Next Slash Solo Album in March/April 2012

Turn_It_Up

Already knew much of this, but hadn't seen him give such a tight ETA for the release:

-------------------------

New Slash Album Slated For March/April

date: 05/26/2011

In an exclusive interview with Planet Rock Slash revealed that his second solo album will be released next spring.

A second record has been mooted for some time but this is the first time that Slash has talked about the schedule for the record.

Speaking to Nicky Horne he revealed "Myles and I have been writing all throughout the tour so we've got a lot of material, and at this point we're probably gonna start a little bit of pre-production in June and then do the tour in July. In September we're going to [do more] pre-production and the album is slated to come out in March or April."

As previously reported, Myles Kennedy will handle all of the lead vocals on the album as opposed to the revolving door of singers on Slash' debut.

Slash plays a handful of UK dates this summer.

The gigs kick off at the Academy in Birmingham on July 20, before calling at venues in Manchester, Stoke and Leeds.

The guitarist will also play at T In The Park in Balado, Kinross-shire (8-10 July) and High Voltage in London on 23 July.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/new_slash_album_slated_for_marchapril.html

Edited by Turn_It_Up

You can't create good music and record it in such little time :shrugs:

AFD disagrees.

AFD, It's Five O' Clock, What's The Story Morning Glory, almost every Buckethead album, almost every Zakk Wylde album.....

i think its safe to believe you can do it.. some of these musicians just like to play, they're not in it to write the greatest record ever made.. it's been proven everytime that it's a falied attempt

AFD disagrees.

That was a different time. Slash was young, creative and full of great riffs and he actually had talented members to guide him. Now he's nothing but a joke and an embarrassment to the GNR legacy.

You can throw the "nobody gives a fuck about CD either" card but I can say the same thing about Slash and his solo "album" It was actually worse than Snakepit and I didn't think that was possible....

LOL you can change a few words here and there and the same thing is being said about Axl all over the internet. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

LOLcano delusional as always. Axl R0$e had 14 years to master his album and it still bombed like the pile of hogshit it was. How can you fail after that many years?

As far as embarrassment to GNR legacy...

http://top-people.st...Axl%20Rose3.jpg

Need I say more :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

slash_7_wenn2761766__oPt.jpg

beach_patrol_even_rock_stars_take_summer_breaks.jpg

See it could go both ways numbnuts

Your right about the word "rockstar" Slash is referred to now as "Rock Icon"

Now excuse me while I look up some really shity pics. of Axl to post.

Edited by sleeper

Now excuse me while I look up some really shity pics. of Axl to post.

pugachev already started that game. You are too late.

Your right about the word "rockstar" Slash is referred to now as "Rock Icon"

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

GNR are rock icons not Slash.

I gotta agree with you your last statment was damn funny! GNR are rock icons not Slash. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

AFD disagrees.

That was a different time. Slash was young, creative and full of great riffs and he actually had talented members to guide him. Now he's nothing but a joke and an embarrassment to the GNR legacy.

You can throw the "nobody gives a fuck about CD either" card but I can say the same thing about Slash and his solo "album" It was actually worse than Snakepit and I didn't think that was possible....

god dammit another idiotic pose. look man, i mean no disrespect and dont know you as a person (so really i dont mean anything to be insulting), but really, how can you post the shit you do? its so cupcake like and blind to axl. cant you just stfu and enjoy both without ripping on slash. you may not like his shit now but guess what, other people do. including myself. believe it or not, its OK to say both axl and slash are awesome now. and if you dont think so, than please, shut the fuck up. talented members? scott weiland, duff, myles, and all the countless others hes worked with since 1993 arent talented?

and a joke and embarrassment? are you drunk? i love axl, hes fucking great, but you honestly think slash has pissed more on the gnr legacy than axl? i like snakepit and thought the solo record was great and i thought chinese democracy was great. seeing gnr in 2010 was great but its still not the same band that established that name. it is NOT authentically the guns n roses that made appetite, that is a FACT. axl has made ONE record in 14 years, and the band that made that record doesn't even exist anymore. he has zero other original members and pissed away millions of dollars given by his label. thats not rock n roll thats just bull shit. as great i think he still is, im not going to defend the idiotic decisions hes made just because i like his shit.

and with slash, do i like the fact that he played november rain with rappers, or fergie and riana and shit? no, but its not running gnr in the ground. hes making money and establishing his name. jimmy page played with p diddy, anthrax with rappers, and aerosmith with run dmc. did that run their band legacies into the ground? slash is furthering his career. so who gives a fuck? and hey, its paid off! people know who the guy is and if anything, its less than to just as embarrassing than what axls done to the gnr name. both axl and slash were in a BAND, if axl was so into the pro tools and stuff he shoulda done a solo record, instead, he acted like a little bitch and alienated his band mates. both axl and slash should have respected each other and realized in a band you must compromise. they both failed. from countless accounts it sounds like axl more-so but hey, it is what it is.

again, i dont know you, i dont mean disrespect, but your posts here sometimes come off as very idiotic and just so blind to axl. its cool if you dont like slash, but dont act like its a fact he sucks when music is an opinion. and yes, i realize others bash axl and nugnr all the time, but that doesn't mean you have to stoop to that level.

and that "you cant make good music in a short time" comment. what the fuck, was that necessary? fucking pathetic attempt to try and bash this news, obvious you had to think of something. that just fucking sucked.

Edited by ZoSoRose

why the hell does he have Myles sing? There are so many other good singer. Get Jeff Scott Soto!

Jeff Scott Soto would be an AWESOME choice for Slash I think.

You can't put a time frame on writing good music, everyone works at a different pace. However, 10 months is not by any means an unreasonably long or short amount of time to produce a (potentially) great record.

Agree with a lots thats been said.....sometimes great music comes quickly sometimes it doesnt!

Musicians of the calibre of Slash and Myles could very easily put together numerous demos in a short period of time...

It remains to be seen how good it sounds! But judging by the Slash record it should be quite good

I think Myles is going to gain alot of new fans from this album.

When you get past how he sounds singing GNR covers, the fact is he can sing his ass off on original material that is his. His voice plays really well with Slash's blues based sound, and I think he is going to open some eyes of people who don't think too highly of him right now.

I hope somewhere on the album Slash lets him play a little guitar as well, as he can really play.

I dont like the high notes of Myles,i mean when he screams his voice sounds very thin,sometimes this meowing is bad,but i think after all this period with slash and touring they fit well together,i hope for a good result but its too soon yet to talk about this new album.

what the hell are you talking about?

have you not heard of bands like zeppelin?

The Beatles were not even around for 14 years after their first album. Is that not good music?

AIC's Jar of Flies was written and recorded in under 2 weeks. Granted it's an EP but it is an extroridinary EP at that.

You're right. JoF = Masterpiece.

Dude...no.

I can't wait to hear Slash's next album. The last one had some cool tunes and it's always a good thing hearing the man play.

Btw... I'd love Slash to do an all instrumental album somewhere down the line...