Does Axl not care about video cameras anymore?

Georgy Zhukov

Back in 1991 the crowd wasn't so over-saturated with video cameras and it was somewhat manageable. Nowadays it is inevitable to have a crowd filled with video cameras and phones, it is impossible to regulate it

Edited by WhazUp

No is that a tv show? Better vid would be like Heat, the band in masks taking down a bank.

cell phones in the air if you don't really care.

at this point we make the live DVDs and even the videos. I put my Miami Vice DVD on and listen to If The World.

Have you seen a preview for Drive yet? I'm thinking that could be the new Miami Vice ITW video.

No is that a tv show? Better vid would be like Heat, the band in masks taking down a bank.

at this point we make the live DVDs and even the videos. I put my Miami Vice DVD on and listen to If The World.

Have you seen a preview for Drive yet? I'm thinking that could be the new Miami Vice ITW video.

It's an upcoming movie about a guy who is a stunt driver by day and a getaway driver by night.

Overall, the CD project reminds me of Tron: Welcome to the Machine

Edited by ITW 2012

I think cellphones he knows that there's no point trying to do anything about but some dude with a proper video camera would be a different matter.

Xactly Dazey,with a cell the quality is compromised,it may make for nice memories or some kids utube acct. There is a vast ocean between cell phone shots and pro shot. Speaking of shots, why did you back off of TM? The guy is a scumbags,and it was entertaining watching you torment the chump.

I think cellphones he knows that there's no point trying to do anything about but some dude with a proper video camera would be a different matter.

Xactly Dazey,with a cell the quality is compromised,it may make for nice memories or some kids utube acct. There is a vast ocean between cell phone shots and pro shot. Speaking of shots, why did you back off of TM? The guy is a scumbags,and it was entertaining watching you torment the chump.

Big fella was crying like a little girl to the mods and I got suspended twice for picking on him. :(

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/7415-what-the-fuck-is-your-major-malfunction/

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Now I think Axl is like THX1138. He's trying to escape from the evil empire.

Scraped seems like a getaway drivers soundtrack. GNR needs to do a stunt car video. Travis Pastrama on the triple flip. that guy awesome he does everything humanly possible to put his life at risk.

It's an upcoming movie about a guy who is a stunt driver by day and a getaway driver by night.

Overall, the CD project reminds me of Tron: Welcome to the Machine

Countless videos on YouTube of recent shows demonstrates this. The video I posted recently was shot in full view of the security. He must have changed his mind about video cameras.

People used to sell bootlegs of videotaped concerts which would've pissed him off, but St Louis didn't happen because someone was videotaping the show. Even professional bootleggers aren't that stupid to be that close to where they draw attention. The bootlegs were a bigger deal when it came to unreleased songs... as mentioned on the Nassau 1991 concert bootleg after "November Rain". It's like having someone taking your journals and sharing them with everyone. Only reason why bands care about live shows not making it online is if they were planning on putting out a live album, which used to be a bigger deal, and of course there was the fact that a lot of shows have been tinkered with in the studio.

The videos are in the fans' hands, there's prob. no plans to sell a DVD of the past decades' worth of shows, no one's making money off of them, so he wouldn't and shouldn't care about that.

Most venues allow cameras now, so it would be a waste of time for Axl to complain. If it bothered him, he would walk off every show he performs in now.

Besides, Axl should allow his fans to take pictures of him. It's proof that he showed up for the show! lol

Countless videos on YouTube of recent shows demonstrates this. The video I posted recently was shot in full view of the security. He must have changed his mind about video cameras.

People used to sell bootlegs of videotaped concerts which would've pissed him off, but St Louis didn't happen because someone was videotaping the show. Even professional bootleggers aren't that stupid to be that close to where they draw attention. The bootlegs were a bigger deal when it came to unreleased songs... as mentioned on the Nassau 1991 concert bootleg after "November Rain". It's like having someone taking your journals and sharing them with everyone. Only reason why bands care about live shows not making it online is if they were planning on putting out a live album, which used to be a bigger deal, and of course there was the fact that a lot of shows have been tinkered with in the studio.

The videos are in the fans' hands, there's prob. no plans to sell a DVD of the past decades' worth of shows, no one's making money off of them, so he wouldn't and shouldn't care about that.

There was more to the St.Louis 91 gig,a motorcycle gang called the saddle tramps was shoving people around in the front,the Stump dude even continually distracted the band and insisted on handing up his fkn business card,security was not doing their job,the camera was the breaking point and shit went down.I did a rapid two step to the exit,it was time to go!

• 2 weeks later...

There was more to the St.Louis 91 gig,a motorcycle gang called the saddle tramps was shoving people around in the front,the Stump dude even continually distracted the band and insisted on handing up his fkn business card,security was not doing their job,the camera was the breaking point and shit went down.I did a rapid two step to the exit,it was time to go!

Someone should try to find this Stump and interview him. He prob.still has the pictures, unless Axl succeeded in getting the camera. Wonder if Axl and the management had to make a few calls to the Hells Angels to make sure GNR didn't get fucked with while they were on the road. I'm sure Axl was concerned that they were going to put a hit out on him, or threw some money their way to keep them happy.

In the old days, you had to find a way to sneak a video camera into a concert venue. But with technology today, all you need is your cell phone.

If you showed up to a concert with a video camera, or just a photo camera, yeah, of course you will not be allowed in with it. That is just the rule with every live event.

There is nothing you can do about people using their cell phones to record video and posting it online though. There is no way a concert venue can band cell phones. Everybody's got a cell phone!

In the old days, Axl just didn't want people bootlegging concerts and selling it for their own profit.

These days, with the Internet, it is very hard of bootleggers to make a profit. All it takes is one person to upload it, and the whole world can download it for free!

Probably as well, in today's Internet age, it's a good thing to have people posting concert videos on YouTube. It is free promotion and builds up your popularity status, ie. trending. So GnR is not that blind to understand the benefits of having fans upload convert videos from their cell phones.

Edited by gnrfan2007

In the old days, you had to find a way to sneak a video camera into a concert venue. But with technology today, all you need is your cell phone.

If you showed up to a concert with a video camera, or just a photo camera, yeah, of course you will not be allowed in with it. That is just the rule with every live event.

There is nothing you can do about people using their cell phones to record video and posting it online though. There is no way a concert venue can band cell phones. Everybody's got a cell phone!

In the old days, Axl just didn't want people bootlegging concerts and selling it for their own profit.

These days, with the Internet, it is very hard of bootleggers to make a profit. All it takes is one person to upload it, and the whole world can download it for free!

Probably as well, in today's Internet age, it's a good thing to have people posting concert videos on YouTube. It is free promotion and builds up your popularity status, ie. trending. So GnR is not that blind to understand the benefits of having fans upload convert videos from their cell phones.

Could you imagine the stuff GNR would've been saying on Twitter in 1991?