Camden NJ, 11/26/2011

Ready2CrashandBurn

I am back from seeing Axl Rose. I have shit load of video. Security just didn't care about it!

I'm glad you enjoyed the GUNS N ROSES concert.

He used to care when people were selling audio/video. It's fan made/fan shared and gets to see it on You Tube the way he used to watch pro shot stuff back in the day. It'll never match a Blu Ray of the concert, and if he has no intention of hiring a crew to shoot one, this is what we're going to get.

Why be precious about a live gig? It's there for the people to enjoy, as long as you're not annoying people or blocking someone's view.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am back from seeing Axl Rose. I have shit load of video. Security just didn't care about it!

He used to care when people were selling audio/video. It's fan made/fan shared and gets to see it on You Tube the way he used to watch pro shot stuff back in the day. It'll never match a Blu Ray of the concert, and if he has no intention of hiring a crew to shoot one, this is what we're going to get.

Why be precious about a live gig? It's there for the people to enjoy, as long as you're not annoying people or blocking someone's view.

he isn't talking about focus on show or filming...

it's because the "Axl Rose" thing.... it's not Axl Rose it's GN'R

Dexter Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Shackler's Revenge

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)

Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney & Wings cover)

This I Love

Sonic Reducer (Dead Boys cover) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals)

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (Mi Amor)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Instrumental Jam (Another Brick in the Wall Pt. II)

Axl Rose Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/… more)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Theme)

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)

Nightrain

Instrumental Jam

Madagascar

Patience

Better

Paradise City

Source : Setlist.fm

Edited by bumblecool

he isn't talking about focus on show or filming...

it's because the "Axl Rose" thing.... it's not Axl Rose it's GN'R

Yeah, when some people log on here, they must be cursing that this isn't named the myaxlroseforum.

Tons of images at Getty images:

http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?query=z.i.H4sIAAAAAAAEAOy9B2AcSZYlJi9tynt_SvVK1-B0oQiAYBMk2JBAEOzBiM3mkuwdaUcjKasqgcplVmVdZhZAzO2dvPfee--999577733ujudTif33_8_XGZkAWz2zkrayZ4hgKrIHz9-fB8_In7dfLn91etf49f4NX6PX_dskV3kvyb9-pj-_xtdrJdNukzrqsmbX3OEj3-NX-fXuOH5Nc3PpK6q9mVWZ4vm19bPfi38f3cHv_7upv1vhn9-Y_r_r_fu9XVz-s7A-DW9v_nd7Nz8-mvq7wD3a2fnU9ul_wf6_DV3uMdF6950v_861Li0X9i_8N6vS3_UCws2_PPXx0e7-OvX488nFkbnb37tPIRi_2QoOxbKeQeK-5tfq0Mo9k-Gsmeh1B0o7m-iTG5e4j-YPL-GkmkXn_6G5mtMBtOWaJKvzKe_ZvDXr51PGvuN-YOJnTscvN9_rdw1937_tZvVyn6OPwyOv5V98XLqXnS__zpV7bGK_Yu_muT-V-YvPL_27Gppfv81zR_g6F-nWXvjCf76tfPMYeD_Qb-v_C_sH79uE0AL__y13z177viV_rBfZLWHm_fHb9RMq1X-ZL2clR4Rg08NwB8HnAc79_H7r0M8tLbNg79-nXktfwiF8JeB8DH9_9e69xC_Epc4ufH_-PVe5Fd50_4_AQAA___I5ldTNgQAAA..&sx=AllEditorial

457613491.jpg

134149093.jpg

134149056.jpg

134149037.jpg

134143918.jpg

134143899.jpg

134143889.jpg

Get more here:

http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?query=z.i.H4sIAAAAAAAEAOy9B2AcSZYlJi9tynt_SvVK1-B0oQiAYBMk2JBAEOzBiM3mkuwdaUcjKasqgcplVmVdZhZAzO2dvPfee--999577733ujudTif33_8_XGZkAWz2zkrayZ4hgKrIHz9-fB8_In7dfLn91etf49f4NX6PX_dskV3kvyb9-pj-_1terJdNukzrqsmbdJotZvny1xzh21_j1_k1bnh-TfMzqauqfZnV2aL5tfWzXwv_393Br7-7af-b4Z_fmP7_6717fd2cvjMwfk3vb343Oze__pr6O8D92tn51Hbp_4E-f80d7nHRujfd778ONS7tF_YvvPfr0h_1woIN__z18dEu_vr1-POJhdH5m187D6HYPxnKjoVy3oHi_ubX6hCK_ZOh7FkodQeK-5sok5uX-A8mz6-hZNrFp7-h-RqTwbQlmuQr8-mvGfz1a-eTxn5j_mBi5w4H7_dfK3fNvd9_7Wa1sp_jD4Pjb2VfvJy6F93vv05Ve6xi_-KvJrn_lfkLz689u1qa339N8wc4-tdp1t54gr9-7TxzGPh_0O8r_wv7x6_bBNDCP3_td8-eO36lP-wXWe3h5v3xGzXTapU_WS9npUfE4FMD8McB58HOffz-6xAPrW3z4K9fZ17LH0Ih_GUgfEz__7XuPcSvxCVObvw_fr0X-VXetP9PAAAA__-7_q33PQQAAA..&sx=AllEditorial

Edited by gunsguy

GNRSkidRow1 threw his IF THE WORLD shirt/sign and it landed on Axl's face. I lol'd

if the world/oh my god (front/back or vice versa) shirt/sign. I also wrote "Play Oh My God, Axl" on a sign (because we all know the band want to play for like 5 hrs a night and Axl's the one who "limits the show" to 2:45) but it got confiscated AS I WAS WALKING into the pit. Not at Security outside. Not at security getting the wristband

Edit: They also took any tophats (not sure if it's been mentioned already). GnRSkidRow1, Black Sabbath. little patience and GnRfanoldies were all cool fellas.

Edited by GnRDuff1

It's Guns N' Roses not the Axl Rose Band.

No, its Axl Rose with a very good backing band. I'm a huge GNR fan, but that stage is overblown with people and unless you go to multiple shows, I don't think you're really connecting with anyone up there. I thought they were talented musicians, they seemed very humorous at times, and looked like they were having a lot of fun up there, but (and I hate to sound cliche) if that was the original 5 or 6 guys onstage I would have been caring a whole lot more about what they were playing. Those solos were fun and at times very technically good, but thats pretty much it IMO.

Obviously its the same deal when I saw Slash live. He plays the songs on guitar great and thats really what I'm looking for. But it can't be ignored that Axl isn't there singing the material and I tend to focus my attention on the guitars rather than the band as a whole. I don't blame the guy, Axl does what he does by calling it GNR, but there were so many times last night where I was like "this solo during Brownstone (pick anything really) is good, but where's Axl on stage?" I have a feeling I wouldn't have been thinking that if you had the original guys. Not because the originals are more talented, it just always felt more communal and the fact that their presence was more upfront.

This is clearly just my view. Everyone's open to their own opinion but seeing this live last night really didn't change my views. I have a better view of Axl because I really thought he held his own and I'll obviously say I say Guns N Roses, but thats what listed on the ticket. In my head, I was there for Axl, and since its just him there now I can almost certainly say I won't be spending the money to see the show again. If it was the original band members, I'd probably see them everytime they were in my area. But IMO, I finally saw Axl Rose/can say I saw Guns N Roses and can cross that off my list of people I've wanted to see. If I haven't said enough, the show was extremely great and beyond fun, but obviously there would have been a different energy with the original band and that can't be replaced, although Axl does a good job with the hired players he has.

No, its Axl Rose with a very good backing band. I'm a huge GNR fan, but that stage is overblown with people and unless you go to multiple shows, I don't think you're really connecting with anyone up there. I thought they were talented musicians, they seemed very humorous at times, and looked like they were having a lot of fun up there, but (and I hate to sound cliche) if that was the original 5 or 6 guys onstage I would have been caring a whole lot more about what they were playing. Those solos were fun and at times very technically good, but thats pretty much it IMO.

Obviously its the same deal when I saw Slash live. He plays the songs on guitar great and thats really what I'm looking for. But it can't be ignored that Axl isn't there singing the material and I tend to focus my attention on the guitars rather than the band as a whole. I don't blame the guy, Axl does what he does by calling it GNR, but there were so many times last night where I was like "this solo during Brownstone (pick anything really) is good, but where's Axl on stage?" I have a feeling I wouldn't have been thinking that if you had the original guys. Not because the originals are more talented, it just always felt more communal and the fact that their presence was more upfront.

This is clearly just my view. Everyone's open to their own opinion but seeing this live last night really didn't change my views. I have a better view of Axl because I really thought he held his own and I'll obviously say I say Guns N Roses, but thats what listed on the ticket. In my head, I was there for Axl, and since its just him there now I can almost certainly say I won't be spending the money to see the show again. If it was the original band members, I'd probably see them everytime they were in my area. But IMO, I finally saw Axl Rose/can say I saw Guns N Roses and can cross that off my list of people I've wanted to see. If I haven't said enough, the show was extremely great and beyond fun, but obviously there would have been a different energy with the original band and that can't be replaced, although Axl does a good job with the hired players he has.

"And the MYGNRFORUM post of the year award goes to... "

"And the MYGNRFORUM post of the year award goes to... "

Hey, its just my view. I'm not trying to offend anyone. I was with someone at the show who'd seen the band 2 times before this and disagreed with me on a few points. Everyone has their opinions. It would certainly be immature to not accept it, and I highly doubt that there's no one that agrees with that.

No, its Axl Rose with a very good backing band.

It all depends on what gnr is to you. To some people Chinese Democracy is the guns they know, and the entire post original lineup era. They are not the only band to go through lineup changes. Think of bands like Maiden, Megadeth, Van Halen. Everyone has a different part of each band they enjoy most. Hell Mustaine wrote a good portion of Metallica's first album and got no credit and kicked out, lol. You could say metallica is nothing without burton, floyd is only floyd with syd barret, etc...

I understand the band started as a great collaboration of some awesome musicians, and that is what it is today. That is why I firmly believe Axl is in the right by keeping the name and continuing the legacy. I really do hope to see him and Slash together one day, but I can honestly say I am happy with the band I saw last night. That is the best live show I have ever seen, they are very tight now. Lets hope for some more CD sessions music and then maybe some reunion type thing.

Although I disagree with you on a lot of the points, that's a great post and I respect your view on the whole thing.

As you said, everyone's open to their own opinion.