How disappointed will you be if Axl doesn't play new songs at Rock In Rio and announce a release date for CD II?

ITW 2012

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next albumIn an MTV phone interview with Kurt Loder in 1999, Rose said he and the then-new band had recorded enough material for a double album. In an informal chat with Rolling Stone magazine in February 2006, Rose stated the band had 32 songs in the works. While appearing on various fan message boards in December 2008 (after the release of Chinese Democracy, which was released in November of that year), he stated several working titles for a possible future album. Amongst the working titles confirmed: "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul" ("Soul Monster", formerly known as "Leave Me Alone"), "Atlas Shrugged", "Seven", "The General", "Thyme", "Ides of March", "Berlin" (formerly "Oklahoma"), "Zodiac", "Quick Song", and "Down by the Ocean"(co-written by original member Izzy Stradlin). During the chat, he mentioned the bridge of "Soul Monster" as the band's "most Black Sabbath" moment, and referred to it as "the meanest section of anything I've sung to date."[77] In a 2007 interview, Axl Rose's close friend Sebastian Bach stated "The General" had a "heavy" sound with "screaming vocals" and also said it was the sequel to the 1991 classic ballad "Estranged" from the album Use Your Illusion II. Bach also remarked that Chinese Democracy will be the first installment in a trilogy of new albums, and that Rose had told him the third, as yet untitled, album has been slated for 2012.

Recently, guitarist DJ Ashba has said that the next album is currently being discussed, stating that the band "has been throwing around a bunch of ideas" and joked that the next album "won't take as long" to release.[78] On April 20, 2011, Ashba said in an interview at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards that Guns N' Roses have been "working on new songs every day".[79] GN'R guitarist DJ Ashba says a new Guns N' Roses record is on the way and the songs Axl Rose has written are genius.

This is what he had to say to music reporter Nui Te Koha on Triple M Melbourne's Hot Breakfast:

"Axl has a lot of great songs up his sleeve. He probably has three albums worth of stuff recorded. The stuff I've heard… I've been up in his hotel room many nights and he just sits down at the piano and plays. I'm like 'this is amazing, people have to hear this song' and he's like "ah, this is something I'm tinkering on'."

Next albumIn an MTV phone interview with Kurt Loder in 1999, Rose said he and the then-new band had recorded enough material for a double album. In an informal chat with Rolling Stone magazine in February 2006, Rose stated the band had 32 songs in the works. While appearing on various fan message boards in December 2008 (after the release of Chinese Democracy, which was released in November of that year), he stated several working titles for a possible future album. Amongst the working titles confirmed: "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul" ("Soul Monster", formerly known as "Leave Me Alone"), "Atlas Shrugged", "Seven", "The General", "Thyme", "Ides of March", "Berlin" (formerly "Oklahoma"), "Zodiac", "Quick Song", and "Down by the Ocean"(co-written by original member Izzy Stradlin). During the chat, he mentioned the bridge of "Soul Monster" as the band's "most Black Sabbath" moment, and referred to it as "the meanest section of anything I've sung to date."[77] In a 2007 interview, Axl Rose's close friend Sebastian Bach stated "The General" had a "heavy" sound with "screaming vocals" and also said it was the sequel to the 1991 classic ballad "Estranged" from the album Use Your Illusion II. Bach also remarked that Chinese Democracy will be the first installment in a trilogy of new albums, and that Rose had told him the third, as yet untitled, album has been slated for 2012.

Recently, guitarist DJ Ashba has said that the next album is currently being discussed, stating that the band "has been throwing around a bunch of ideas" and joked that the next album "won't take as long" to release.[78] On April 20, 2011, Ashba said in an interview at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards that Guns N' Roses have been "working on new songs every day".[79] GN'R guitarist DJ Ashba says a new Guns N' Roses record is on the way and the songs Axl Rose has written are genius.

This is what he had to say to music reporter Nui Te Koha on Triple M Melbourne's Hot Breakfast:

"Axl has a lot of great songs up his sleeve. He probably has three albums worth of stuff recorded. The stuff I've heard… I've been up in his hotel room many nights and he just sits down at the piano and plays. I'm like 'this is amazing, people have to hear this song' and he's like "ah, this is something I'm tinkering on'."

Nicely done wasted!

There is also the possibility of a single coming out to precede the album.

Everyone seems to forget that the UYIs were toured before the albums were released.

It is very quiet on the band front at the moment. I hope that means that they are working on a release.

It is amazing that absolutley nothing has been leaked. Either they have shut right down or security is realllly tight!

I doubt it. The various hired hands are out their doing what they do that does not involve Axl.

Axl is probably more focused on the variosu legal going's on with Activision, and the ones we don't know about.

Edited by star

Of there was an album in the works, the leaks would have been showing up months ago :xmassrudolph:

Not really. The Red Hot Chili Pepper's single only leaked like - yesterday, and they have been working on the album for some time now. Have you heard any leaks from Metallica's album with Lou Reed? Did any of Lady GaGa's songs leak before official release? And these are bands the media are much more interested on than GnR. Leaks are usually done on purpose nowadays, and I don't think Axl really wants it.

why does everyone think there are more leaks. Has any hoarder ever come on here and insinuated that?

Maybe they released CD with that specific tracklisting because it had all the leaks. Axl would never admit it even if it were true.

If there is an album, i'm sure we would of heard something by now. Someone would tell. Not necisaraly a leak, but someone would of said "GNR have a new album"

Going by Chinese Democracy.

- The news about the Best Buy exclusive album release broke September 26 (8 weeks before). No date was revealed.

- The official press release came October 22, one month ahead.

- We already had Shackler's Revenge come with Rock Band 2, and the release of If The World with Body of Lies. So, we can say in this instance that we kind of knew something was brewing. Take those two away, and we first got knowledge of it 8 weeks ahead.

- As for "does an album exist?" I think we can safely say that there are songs, it's just the matter of sorting through and decide if there should be completely new ones as well on the next release.

See what happens by the end of summer and what GNR actually says by then..if anything. If it's a matter of DJ, Axl and other members of GNR contributing new parts to existing material, they could have new music out by the end of the year. The more new songs GNR puts out, the less AFD songs they'd do.

Springsteen and U2 had recorded a lot of material on certain albums, and in Bruce's case, "Nebraska" and "Born in the USA" were from the same timeframe, yet sound completely different from each other. Some "Darkness" leftovers wound up making 1/4 "The River". U2 had "Zooropa" left over from "Achtung Baby". Radiohead recorded "Kid A" and "Amnesiac" around the same time.

By the time they figure out what songs to use, it prob. won't be called "CD II."

Not a lot of people in music are all that encouraged to put new music out if it's not going to at least break even. Prince even said he's just going to take a break from recording new music because it's not worth his time and money putting something out that people are just going to download.

And I'm sure next time around, GNR aren't going to post the entire album. I'm pretty sure they lost half a million in sales because people just streamed & ripped it, never mind file share sites and the dude who put the advance copy out there.

If there is an album, i'm sure we would of heard something by now. Someone would tell. Not necisaraly a leak, but someone would of said "GNR have a new album"

Dude, technically Bach said it, DJ said it, Fernando said it, but the problem (to end any doubt) is that it hasn't been said by anyone who isn't obliged to kiss some ass.

Simply put, if Axl doesn't play anything new, what's the point? Okay sure, we get soundboard and pro shot quality video of the new band. Cool.

Correct,and who's to say they won't pull an unheard song out and surprise everyone.Enjoy the journey,I am. :)

if it's being streamed or pro shot whatever they might do something slightly diff, even if it's just Brazil related. I think if Axl wore a cape made out of the Brazilian flag that would be awesome. Then play The General and dedicate it to Brazilian supermodels.