I fuckin love Axl

D..

Travelled 700 kms, paid 200 euros for an hotel room, waited 8 and a half hours ( outside and inside the venue ) for the band to show up, endured the fucking Murderdolls to see them, did not complain once because the show was amazing.

Who's the most selfish asshole between Axl Rose and the bottle thrower anyway ?

Edited by The Glow Inc.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The performance was great you have to give credit to Axl

He shows up regularly sing's great and can get past the few dickhead's in the crowd

It was a great performance regardless of the difficulties.

Reading was an unforgettable one,I thought the megaphone was hilarious.

Dazey Does Dallas would be great for you to speak without throwing insults at the band by way of high school name calling, just a thought :shrugs:

Are you kidding? If you're referring to me insulting Axl then to be fair the insult was well deserved in the context of the Dublin gig and if you're referring to my reply to another poster then I wasn't the one to start the personal insults!

Edit. Though I've edited the original post for television.

Rule #10: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=10531 and it doesn't say don't do it unless, just says don't do it...

just some friendly advice is all don't take it personal :)

ok since we are talking rules, then why is this thread allowed?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=177831

Travelled 700 kms, paid 200 euros for an hotel room, waited 8 and a half hours ( outside and inside the venue ) for the band to show up, endured the fucking Murderdolls to see them, did not complain once because the show was amazing.

Who's the most selfish asshole between Axl Rose and the bottle thrower anyway ?

Nobody that I know of put a gun to your head and forced you to undergo such an ordeal. :rolleyes: I enjoy my trips to see concerts, maybe you need a less strenuous hobby,like knitting? :lol:

Then don't fucking go,its real simple Mr.Punctuality.

Seen the Stones,been to a lot of gigs in a lot of different places over the years and I have preferred GNR.

Take your lame arguements elsewhere,because honestly I don't give a damn about your difficulties with the band.I don't have the same mindset and I've come back alive and even had a few adventures along the way. I won't throw any juvenille insults,but we obviosly do not share the same views.

I'm not saying I demand punctuality from anybody I just get pissed when there's no reason for fucking the fans over other than cos the singer can't be bothered to get on stage. If there's a problem with the stage setup fine, if the band are delayed getting to the venue fine but when the stage is ready, the band are fired up and we end up waiting an extra hour cos Axl's simply sitting backstage doing nothing I think anybody has a right to get pissed especially when that can mean they don't get to see a full show. Honestly the fuckin nut swinger mentality on here sometimes is mind boggling!

Reading was an unforgettable one,I thought the megaphone was hilarious.

Meh, I guess we really don't share the same views then. Personally I'd rather have seen them play Paradise City and actually finish the show but I guess that makes me boring eh?

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Nobody that I know of put a gun to your head and forced you to undergo such an ordeal. :rolleyes: I enjoy my trips to see concerts, maybe you need a less strenuous hobby,like knitting? :lol:

I know...Apart from heavy dehydratation, I enjoyed that trip and that concert very much. Wasn't complaining, was just making a comparison between what I went through to see Axl and Ron and the people that throw shit at the band because they showed up at 10:30 pm...

I know...Apart from heavy dehydratation, I enjoyed that trip and that concert very much. Wasn't complaining, was just making a comparison between what I went through to see Axl and Ron and the people that throw shit at the band because they showed up at 10:30 pm...

That is cool.Sorry if I misunderstood :thumbsup:

Meh, I guess we really don't share the same views then. Personally I'd rather have seen them play Paradise City and actually finish the show but I guess that makes me boring eh?

You've heard paradise city a thousand times before, some action and protest is sometimes more benefic.

Guest Len B'stard
No,don't twist my words.I don't think any band should put up with being targets,and the little chumps that do throw projectiles should have the holy shit beat out of them before they are uncerimoniously booted out. I don't attend concerts to have them fucked up by some kid who can't hold his liquor and thinks it would be cool to throw bottles,rocks,coins at the band.That is not why I'm there.

Maybe you should get another hobby. Y'know, like knitting or something..

It seems to me that some so-called "fans" don't understand anything about rock

oh that's a laugh,

I realize it seems like people just are too delicate for GNR attitude and all that, but a good lot of these people are old now, they got jobs and kids to get home to...

But they wanted to be there, they love the music, so you can't go "don't come then, stay home" because you're not gonna fill that place with just young kids.

Edited by moreblack

Cocaine was in full force that night in Dublin, I know because I saw a dude doing a bump in the toilet..

Axl killed pretty much any respect people had for him in Dublin that night, personally I think he was in the right but I'm biased. People did pay a lot of money for those tickets and a lot of them were hoping to get the last bus/train etc to get home, Ireland's fucked and people actually don't have money for Taxi's anymore.

I doubt GNR will ever come back to Ireland

That is fucked....if someone has no money for taxi then they shouldn't be going out lol

Yeah, I kinda said that at the time too but that's just how it is for quite a few people in Ireland right now, I was back in Ireland over the summer and people are just broke

Dude I have a job and three kids and the late starts don't bother me at all :shrugs:

Some people are just little pussies today...

Well all I can say is thank goodness for the likes of you. Imagine if people stopped bending over every time Axl decided to fuck em and stopped defending him against the indefensible those shows would be empty. If you were going on a date with somebody and you were supposed to pick them up at eight but they made you wait outside in the car for two hours so you missed your reservations you'd be a little upset but somehow when Axl does the same thing you love it cos it's all "rock n roll" :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

That is fucked....if someone has no money for taxi then they shouldn't be going out lol

Yeah, I kinda said that at the time too but that's just how it is for quite a few people in Ireland right now, I was back in Ireland over the summer and people are just broke

Except a lot of the time we're not talking about a Taxi ride around the corner. Last Guns show I went to was over an hours train ride from home. Luckily I had a hotel booked and the next day off work but if I'd had to get back on the night and missed the last train it would have been the equivalent of over $100 in a Taxi. Now whether you can afford it or not are you not within your rights to be pissed about having to pay that or leave the show early? The point that people just refuse to acknowledge is not that they shouldn't expect this shit cos most of the hardcore fans know what to expect it's simply something you accept as a GnR fan, but that's not the point at all.

The only point I'm trying to make is that Axl IS in the wrong when he does it and people who defend his behaviour are idiots plain and simple. Axl knows he's fucking his fans over by doing this, he knows all the problems he causes by doing this and he simply doesn't care which is what I find annoying! He's laughing at you pure and simple. All the people out front saying "oh this is so rock n roll" :rofl-lol: He's sat back stage mocking you, the guy is literally pissing his pants at how he can give the finger to all these people and have them defend him to the death for it! :rolleyes:

Guest Len B'stard

On the flipside, in defence of Axl, everybody ain't like, some love the stage type showman, its a helluva thing to get out in front of that many people every night. Ever get a shit haircut and then be like, OMG, how the fuck am i gonna walk outside and then when you get outside you realise no one actually gives a fuck and they're too busy getting on with their lives? Well in Axls case, people do give a fuck, he's gotta get out in front of arenas and occasionally stadiums full of people. Maybe he just can't do it right on cue, maybe he needs to get to a certain place mentality/physically before he gets out onstage. Yeah, its kinda kooky and you can turn around and go well if you're that...disturbed or fucked with by performing then maybe you shouldn't do it at all. And Axl has given me the impression sometimes that it is literally a case of that, as in a case of either wait for Axl or no Axl at all. I dunno, i just get the impression that it ain't a case of "i'm at home watching the Lakers i'll come on whenever the fuck i feel like, fuck you".

It's perfectly plausible too. A lot of people have extreme difficulty getting onstage, Keith Moon used to puke before he went out i hear. Point being, y'know, if he needs that time and if it's the difference between a Guns show and no Guns show, fuck it, i guess it comes with the territory.

That don't make it any less out of order to the fans i suppose but it is what it is. And i get the feeling that Axl, especially in the early days, had serious dilemmas before going onstage. Slash sort of hints at it a lot in his autobiography, that Axls in a different kind of headspace and doesn't always follow conventional logic/modes of thinking.

Also, Axl is from a time where, for instance when Axl was a kid, 70s or whatever, this was the done thing. People came on hours late, nobody gave a fuck, it was just the way bands worked. Charlie Watts has made mention of this in regards to The Stones and their touring in the 70s and how they had to wait and wait and wait for Keith and they did and nobody thought anything of it, it was just the way bands behaved.

And when Axl performs he really fucking performs, maybe he needs those 90 minutes, 2 hours beforehand to get himself where he needs to be mentally to have the bottle to get out onstage. Thats not an insult here either, you gotta kinda look at this shit with a little sensitivity, nerves, stage fright, its debilitating for some folks. It's an unnatural state of being, to be up in front of so many people, presenting yourself as a commodity, having to behave (perform) in a certain way to please/appease a lot of people. i've often wondered what goes through a performers head while they're doing this shit onstage, especially when you get older, it must take a helluva lotta resolve to keep that shit up.

For some people, performers as it were, its literally like a life or death thing and they have to get to a really really hanging by a hair place before they can actually take a deep breath say "fuck it!" to themselves and bound out onstage. Artists are kinda highly strung sensitive people, people go through hell before they get on up out there, Oliver McCall the boxer used to cry like a woman backstage, like floods of tears, Muhammad Ali would talk a lot and rile everybody up and do like a call and response thing, Keith Richards has to cut the crust on a Sheppards Pie, some people, before job interviews, have to stand in front of a mirror talking to themselves...now imagine being out on tour and having to go through something like that EVERY night or every other night. Must be hell on a person nervous system...and on top of that have to sing and perform in the way Axl does, keep your eye/mind on this, this and that over there.

This is why a lot of lead singers have their own dressing rooms and people think they're primadonnas and all that but...y'know, guitars can deal with this shit, bang out a line of coke or getting well pissed before you go out or...whatever y'know, they get to do that shit to deal with being out onstage, a singer can't do that...knock out a couple of grams of Charlie before going out onstage and there's your voice gone for a toss. So yeah, point being, there's two sides to every story, y'know?

On the flipside, in defence of Axl, everybody ain't like, some love the stage type showman, its a helluva thing to get out in front of that many people every night. Ever get a shit haircut and then be like, OMG, how the fuck am i gonna walk outside and then when you get outside you realise no one actually gives a fuck and they're too busy getting on with their lives? Well in Axls case, people do give a fuck, he's gotta get out in front of arenas and occasionally stadiums full of people. Maybe he just can't do it right on cue, maybe he needs to get to a certain place mentality/physically before he gets out onstage. Yeah, its kinda kooky and you can turn around and go well if you're that...disturbed or fucked with by performing then maybe you shouldn't do it at all. And Axl has given me the impression sometimes that it is literally a case of that, as in a case of either wait for Axl or no Axl at all. I dunno, i just get the impression that it ain't a case of "i'm at home watching the Lakers i'll come on whenever the fuck i feel like, fuck you".

It's perfectly plausible too. A lot of people have extreme difficulty getting onstage, Keith Moon used to puke before he went out i hear. Point being, y'know, if he needs that time and if it's the difference between a Guns show and no Guns show, fuck it, i guess it comes with the territory.

That don't make it any less out of order to the fans i suppose but it is what it is. And i get the feeling that Axl, especially in the early days, had serious dilemmas before going onstage. Slash sort of hints at it a lot in his autobiography, that Axls in a different kind of headspace and doesn't always follow conventional logic/modes of thinking.

Also, Axl is from a time where, for instance when Axl was a kid, 70s or whatever, this was the done thing. People came on hours late, nobody gave a fuck, it was just the way bands worked. Charlie Watts has made mention of this in regards to The Stones and their touring in the 70s and how they had to wait and wait and wait for Keith and they did and nobody thought anything of it, it was just the way bands behaved.

And when Axl performs he really fucking performs, maybe he needs those 90 minutes, 2 hours beforehand to get himself where he needs to be mentally to have the bottle to get out onstage. Thats not an insult here either, you gotta kinda look at this shit with a little sensitivity, nerves, stage fright, its debilitating for some folks. It's an unnatural state of being, to be up in front of so many people, presenting yourself as a commodity, having to behave (perform) in a certain way to please/appease a lot of people. i've often wondered what goes through a performers head while they're doing this shit onstage, especially when you get older, it must take a helluva lotta resolve to keep that shit up.

For some people, performers as it were, its literally like a life or death thing and they have to get to a really really hanging by a hair place before they can actually take a deep breath say "fuck it!" to themselves and bound out onstage. Artists are kinda highly strung sensitive people, people go through hell before they get on up out there, Oliver McCall the boxer used to cry like a woman backstage, like floods of tears, Muhammad Ali would talk a lot and rile everybody up and do like a call and response thing, Keith Richards has to cut the crust on a Sheppards Pie, some people, before job interviews, have to stand in front of a mirror talking to themselves...now imagine being out on tour and having to go through something like that EVERY night or every other night. Must be hell on a person nervous system...and on top of that have to sing and perform in the way Axl does, keep your eye/mind on this, this and that over there.

This is why a lot of lead singers have their own dressing rooms and people think they're primadonnas and all that but...y'know, guitars can deal with this shit, bang out a line of coke or getting well pissed before you go out or...whatever y'know, they get to do that shit to deal with being out onstage, a singer can't do that...knock out a couple of grams of Charlie before going out onstage and there's your voice gone for a toss. So yeah, point being, there's two sides to every story, y'know?

Fuckin' hell! Trust you you fucker! That's half a page of ammo for the nut swingers right there!

Guest Len B'stard

Fuckin' hell! Trust you you fucker! That's half a page of ammo for the nut swingers right there!

it's terribly presumptuous of me, i obviously don't know for sure but i do think thats it, i do think its a case of that or something like that. He's even bordered on saying it on a couple of occasions although, y'know, whoose gonna out and say something like that, no man with his pride is gonna say some shit like that but i just don't buy that he's sitting with his legs crossed, with a smoking jacket and fluffy slippers reading the FT and asking his minions to close the door cuz the shouts of ASSHOLE ASSHOLE are making him lose concentration and he's not going onstage until he's read it cover to cover :lol:

This is a person that like, did fucking regression therapy and shit...imagine going out onstage with a headful of that? Y'know when they make you like...mentally get down to the level of a child and attempt to strip away all the fuckin conditioned apprehensions and speak true and clear...so that afternoon you're on your shrinks carpetted floor, sucking your thumb and cooo-ing and in 6 hours you gotta get up onstage and act like a fuckin badman again.

Also, that speech/rant that he did before that one show or during that one show, i can't remember the fuckin details exactly but he goes on about his family in it, i think he's wearing a white jacket in it, i think, and he talks about like, how he can't be "WA-HEYYYY, Axll!! Rock n Roll, do coke!!" etc or whatever, i don't know the exact quote, anyway in that rant he kind of...i dunno, he gives me the impression of someone that...is constantly thinking. Y'know those people who can't fuckin enjoy themselves or have trouble enjoying themselves cuz they think and think and over think and chew shit over and question and dissect everything? i can kind of relate cuz i'm like that at times (no i'm not tryna draw parrallels between me and Axl :lol:) and Axl kind of...gives shades of that out? i.e. quotes from that rant:

You see, for me now, it aint about fucking doing cocaine, it aint about how much vodka i drink, and much i can drink someone else under the table, it aint about (puts on voice) "what a fucking macho man rock n' roller i can be." That shit don't work no more, that's great for little kid rock n' roll fucking bullshit but that don't work no more in the real world for my ass... i can't come up here and go "yeeeaah i'm baad, i'm a rock n roller, we're doing this rock n' roll thing" if my life is falling apart! I can't fake it no more...

Specifically the last line or so...seems like someone thats really kinda wrestled with their...function in life and the greater meaning in what they do. Point being someone that goes through intense mental...wrangles with themselves. I mean just the fact that he's onstage and performing to a sellout fucking crowd at the peak of their fame or what have you and whats on the guys mind is his family and the abuse he suffered as a kid and the fact that his "life is falling apart"....right there, onstage in front of tens of thousands of people, thats a hint right there for anyone sensitive enough to pick up on it, the guy goes through some shit, we ain't all wired the same.

And we can all relate, i don't give a shit how above that kind of thing people think they are. Ever send a text message cuz you just didn't wanna deal with having to talk with a given person? Now think about how many times you've done it and what your reasons were for not wanting to deal with that person...thats sort of a very very base analogy to try and explain something alone the lines of what the great ginger one might go through sometimes, point being, we can all understand some sort of variant version of what he goes through, it's a fundamental human response to pressure or percieved pressure. And hey, he gets out there in end, doesn't he?

And it ain't about nut swinging man, i just think it's our duty to try and understand our fellow man, everybody should get the same amount of slack, compassion don't work unless its compassion for all, maybe the man goes through some shit, just saying.

And yes, i'm a huge nut swinging fan :lol: Love the man, always have, always will. I don't agree with everything he does. Come to that, i don't agree with everything i do...he's still lead singer of one of my favoritestestestestestestestest bands ever, i've been a Guns n Roses fan for the majority of my life, love the guy.

Edited by sugaraylen

Except a lot of the time we're not talking about a Taxi ride around the corner. Last Guns show I went to was over an hours train ride from home. Luckily I had a hotel booked and the next day off work but if I'd had to get back on the night and missed the last train it would have been the equivalent of over $100 in a Taxi. Now whether you can afford it or not are you not within your rights to be pissed about having to pay that or leave the show early? The point that people just refuse to acknowledge is not that they shouldn't expect this shit cos most of the hardcore fans know what to expect it's simply something you accept as a GnR fan, but that's not the point at all.

The only point I'm trying to make is that Axl IS in the wrong when he does it and people who defend his behaviour are idiots plain and simple. Axl knows he's fucking his fans over by doing this, he knows all the problems he causes by doing this and he simply doesn't care which is what I find annoying! He's laughing at you pure and simple. All the people out front saying "oh this is so rock n roll" :rofl-lol: He's sat back stage mocking you, the guy is literally pissing his pants at how he can give the finger to all these people and have them defend him to the death for it! :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree. It's a hard one, Axl literally cannot afford to be late in a lot of countries these days, especially Ireland. Times are different and sadly rock shows can't go on till 12 or 1 anyone

sugaraylen that's a really good post

Guest Len B'stard

This video basically sums up why I love Axl so much (well part of):

Some idiots threw bottles at him, and he came back on stage totally STATIC, didn't move, and still sang the hell out of SoD, maybe one of his best vocals performance last year. And the rest of the band acted as if everything was normal hahahaha, I love it!

In your face dumb riot fuckheads! (i'm not insulting other people that were happy to watch GNR perform and didn't do anything)

They threw bottles at him cos the dickhead pulled his usual shit and came on stupidly late then he embarrassed himself by sulking like a child and ruined the gig for about half the audience who'd paid hard earned money to see him. Bet you'd really love Axl if you were one of the people who weren't allowed back in the venue after Axl's bitch fit made half the crowd leave thinking the show was over! Yeah he was sooooooooooo awesome that night! :rolleyes:

Great vid.

Fuck those limey bastards...

Limeys? Your Geography's shit! But I guess that's only to be expected for a Yank!

I'm not American you fuck.

Sorry I don't know your lingo. I don't speak Russian or whatever it is you speak...

Nevermind, you're still fluent in cunt ;)

Guest Len B'stard

This video basically sums up why I love Axl so much (well part of):

Some idiots threw bottles at him, and he came back on stage totally STATIC, didn't move, and still sang the hell out of SoD, maybe one of his best vocals performance last year. And the rest of the band acted as if everything was normal hahahaha, I love it!

In your face dumb riot fuckheads! (i'm not insulting other people that were happy to watch GNR perform and didn't do anything)

They threw bottles at him cos the dickhead pulled his usual shit and came on stupidly late then he embarrassed himself by sulking like a child and ruined the gig for about half the audience who'd paid hard earned money to see him. Bet you'd really love Axl if you were one of the people who weren't allowed back in the venue after Axl's bitch fit made half the crowd leave thinking the show was over! Yeah he was sooooooooooo awesome that night! :rolleyes:

Great vid.

Limeys? Your Geography's shit! But I guess that's only to be expected for a Yank!

Sorry I don't know your lingo. I don't speak Russian or whatever it is you speak...

Nevermind, you're still fluent in cunt ;)

I just looked up what it means.

So what? british/ Irish are the same fucking thing. I can't understand what the fuck either one is saying.

Don't push yourself too hard dear, as long as you can differentiate between a man and a woman i'm sure they'll sign the release forms.

Great vid.

Limeys? Your Geography's shit! But I guess that's only to be expected for a Yank! ;)

You called the Irish Limeys so I called you a Yank. You'll notice the knowing wink after my post no? You want me to explain the rest to you or have you caught up yet?

So what? british/ Irish are the same fucking thing. I can't understand what the fuck either one is saying.

Yeah British/Irish, Yanks/Canadians! It's all the same. God you're slow!

Just as Britain and Ireland are exactly the same. Y' know not completely different countries or anything?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic guys....

Okay back on topic! Axl embarrassed himself in Dublin! [/thread]