How many new songs do you think Axl will play at Rock in Rio?

ITW 2012

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be anticlimactic for them not to play new songs. And the event just seems to mean so much to Axl. I think it'll be a fantastic show. I expect he'll give a few heartfelt speeches too.

Do you know if the Jawsesque intro music they play is also part of The General?

Would the main part of the huge audience really notice if a new song was played or would they just figure it was something off of CD?

Axl could always introduce it as a new song. I remember he did an introduction for Silkworms at the 2001 RIR.

Edited by ITW 2012

Would the main part of the huge audience really notice if a new song was played or would they just figure it was something off of CD?

Axl could always introduce it as a new song. I remember he did an introduction for Silkworms at the 2001 RIR.

Yes of course. I was mostly reacting to the picture Gunns was painting.

Do you know if the Jawsesque intro music they play is also part of The General?

yeah I did check my post,

General can kick off Rio like it will with the CD2 tracklist

Edited by gunns5

I'd love them to go into the general from the general intro they've used throughout the tour.

The whole crowd would be goin "WtF"

I doubt the "whole crowd" is familiar with the intros being played on shows in 2010, nor the existence of a song called "the general", and I even doubt the whole crowd would know that The General, if it was played, was a new song and not just one of the CD songs, so I doubt they would go "WFT" at all. They'd probably just patiently wait for November Rain or Paradise City to start.

I guess 0 new songs will be played.

I doubt the "whole crowd" is familiar with the intros being played on shows in 2010, nor the existence of a song called "the general", and I even doubt the whole crowd would know that The General, if it was played, was a new song and not just one of the CD songs, so I doubt they would go "WFT" at all. They'd probably just patiently wait for November Rain or Paradise City to start.

I don't know about that.

Remember this is South America, the place where Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba and Frank Ferrer get stalked at their hotel and called by their names.

I suppose these fans have heard Chinese Democracy. :shrugs:

I don't know about that.

Remember this is South America, the place where Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba and Frank Ferrer get stalked at their hotel and called by their names.

All 70,000 of them on a festival?? Many of them aren't even there for GN'R.

I don't know about that.

All 70,000 of them on a festival?? Many of them aren't even there for GN'R.

You missed my whole point. When I said the whole crowd would go what the fuck, I meant that they would have no idea what it is nor would they know there being debuted a new song on such a big occasion.

They wouldn't be going WTF in amazement, that's my point

You missed my whole point. When I said the whole crowd would go what the fuck, I meant that they would have no idea what it is nor would they know there being debuted a new song on such a big occasion.

They wouldn't be going WTF in amazement, that's my point

Okay, but I still don't believe the whole crowd of 70,000 festival goers would go 'what the fuck!' from hearing a GN'R song they didn't recognize ;).

Some of them would realize it is a new song. And some of them again would be excited enough about that to experience a wft moment.

It is easy to project our thoughts and emotions unto the casual festival goers.

I expect none. But I hope they play like - 2 new songs! + TWAT and Estranged :tongue2:

I really hope they do play TWAT more often. It was KILLER in Hamilton last year, more people really deserve to hear it live.

I don't expect any new songs, but if we get any, I'll be happy. I would expect a couple older songs making it back in maybe. I really hope they bring back Think About You, it's one of my top 5 to see live.

Not expecting anything new but very much hoping so.

Would like to hear There was a Time and If the World, Prostitute would be killer, along with Estranged or Riad.

Really hope they play the CD songs they didn't play in Rio last year. Specially: TWAT, If The World, Shackler's Revenge and IRS.