GNR to Re-Record CD2?

Nick85

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When nothing is said, people get paranoid. After Bumblefoot and Tommy told us not to hold our breaths, people got paranoid. When DJ said they're recording new songs, people say it's bullshit. When Tommy says they're gonna re-record CDII and eventually release it, people also get paranoid. I guess the only thing that could possibly make people happy is if Axl came here and told people they'll release the new album tomorrow.

Dj recording over buckets parts or even adding to it would be an insult to everthing music stands for.

He's good live, but don't let a 3 year old finger paint on picassos art.

Do you often shoot your mouth off about stuff you don't know about and then feel good about yourself?

"It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child." ~Pablo Picasso

No way DJ is going to record over Bucket's tracks. Ron maybe.

I really feel anyone re-recording another players parts is unfair both to the music and both players?

Fair enough if Axl wants to write new material with the new band.

But if Chi Dem is an interlocking opus split over 3 parts, I really don't see how a different set of musicians can recapture that vibe 10 years down the line?

No way DJ is going to record over Bucket's tracks. Ron maybe.

I really feel anyone re-recording another players parts is unfair both to the music and both players?

Fair enough if Axl wants to write new material with the new band.

But if Chi Dem is an interlocking opus split over 3 parts, I really don't see how a different set of musicians can recapture that vibe 10 years down the line?

EXACTLY.

Ron's already recorded stuff for the next album, but reinventing the wheel just to make Frank & DJ more involved in it seems like a tremendous waste of time and money. Like I said, it'd be cool for a few of the songs to feature DJ, like Ron did for CD. But redo them completely? Hell no.

Edited by sofine11

Then again if the new album is just old recorded songs I wouldn't advertise it as a 'new' GNR record. I know I don't wanna hear songs featuring vocal takes from 1999 and having the album consist of people who haven't even been in the band in years. IMO the best case scenario would be to write new material with the new band, rework some old ideas and use FRESH studio takes, none of this 10 year old copy/paste bullshit

This is what I don't understand; it took 8-10 years for GNR to finally put out Chinese Democracy. What makes anyone think they'd release another album 3 years later. I'm guessing maybe 2013 with 2015 much more likely.

Cheers,

Andrew

I doubt the entire album will be re-recorded. Just a few tracks here and there.

This would be fine with me, I just want something the new band has writing credits on.

Then we may have to wait until they write something. All this stuff from the rest of the CD sessions was probably written long before Ron/DJ/Frank came into the picture...

I doubt the entire album will be re-recorded. Just a few tracks here and there.

This would be fine with me, I just want something the new band has writing credits on.

Then we may have to wait until they write something. All this stuff from the rest of the CD sessions was probably written long before Ron/DJ/Frank came into the picture...

If there is one thing that being a Guns n' Roses fan has taught me, it's patience. As long as it's worth it, I'll wait.

I don't know if I believe he was actually hacked. Seems suspicious. Maybe a gag order, knowing Gn'R.

Honestly, he had a whole string of posts before and after the ones about Guns N' Roses. How could those all have been "real" but the other ones were the work of a hacker?

I don't know if I believe he was actually hacked. Seems suspicious. Maybe a gag order, knowing Gn'R.

Honestly, he had a whole string of posts before and after the ones about Guns N' Roses. How could those all have been "real" but the other ones were the work of a hacker?

A gag order? For what? Saying the next album is not in production? That there are songs that were recorded and not used on CD? Things that Ron has also said and we all know? I don't see how any of that would invoke the boundaries of a gag order and require deleting tweets.

Ali

Yeah, WTF?

Is this some kind of parody? Is Tommy making fun of Axl's Twitter hacking? I seriously thought it was some kind of joke first.

Either their passwords suck, Twitter is the unsafest big website ever, or something weird is going on, or all 3 options.

I think you might've just hit the nail on the head. This is just too coincidental for some 'serial-hacker'.