Axl Rose, you are GNR!

ITW 2012

Axl Rose, you are GNR! Please don't bother putting the current members on CD II. Just leave it as is with Bucket, Robin and Brain. Nobody outside the forums care whether the guys in the current touring lineup are on the next album or not. You are also making the album less organic by having guys come along and replace parts on songs that were already written by other people.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are Bucket, Robin and Brain fans that would rather hear his music. but Ron and DJ need to be given a chance.

plus, it makes no sense to put out the album full of recordings of people who aren't there anymore. That'd really make it seem like there is no band, it's just Axl and session musicians, and the touring band is just for live shows.

There are Bucket, Robin and Brain fans that would rather hear his music. but Ron and DJ need to be given a chance.

plus, it makes no sense to put out the album full of recordings of people who aren't there anymore. That'd really make it seem like there is no band, it's just Axl and session musicians, and the touring band is just for live shows.

Who does Axl think he is? Trent Reznor? Nine Inch Nails had more live band members than Guns N' Roses.

To me, getting to hear CDll with all of Robin's and Bucket's contributions will be ideal, but it's not like Bumble, DJ, and Fortus don't have what it takes to come up with something great, or at least we don't know.

In a perfect world we'll get CD2 'unharmed' lol and the next album after that will be a collaboration of the current line up.

Then again, if there is a CD2 and a CD3 I would want to hear Bucket and Robin on that as well.

I guess It gets complicated when you've heard something you like but just a part of it, so you want to hear more, and on the other side there's this kick ass band waiting, hoping and hungry to get in a room to write together.

I'll take whatever I can get, beggers can't be choosers yada... but Robin/Bucket/Brain material just makes me drool.

Edited by Rovim

Ron and DJ need to be given a chance.

No they don't. Go listen to their other projects.

I have and I think Ron is way better than Bucket. Robin and D.J both suck, so Axl could take them both off and let either Ron or Richard take over any of their parts.

Back to the O.P., The general public doesn't give a rat's ass if Bucket or Robin are on the album either.

Ron's solos sucked on Catcher in The Rye and Shackler's Revenge. We should have had a Bucket solo and a Brian May solo on those two respective songs. I just don't see the point in watering down the music in order to keep these guys happy. If they don't like just being touring guitarists then Axl should replace them.

Edited by ITW 2012

Dude, if done properly, rerecording an album can only take a few months. It's got nothing to do with the other members. If it were up to them, the album would be out. Axl's the who takes time...

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

To me, getting to hear CDll with all of Robin's and Bucket's contributions will be ideal, but it's not like Bumble, DJ, and Fortus don't have what it takes to come up with something great, or at least we don't know.

In a perfect world we'll get CD2 'unharmed' lol and the next album after that will a collaboration of the current line up.

Then again, if there is a CD2 and a CD3 I would want to hear Bucket and Robin on that as well.

I guess It gets complicated when you heard something you like but just a part of it, so you want to hear more, and on the other side there's this kick ass band waiting, hoping and hungry to get in a room to write together.

I'll take whatever I can get, beggers can't be choosers yada... but Robin/Bucket/Brain material just makes me drool.

The sad thing is, like another poster just said, we are the only people who give a shit who plays on all future records. I mean we have five perfectly good guitarists for CD II but we have two drummers too. Is Axl going to get Frank to replace Brain's drum tracks?

Ron's solos sucked on Catcher in The Rye and Shackler's Revenge. We should have had a Bucket solo and a Brian May solo on those two respective songs. I just don't see the point in watering down the music in order to keep these guys happy. If they don't like just being touring guitarists than Axl should replace them.

They were probably way better than what Bucket had since Ron improves on most of his other solos live.

Back to the O.P., The general public doesn't give a rat's ass if Bucket or Robin are on the album either.

They helped write the material though. It'll feel more organic having them on the album.

In my opinion to have the album be as organic as possible, I would say write new songs and use fresh studio takes. Cause nothing is less organic than taking songs with 10 year old vocal takes and musicians not even in the band anymore and advertise it as a new GNR record.

Ron's solos sucked on Catcher in The Rye and Shackler's Revenge. We should have had a Bucket solo and a Brian May solo on those two respective songs. I just don't see the point in watering down the music in order to keep these guys happy. If they don't like just being touring guitarists than Axl should replace them.

They were probably way better than what Bucket had since Ron improves on most of his other solos live.

LOL. Buckethead always wins in the poles against Ron. You are part of a very small minority of people who prefer Ron's non melodic shredding.

LOL. Buckethead always wins in the poles against Ron. You are part of a very small minority of people who prefer Ron's non melodic shredding.

Bucket's playing and solos mops the floor with Ron's.

Like I give a shit about the majority. I don't listen to Lady Gaga or Justin Beiber either.

Ron's solos sucked on Catcher in The Rye and Shackler's Revenge. We should have had a Bucket solo and a Brian May solo on those two respective songs. I just don't see the point in watering down the music in order to keep these guys happy. If they don't like just being touring guitarists then Axl should replace them.

I thought Ron's solos in Catcher and Shackler's were among the best on the entire album.

Ron's Shackler's Solo is awesome!

Ron's Shackler's Solo is awesome!

I just don't dig Elephant noises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M7bcz9M5Yg&feature=related

Anyway, let's get back on topic. I just think it's a complete waste of time and money for Axl to rerecord CD II with the current lineup.

And it wasn't a waste of time and money to take 14 years to release Chinese Democracy? Anyway, to me if "organic" is the sound you want I say if the album is going to be "new" then it should have fresh studio takes, not 10 year old ones