Never have I felt like GN'R is over as I do now..

star

In the past the band members went their separate ways.

There was always a sense they would join up again some day.

Even if things were quite, we knew Axl was working on CD.

Now that CD is out, and been out for quite some time - and some of those that worked on it parted ways - and Axl burnt his bridges with Slash 100%

..all that remained was hired hands.

Since the release of CD, there's been no video, no real radio air play, no real single as such, a manager who quit, and a mini tour feat. Slash impressionist Dj Ash, without whom the tour could never have happend.

All that's left now is a 50 year old Axl and his on going legal stuff.

Other than the ego trip Rio gig, will there ever be another tour? ..if so, what does Axl get out of touring with a cover band? on the pretense he's doing it for the fans, keeping the GN'R legacy alive (because Izzy, Adler, Slash, Duff can't be bothered to - which we all know is rubbish) all the while single handedly destroying it :shrugs:

Edited by star

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People say this every time the band goes quiet. Doesn't feel any different than '07 or '09 to me. And at least we have the prospect of a massive gig to look forward to...

Also, I would hardly call '09/'10 a "mini tour". 76 shows in 10 months is a pretty mammoth tour, on the contrary.

Explain to me how Rio is an ego trip?

So, I guess every other band is playing at Rock In Rio becuase they have a big ego and want money, not to perform at the biggest music festival in the world, right?

It may be hard to optimistic, but it's also possible ot be optimistic. DJ said he's working on new song's with Axl and say we may get a "Christmas album." The wheel's could be in motion for a new album, we don't know. We could get new song's at Rio, it's a huge possiblity.

How in the blue hell was the '09-'10 tour a mini tour? 76 date's, with some places being sold out with 20, 30, 40, 50 thousand people, yeah that's a really big mini tour.

Hopefully we won't be so old that the shock kills us.

:D hahaha , who knows whats gonna happen but life goes on and unlike the early 1990 s most people are not waiting on the edge of their seat for the new gnr album .

and imo any future tours will just be nostalgic tours .

Waiting sucks for sure but Guns will go on. If you come here everyday looking for news and singles etc that won't happen, but they will be back

The wait is always worse for us then the other millions of fans who don't come here

Edited by gunsguy

Guest siliconmessiah

Now that CD is out, and been out for quite some time - and some of those that worked on it parted ways - and Axl burnt his bridges with Slash 100%

Since the release of CD, there's been no video, no real radio air play, no real single as such, a manager who quit, and a mini tour feat. Slash impressionist Dj Ash, without whom the tour could never have happend.

Other than the ego trip Rio gig, will there ever be another tour? ..if so, what does Axl get out of touring with a cover band? on the pretense he's doing it for the fans, keeping the GN'R legacy alive (because Izzy, Adler, Slash, Duff can't be bothered to - which we all know is rubbish) all the while single handedly destroying it :shrugs:

I totally agree with you.

Axl really had the chance to lift off with GNR again.

CD was a good album, but it should have been released in 2006.

I am so tired of the silence and the unprofessional way this come-and-go-as-you-like-circus is handled, and the lack of news...

But I´ll hang on, there might be a new cd-release and some kind of semi-reunion in 2013-2015 maybe.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

People say this every time the band goes quiet. Doesn't feel any different than '07 or '09 to me. And at least we have the prospect of a massive gig to look forward to...

Also, I would hardly call '09/'10 a "mini tour". 76 shows in 10 months is a pretty mammoth tour, on the contrary.

Well. Every time this band goes quiet, bad things has been happening. Line-up changes etc.

This

Big band.. Things don't happen that fast, best example would be VR !!!

What is it you expect at this point ?

"Sometimes the best answer is silence"..

Above is how I feel about the current situation.. No news is good news.. ! And to be fair, there has been some news with regards to working on an album, upcoming show.. I guess the lack of confidence is those reports is because of past dissapointments ! I don't think it is fair to put your frustration out there in this very moment.. ! Having a guy like DJ Ashba saying new stuff is on the way and the band opening up, more than it has since Slash left is something to be excited about..

Of course we all want news and updates, snippets and stuff "everyday all day", in the wonderful world of GN'R, but for any band, of ANY size, that is nothing but wishful thinking. In the sense of more consistent communication, that would be fine - But impv that could also remove focus from what is going on, and create an annoyment factor which is the case with Baz, even BBF for some members here, so all in all, I think the position they have kept is fine ! Give me real news or no news.. Not some random BS.. !

I think Axl recognizes this, but also feel the pressure to use modern technologies (to the best of his ability - Not exactly computer generation) and that is why we sometimes get fed with "happy mothers day" and shit like that.. Nobody wants to hear it.. On the other hand, if he went out and said "Do you know where your mother is ? happy I did your mothers day sucka" It would generate negative publicity as it is just "old douche Ax", and could turn into a shitstorm nobody needs.. ! Ever since the blame of Donnington 87' and "Police and black persons", Axl seems to have been very conscious about that stuff, which is a shame, on the other hand, alot of fans are "so mature" and so "pc" that they don't like to hear that stuff ! Unfortunately saying shit is not cool anymore, so the latter has come to take effect, but if anyone was king of saying shit, antagonizing others, Axl is Provo-King !

Guest siliconmessiah

"Sometimes the best answer is silence"..

Not when you promise a video, more songs, a trilogy of albums and have been shouting "Round 1" at the MTV VMA:s 10 years ago.

I have been supporting Axl´s vision of building a new Guns N´ Roses for the past 10 years. It has been nice and all, some good shows and stuff. But with a sense of little delivery.

Now, when it comes down to business, with the sad and shattered state of GNR 2011, the feeling is that some kind of semi-reunion is inevitable. There will be magic!

Edited by siliconmessiah

GNR has been over for many years now. Nugnr or better Axl Rose and his band aren't. There will be more, but when....?

Can take a while, but I can wait. Don't need updates and all of that, I listen when it's there.

you wish!

It surprises me how some people, including yourself, are such pessimists. I wonder if the same thing happened after John Frusciante left Red Hot Chili Peppers, flea started a project with Thom Yorke and Chad went touring with Chickenfoot. And that's because CD was released two years after Stadium Arcadium. Same thing with System of a Down, Foo Fighters, Motley Crue and Pearl Jam. You ignore everything Ashba said, and augment every single pessimistic point of view. The original formation is NOT coming back if this one ends. We will be left with nothing from Axl.... but some prefer that.

Waiting sucks for sure but Guns will go on. If you come here everyday looking for news and singles etc that won't happen, but they will be back

The wait is always worse for us then the other millions of fans who don't come here

True.

well star if you don't know how to shine

than at least get of the pedestal.

GNR

wasn't over in 1990 when Adler was thrown out,

wasn't over in 1992 when Izzy left.

wasn't over 1993 - as some imply - but I don't get there the so called reason

wasn't over in 1996 when Slash left.

wasn't over in 1998 when Duff left.

wasn't over in 2002 after that fiasco of north american tour.

wasn't over in 2007 after the end of that world tour.

wasn't over for all this time when now new material was put out there.

wasn't over in 2008 after the so called disappointment sales of the new album in 15 years, in the USA! - let's keep in mind that in the rest of the world it did really good!

wasn't over in 2009 with the departure of the manager that a lot of people consider responsible for getting out CD, as if! in the world of Axl's?!

wasn't over in 2010 with the end of a successful world tour!

is not over because a star feel like it.

you, all the people know when it will be over,

and I don't need to write that down.

so until then, if you can, and if you really like GNR music, stick around.

if not, stop starting stupid threads, based only on your feelings.

at least 8.6 mil people have different feelings about GNR status than you http://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses