Is there a song more underrated than Coma ?

SL138

for f*x sake

it has the best lyrics and one of the greatest finales.

it should definitely be played at the end of the regular part of each concert. (right before encore)

I cant believe how underrated that song is. Its such a shame.

Wish I was in Chicago back in 92

This is my absolute favorite song by anyone, ever. Definitely underrated as far as mainstream attention goes.

Yeah I agree with the mainstream thing, Iv always said this was one of the most underrated GNR songs, but not in the sense of hardcore GNR fans because since they are so hardcore they are "aware" of this song, but yeah mainstream casual GNR fans dont know about this baby.

and yes the last 2 minutes I have always loved like the rest of you

and while on the topic of mainstream underrated GNR songs I would have to include Breakdown and Locomotive into that list with Coma from the Illusions, the three of those songs are great, very unconventional, and all not very famous in the mainstream music world if for nothing else probably because of their length along with other variables.

Edited by amacfantasy

It would have been interesting to see what Axl did with the first snakepit record (whether

he would have kept the music as it- fairly lean and mean rock songs) was or turned some of them into epics.

Actually I'm not sure if you could turn any of the first snakepit record songs into NR or Coma-esque epics

The studio version is awesome, but I think the sheer monstrosity and power of the song was lost each time it was played live.

There are so many under rated songs on the UYI albums - but I think that's inevitable due to the sheer volume of material on the two records.

The studio version is awesome, but I think the sheer monstrosity and power of the song was lost each time it was played live.

There are so many under rated songs on the UYI albums - but I think that's inevitable due to the sheer volume of material on the two records.

thats 2many 'sheer's in a post

and yes breakdown too. maybe the second most underrated.

btw its beginning is my ringtone since 10 years

What I like about Coma is that it got the raw Appetite sound with the epic arrangement and time of one of the big illusion songs like Estranged and November Rain. Had this been a single, I'm positive it would have been recognized more and put up there with the classics of Floyd and Zep, like when they were in the middle of there careers. I mean seriously, every musician on that track had a strong moment, and nothing less.

I...uhm...always hated that song. Never got the love for it :s

Always thought the music itself was good but Axl's vocals were kinda embarassing.

Meh. I prefer Dead Horse ( which, on the other hand, features some of Axl's most insane vocals ).