos just to see the differences between his performances and Frank's.
WFA is trying to re-write history. Brain only played on the bongos for 2-3 songs at that show.

the problem is that the Gnr family starts to look more and more as a circus. No personnality, too much people involved. We are at a time when we may regret the horn section and the sexy chorists in Gnr :lol: yes it is possible. At this period, the band maybe did not played perfectly on stage but it had a soul. That is called rock n roll...

Edited by nico_france

the problem is that the Gnr family starts to look more and more as a circus. No personnality, too much people involved. We are at a time when we may regret the horn section and the sexy chorists in Gnr :lol: yes it is possible. At this period, the band maybe did not played perfectly on stage but it had a soul. That is called rock n roll...

Starting to look like a circus? They put a bass guitar on Beta on the fucking stage once. It's been a circus for at least 14 years now.

Starting to look like a circus? They put a bass guitar on Beta on the fucking stage once. It's been a circus for at least 14 years now.

I was being polite ;) Since ... 1994 at least it is a mess

Edited by nico_france
  • Like 1

:o

OK....so my bringing up Pink Floyd surrpised Rovim at least :lol:

• Like 1

This is really all that needs to be said.

Who cares about stability and band member's friendship if that band isn't going to release original music?

Those drug addict, morons, traitors, etc were able to work with Axl to put out 3.5 albums in five years, release numerous videos, and break world records in touring numbers.

This is really all that needs to be said.

Who cares about stability and band member's friendship if that band isn't going to release original music?

Those drug addict, morons, traitors, etc were able to work with Axl to put out 3.5 albums in five years, release numerous videos, and break world records in touring numbers.

Exactly, and once the drug addict, traitors, two-faced, manipulative, back-stabbing members who in less than 10 years wrote and recorded 4 albums of original material plus a cover album left the band, Axl found his dream team, with Buckethead, Finck and Brain, but these members... left too and they even left before Axl decided to release the record they were all working on! Interesting to say the least, huh?

• Like 1

Bollocks.

HOB 2012 aka the Robin plays Better the right way show

Aka the night we could have had a live performance of TIL the way it was intended, with Robin playing his solo, but got fucked over and had to endure another Ashba "attempt".

Bollocks.

Aka the night we could have had a live performance of TIL the way it was intended, with Robin playing his solo, but got fucked over and had to endure another Ashba "attempt".

If I remember right, Brain didn't play drums at any point in that show, he just sort of stood there shaking a tambourine or something.

• Like 1

Bollocks.

If I remember right, Brain didn't play drums at any point in that show, he just sort of stood there shaking a tambourine or something.

he played bongos

• Like 1

Bollocks.

he played bongos

Dizzy's blood was boiling.

• Like 1

Bollocks.

he played bongos

Dizzy's blood was boiling.

Back in the skin n bones tour a Domino's pizza guy ocasionally popped up and played the bongos....

(this means Axlisold have a chance to play in GNR)

Edited by Motivation