I fuckin love Axl

D..

This video basically sums up why I love Axl so much (well part of):

Some idiots threw bottles at him, and he came back on stage totally STATIC, didn't move, and still sang the hell out of SoD, maybe one of his best vocals performance last year. And the rest of the band acted as if everything was normal hahahaha, I love it!

In your face dumb riot fuckheads! (i'm not insulting other people that were happy to watch GNR perform and didn't do anything)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreeAsAChild

Karri that is quite simply not true. I was up high and saw all the antics, including all of the band at the side of the stage while the gear was being set up and at least 10 maybe 15 bottles thrown during the first couple of songs.

Totally agree bout the vocals, they were epic after that haha! Stood still and belted it all out. Made for a bit of a different show than back in the RDS anyway.

This video basically sums up why I love Axl so much (well part of):

Some idiots threw bottles at him, and he came back on stage totally STATIC, didn't move, and still sang the hell out of SoD, maybe one of his best vocals performance last year. And the rest of the band acted as if everything was normal hahahaha, I love it!

In your face dumb riot fuckheads! (i'm not insulting other people that were happy to watch GNR perform and didn't do anything)

They threw bottles at him cos the dickhead pulled his usual shit and came on stupidly late then he embarrassed himself by sulking like a child and ruined the gig for about half the audience who'd paid hard earned money to see him. Bet you'd really love Axl if you were one of the people who weren't allowed back in the venue after Axl's bitch fit made half the crowd leave thinking the show was over! Yeah he was sooooooooooo awesome that night! :rolleyes:

Great vid.

Fuck those limey bastards...

Limeys? Your Geography's shit! But I guess that's only to be expected for a Yank! ;)

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

They threw bottles at him cos the dickhead pulled his usual shit and came on stupidly late then he embarrassed himself by sulking like a child and ruined the gig for about half the audience who'd paid hard earned money to see him.

OOOH I'm sorry, you were maybe expecting Santa Claus on stage and a thousand dollars paycheck on your way out?

Or maybe you wanted GNR to start on time like good kids and put on a half assed show like 99% of the other artists that you go watch that don't give a damn about touring & the fanbase and are just looking forward to paying their golden hot tub & diamond HD TV.

When you pay for a GNR ticket, you pay for a show with Axl Rose. You know what to expect. This is called rock n' roll, Axl fucks the establishment up in the ass, if you are working for a company that enslaves you then I'm sorry for you but it's time to get ideas and work on your own projects instead of being told what to do, I don't see how it's so horrible to wait 3 hours for your favourite band to start the show and making your way home at 2 am, I wasn't in my home country and it was 2 am when I first saw GNR live and I managed to come back alive :rofl-lol:

It seems to me that some so-called "fans" don't understand anything about rock, they think it's all going to be easy and nice, "Oooh it's written that the show will start at 8pm, so it must mean that it will start at 8pm! I'm gonna buy popcorn and wait for all of this to blow over and the show will finish at an appropriate hour so I can be all new and fresh tomorrow morning and offer a nice smile to my fellow comrades and we'll make lot of money!".

I hate shows that start right on time because usually nothing interesting happens, they don't give 100%. Axl gives 100%, that's all that matters to me.

Edited by D..

They threw bottles at him cos the dickhead pulled his usual shit and came on stupidly late then he embarrassed himself by sulking like a child and ruined the gig for about half the audience who'd paid hard earned money to see him.

OOOH I'm sorry, you were maybe expecting Santa Claus on stage and a thousand dollars paycheck on your way out?

Or maybe you wanted GNR to start on time like good kids and put on a half assed show like 99% of the other artists that you go watch that don't give a damn about touring & the fanbase and are just looking forward to paying their golden hot tub & diamond HD TV.

When you pay for a GNR ticket, you pay for a show with Axl Rose. You know what to expect. This is called rock n' roll, Axl fucks the establishment up the ass, if you are working for a company that enslaves you then I'm sorry for you but it's time to get ideas and work on your own projects instead of been told what to do, I don't see how it's so horrible to wait 3 hours for your favourite band to start the show and making your way home at 2 am, I wasn't in my home country and it was 2 am when I first saw GNR live and I managed to come back alive :rofl-lol:

It seems to me that some so-called "fans" don't understand anything about rock, they think it's all going to be easy and nice, "Oooh it's written that the show will start at 8pm, so it must mean that it will start at 8pm! I'm gonna buy popcorn and wait for all of this to blow over and the show will finish at an appropriate hour so I can be all new and fresh tomorrow morning and offer a nice smile to my fellow comrades and we'll make lot of money!".

I hate shows that start right on time because usually nothing interesting happens, they don't give 100%. Axl gives 100%, that's all that matters to me.

Typical nut swinger answer! Can't be wrong because Axl did it! I understand if you're happy to grab your ankles and take one up the 'arris whenever the whim takes him but 99% of other "rock stars" don't seem to have an issue with showing the fans a little respect so what makes Axl so special? I've been a fan of GnR since the beginning so don't tell me I'm not cos I have made arrangements for a late start when I've seen them in the past.

When I saw Neil Young he came on stage on time. Same with the Stones. Same with Paul McCartney. Same with Springsteen. Same with George Clinton. Same with Bob Dylan. Same with any number of other massive artists who blew that piano sulk out of the fucking water you "mother hubbard"! I've probably seen more bands than you've had wanks and rarely if ever have I had to wait over an hour after scheduled start time for anything other than a genuine reason!

You need to realise though that being late on purpose isn't rock and roll you "muddy funster" it's being a dick! Rock and roll isn't about fucking your fans over, it never has been and never will be! What has making your fans wait so long that half of them have to leave and can't see the show got to do with fucking the establishment? Idiot!

Also your little comment at the end about "it's worth waiting cos Axl always gives 100%" is just bad comedy. Is that what he was doing looking bored out of his mind, sitting on the piano and sulking like a bitch? Well I guess you're easily pleased then?

I love Guns, love Axl and will forgive him a lot of things but the persistent late starts are something I never have and never will understand. I don't understand why people would defend him for it but only a complete brain donor would ever say they thought it was a good thing.

Oh and as for the little personal dig about my "career etc" I've got a very good job that allows me a lot of freedom and is in fact paying for me to spend the best part of the next couple of months travelling from Canada to Mexico along the west coast including a good old stop over on sunset strip! Yeah I feel so enslaved! ;)

It doesn't bother me it's always a great night out. It is just like rock n' roll to be unpredictable, u never know what time the show may start. I understand people have problems with it, is it right for him to be late? Probably not but it is equally not right for people to get violent on the band or the crew.

If I showed up late for work I would not expect my customers to throw shit at me :confused:

Dazey Does Dallas would be great for you to speak without throwing insults at the band by way of high school name calling, just a thought :shrugs:

Edit: by the way my thoughts on the thread are that both parties were wrong this night, the fans who threw shit and Axl for not giving the others a fair show :thumbsup:

Edited by gunsguy

Dazey Does Dallas would be great for you to speak without throwing insults at the band by way of high school name calling, just a thought :shrugs:

Are you kidding? If you're referring to me insulting Axl then to be fair the insult was well deserved in the context of the Dublin gig and if you're referring to my reply to another poster then I wasn't the one to start the personal insults!

Edit. Though I've edited the original post for television.

When you pay for a GNR ticket, you pay for a show with Axl Rose. You know what to expect. This is called rock n' roll, Axl fucks the establishment up the ass, if you are working for a company that enslaves you then I'm sorry for you but it's time to get ideas and work on your own projects instead of been told what to do, I don't see how it's so horrible to wait 3 hours for your favourite band to start the show and making your way home at 2 am, I wasn't in my home country and it was 2 am when I first saw GNR live and I managed to come back alive :rofl-lol:

Typical nut swinger answer! Can't be wrong because Axl did it! I understand if you're happy to grab your ankles and take one up the 'arris whenever the whim takes him but 99% of other "rock stars" don't seem to have an issue with showing the fans a little respect so what makes Axl so special? I've been a fan of GnR since the beginning so don't tell me I'm not cos I have made arrangements for a late start when I've seen them in the past.

When I saw Neil Young he came on stage on time. Same with the Stones. Same with Paul McCartney. Same with Springsteen. Same with George Clinton. Same with Bob Dylan. Same with any number of other massive artists who blew that piano sulk out of the fucking water you fucking cock! I've probably seen more bands than you've had wanks and rarely if ever have I had to wait over an hour after scheduled start time for anything other than a genuine reason!

You need to realise though that being late on purpose isn't rock and roll you tool it's being a dick! Rock and roll isn't about fucking your fans over, it never has been and never will be! What has making your fans wait so long that half of them have to leave and can't see the show got to do with fucking the establishment? Idiot!

Also your little comment at the end about "it's worth waiting cos Axl always gives 100%" is just bad comedy. Is that what he was doing looking bored out of his mind, sitting on the piano and sulking like a bitch? Well I guess you're easily pleased then?

I love Guns, love Axl and will forgive him a lot of things but the persistent late starts are something I never have and never will understand. I don't understand why people would defend him for it but only a complete brain donor would ever say they thought it was a good thing.

Oh and as for the little personal dig about my "career etc" I've got a very good job that allows me a lot of freedom and is in fact paying for me to spend the best part of the next couple of months travelling from Canada to Mexico along the west coast including a good old stop over on sunset strip! Yeah I feel so enslaved! ;)

250px-RealTrollFace.jpg

@Gunsguy: I don't think it's wrong on this one, Axl isn't perfect, made mistakes like anyone else, but Axl did give Dublin one of his best vocals performances, so they didn't lose everything that night, it's not like Axl left the venue.

Are you kidding? If you're referring to me insulting Axl then to be fair the insult was well deserved in the context of the Dublin gig and if you're referring to my reply to another poster then I wasn't the one to start the personal insults!

Edit. Though I've edited the original post for television.

Rule #10: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=10531 and it doesn't say don't do it unless, just says don't do it...

just some friendly advice is all don't take it personal :)

Rule #10: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=10531 and it doesn't say don't do it unless, just says don't do it...

Yeah but rule #10 really isn't applicable in this context. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that Axl was sulking that night. We know he was made to go back on stage against his will and deliberately gave an under par performance. I don't see how that's bashing? I'll happily praise a great gig but one of the few things that actually piss me off about Axl is this topic and I find the idea of praising him for it just ludicrous! Dude I've followed the band since day 1 and I'll defend all sorts of shit to the hilt but there's nothing wrong with calling it as it is.

It's not bashing it's simply telling the truth. The fact that I love this band so much means I get passionate when Axl ruins things for himself for no reason cos I wanted that gig to take the fucking roof off and it didn't! I'm not gonna make excuses where they're not warranted but the next time I see something like This I Love in Calgary or the Far East gigs I'll be singing their praises from the highest steeple!

It's like the Reading debacle last year. I spent all night refreshing the gig thread until it crashed and I had to go to Pig Vomit's site to find out that what I was looking forward to as a triumphant return to my home country turned into a fucking farce! Dude that pisses me off! I've just dropped $7000 on a trip that was inspired by nothing more than a desire to spend time in the bars on Sunset where Guns first came from so you can see how I'm serious when I say I do love this band!

Showing up on-stage hours late is not rock n roll and its not dangerous.

And if it was then rock n roll would have died a long time ago because no fan of any band would have tolerated it. GnR deserve to be rated alongside of the Stones and Zeppelin but the difference is that two of those bands have secured their place in history. And one will be remembered for one great album and a fist full of missed opportunities.

*Disclaimer* - I didnt mention what era of GNR, or any past or current members. I just mean GNR as a whole so please no singer V guitarist BS.

Edited by spunko12345

Yeah but rule #10 really isn't applicable in this context. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that Axl was sulking that night. We know he was made to go back on stage against his will and deliberately gave an under par performance. I don't see how that's bashing? I'll happily praise a great gig but one of the few things that actually piss me off about Axl is this topic and I find the idea of praising him for it just ludicrous! Dude I've followed the band since day 1 and I'll defend all sorts of shit to the hilt but there's nothing wrong with calling it as it is. It's not bashing it's simply telling the truth. The fact that I love this band so much means I get passionate when Axl ruins things for himself for no reason cos I wanted that gig to take the fucking roof off and it didn't!

"dickhead" violates rule #10. And if it needs further discussion pm me

Edited by gunsguy

Yeah but rule #10 really isn't applicable in this context. There's nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that Axl was sulking that night. We know he was made to go back on stage against his will and deliberately gave an under par performance. I don't see how that's bashing? I'll happily praise a great gig but one of the few things that actually piss me off about Axl is this topic and I find the idea of praising him for it just ludicrous! Dude I've followed the band since day 1 and I'll defend all sorts of shit to the hilt but there's nothing wrong with calling it as it is. It's not bashing it's simply telling the truth. The fact that I love this band so much means I get passionate when Axl ruins things for himself for no reason cos I wanted that gig to take the fucking roof off and it didn't!

Define dickhead.

If I showed up late for work I would not expect my customers to throw shit at me :confused:

The difference being that I bet your customers didn't drop hundreds of dollars to come see you at work. It's really about time that they print on the tickets that the headliner won't be appearing till 11pm or later.

The difference being that I bet your customers didn't drop hundreds of dollars to come see you at work. It's really about time that they print on the tickets that the headliner won't be appearing till 11pm or later.

Some of my work is worth thousands, so me showing up late, I should expect a coffee to the head?

In the past Axl has referred to himself as "King Dick". So really, Dickhead isn't all that far off.

LOL

Some of my work is worth thousands, so me showing up late, I should expect a coffee to the head?

In the past Axl has referred to himself as "King Dick". So really, Dickhead isn't all that far off.

LOL

Do you work in a place where thousands of drunk people are regularly waiting for you to show up?

LOL

Do you work in a place where thousands of drunk people are regularly waiting for you to show up?

No but if I was a singer in a rock band I would consider the possibility that it might happen.

Sorry I realise that question wasn't directed at me but i think my answer is pertinent.

Edited by spunko12345