Camden NJ, 11/26/2011

Ready2CrashandBurn

It's Guns N' Roses not the Axl Rose Band.

No, its Axl Rose with a very good backing band.

It all depends on what gnr is to you. To some people Chinese Democracy is the guns they know, and the entire post original lineup era. They are not the only band to go through lineup changes. Think of bands like Maiden, Megadeth, Van Halen. Everyone has a different part of each band they enjoy most. Hell Mustaine wrote a good portion of Metallica's first album and got no credit and kicked out, lol. You could say metallica is nothing without burton, floyd is only floyd with syd barret, etc...

I understand the band started as a great collaboration of some awesome musicians, and that is what it is today. That is why I firmly believe Axl is in the right by keeping the name and continuing the legacy. I really do hope to see him and Slash together one day, but I can honestly say I am happy with the band I saw last night. That is the best live show I have ever seen, they are very tight now. Lets hope for some more CD sessions music and then maybe some reunion type thing.

I can honestly say I AM a original GN'R supporter. But after seeing the band Live and seeing how great these guys really are. I have to say I like them alot.

They are really fan friendly (if not more than Axl) and really great musicians. Although I would love a reunion. I am now a supporter of Nuguns too. :thumbsup:

Edited by 31illusion

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL That guy heckling Axl around 3:18 was hilarious on that KOHD video.

Does anyone else think they drag knockin on like 4 mins too long?

:shrugs:

Yes. Then again, I never cared for the CD version. I fell in love with the live version from The Ritz. The CD version is overproduced and never matched the live version for me. The way they play it live now reminds me more of the CD than the Ritz for some reason, and it just kind of goes on and on. This would have been the one song I would have eliminated from the set in Minneapolis, and I would have replaced it with Civil War, IRS, My Michelle, or TWAT. That said, I think the masses would be really disappointed if they didn't play it, so I understand why it's on the set list.

I can honestly say I AM a original GN'R supporter. But after seeing the band Live and seeing how great there guys really are. I have to say I like them alot.

They are really fan friendly (if not more than Axl) and really great musicians. Although I would love a reunion. I am now a supporter of Nuguns too. :thumbsup:

That's really awesome :) There really is no reason why fans can't love both the old and the current line up. I'm glad you had such a great experience and that it actually made you like the new line up :) They really are amazing live.

I missed this comment, but my son (who was at the rail in the pit) said at the beginning Patience he heard Axl say something like like ' my manager and events coordinator can fuck off ' and ' I'm gonna need a whole lot of patience'. Anyone know what was going on?

I missed this comment, but my son (who was at the rail in the pit) said at the beginning Patience he heard Axl say something like like ' my manager and events coordinator can fuck off ' and ' I'm gonna need a whole lot of patience'. Anyone know what was going on?

No, that's completely backwards. It was more along the lines of: "This song is dedicated to our new management" and then he said something about someone saying something to him (jokingly) "I really hate the fucking both of you"

I couldn't make it out completely, but it shouldn't be hard to once some videos show up. It wasn't anything negative at all.

No, that's completely backwards. It was more along the lines of: "This song is dedicated to our new management" and then he said something about someone saying something to him (jokingly) "I really hate the fucking both of you"

I couldn't make it out completely, but it shouldn't be hard to once some videos show up. It wasn't anything negative at all.

Good to know it wasn't negative. Thanks for clarifying.

315089_206467506097861_149578221786790_462094_2067671648_n.jpg

Axl looks great but the toilet in the back ruins the shot though...

Yeah. And the seat's up, no surprise there.

Is it Axl's boots next to Richard in that backstage picture? They're awesome.

Wow Axl looks awesome in this photo! Happy and calm. This US tour looks like it's just what Axl needed to get his confidence back for the US fans.

So many awesome fan reviews. I hope Axl knows that he is welcomed back in the US and hopefully won't take too long to tour again.

I'm so happy this US tour has been positive for both GNR and we fans.

LOL That guy heckling Axl around 3:18 was hilarious on that KOHD video.

I can't hear you old F...., speak up old man! :shocked:

I Lol'd, allthough didn't want too.

Sorry for that, but I admit, I really did. :shrugs:

Edited by MBRose

Someone mentioned "Scraped" before , that wasn't played, although "Shackler's" was and it thoroughly kicked my ass. Opening band was alright, my wife dug them a lot more then I did. They didn't hit the stage till almost 9:30 ish if I remember correctly. By the time they wrapped up the wait for Guns was less then an hour, they hit the stage at 11:00 exactly. Walked off at 1:50 and now for the in between.

I can't stress how important it is that "Chinese" is the opener instead of "Jungle". It really shows you that he views this version of Guns just as much a band as old versions. When you see Axl lurking in the back of the stage waiting for his cue as DJ starts working up the intro, he looks like a shark sizing up his prey. And when he ran up to the middle and burst into the vocals, he devoured that crowd. And it was quite a crowd, totally filled in around 10 -10:30 and I would say about 90 percent full. I was in section 102 row X where some drunk cunt kept yelling during the opener at the top of her lungs. "Belt it out you hot bitch" was one of her lines, the rest of her arsenal consisted of just shouting "AXL" at blood curdling volumes. She was silenced by a group of people sitting near us.

I'm not sure if theres a better sting of songs to get a crowd white hot then "Jungle, Easy, and Brownstone", but if there is , then I've never come across it. Those are the reason half of the crowd is here so give them what they want early and often. After those 3 you have them in the palm of your hand and you can now give them something new and he did with "Sorry" . Although I thought the vocals on that one were a little shaky , I love what Frank has added drum wise in the fill before the chorus. Estranged was really as good as it gets and the highlight for me, it shut me up for ever worrying about how much power or rasp he uses in the second half of the song. It was perfect and I couldn't ask for more.

This is my third time seeing Guns since 2006 and I couldn't believe how many times Axl went back to the oxygen tank. Even more this time then last year when I saw them at Sweden Rock Festival. But whatever it takes to keep him going for close to 3 hours and keep him in top form i'll take it. That goes for all the solo spots too. Those are points of contention to some people but you can't have it both ways. If I have to watch the boys do their solo spots to give Axl a chance to catch a breather then so be it, no different then Slash's "godfather theme" or Duff doing "Attitude".

I wish I could make out what Axl was saying in between the songs more, he talked a little bit to the crowd but most of it I couldn't make heads or tails. Something like "Nice to see you guys tonight, nice to see this many of you showed". He stopped the guys up front that were fighting. When I saw the towel fly on his head mid song I was like , oh fuck it's over and done with. To his credit, he didn't flinch he just went on and didn't miss a beat. He dedicated "Patience" to his agent and manager who he said he "Really fucking hated right now" and Tommy agreed with that sentiment. Mentioned a few other things that other people will have to decipher.

On the way out I would guess that about 80 percent of the crowd was still there, which seems rare for this leg of the tour. I didn't seem a frown or a hear a bad comment on the way out, I think the band silenced a lot of skeptics in the Philly area. The stage was smaller then usual and no room for inflatables which at first was a let down. But once the lights and pyro hit it was totally overwhelming, the stage show didn't need any thing else. The vocals, when the crowd wasn't shouting every single line, were VERY good. Even "You Could Be Mine" sounded excellent. The band was smiling and enjoying each others company, and Axl ended saying "thank you , we love you, hope to see you soon, and get out of here safely".

THANK YOU GUNS N' F'N ROSES, TO OFTEN TO THINGS DISAPPOINT. YOU GUYS LIVE UP TO THE HYPE!!

Edited by uzi your illusion

Told my son your interpretation and but he insists Axl was pissed not joking. He could very well have been joking, but I think everyone likes a "pissed off" Axl, so he saw the event the way he wanted to see it. Post a video if you find one.

Someone mentioned "Scraped" before , that wasn't played, although "Shackler's" was and it thoroughly kicked my ass. Opening band was alright, my wife dug them a lot more then I did. They didn't hit the stage till almost 9:30 ish if I remember correctly. By the time they wrapped up the wait for Guns was less then an hour, they hit the stage at 11:00 exactly. Walked off at 1:50 and now for the in between.

I can't stress how important it is that "Chinese" is the opener instead of "Jungle". It really shows you that he views this version of Guns just as much a band as old versions. When you see Axl lurking in the back of the stage waiting for his cue as DJ starts working up the intro, he looks like a shark sizing up his prey. And when he ran up to the middle and burst into the vocals, he devoured that crowd. And it was quite a crowd, totally filled in around 10 -10:30 and I would say about 90 percent full. I was in section 102 row X where some drunk cunt kept yelling during the opener at the top of her lungs. "Belt it out you hot bitch" was one of her lines, the rest of her arsenal consisted of just shouting "AXL" at blood curdling volumes. She was silenced by a group of people sitting near us.

I'm not sure if theres a better sting of songs to get a crowd white hot then "Jungle, Easy, and Brownstone", but if there is , then I've never come across it. Those are the reason half of the crowd is here so give them what they want early and often. After those 3 you have them in the palm of your hand and you can now give them something new and he did with "Sorry" . Although I thought the vocals on that one were a little shaky , I love what Frank has added drum wise in the fill before the chorus. Estranged was really as good as it gets and the highlight for me, it shut me up for ever worrying about how much power or rasp he uses in the second half of the song. It was perfect and I couldn't ask for more.

This is my third time seeing Guns since 2006 and I couldn't believe how many times Axl went back to the oxygen tank. Even more this time then last year when I saw them at Sweden Rock Festival. But whatever it takes to keep him going for close to 3 hours and keep him in top form i'll take it. That goes for all the solo spots too. Those are points of contention to some people but you can't have it both ways. If I have to watch the boys do their solo spots to give Axl a chance to catch a breather then so be it, no different then Slash's "godfather theme" or Duff doing "Attitude".

I wish I could make out what Axl was saying in between the songs more, he talked a little bit to the crowd but most of it I couldn't make heads or tails. Something like "Nice to see you guys tonight, nice to see this many of you showed". He stopped the guys up front that were fighting. When I saw the towel fly on his head mid song I was like , oh fuck it's over and done with. To his credit, he didn't flinch he just went on and didn't miss a beat. He dedicated "Patience" to his agent and manager who he said he "Really fucking hated right now" and Tommy agreed with that sentiment. Mentioned a few other things that other people will have to decipher.

On the way out I would guess that about 80 percent of the crowd was still there, which seems rare for this leg of the tour. I didn't seem a frown or a hear a bad comment on the way out, I think the band silenced a lot of skeptics in the Philly area. The stage was smaller then usual and no room for inflatables which at first was a let down. But once the lights and pyro hit it was totally overwhelming, the stage show didn't need any thing else. The vocals, when the crowd wasn't shouting every single line, were VERY good. Even "You Could Be Mine" sounded excellent. The band was smiling and enjoying each others company, and Axl ended saying "thank you , we love you, hope to see you soon, and get out of here safely".

THANK YOU GUNS N' F'N ROSES, TO OFTEN TO THINGS DISAPPOINT. YOU GUYS LIVE UP TO THE HYPE!!

I really like the way you wrote your review. Thanks for posting it! Can't wait till Thursday!

Told my son your interpretation and but he insists Axl was pissed not joking. He could very well have been joking, but I think everyone likes a "pissed off" Axl, so he saw the event the way he wanted to see it. Post a video if you find one.

As I wrote in my review he def. said he "really fucking hated them right now" and then when Axl looked at Tommy, Tommy nodded his head in agreement and Axl said something along the lines of "Tommy does too" or something to that extent. It didn't come off as a joke at all but maybe the guys in the pit saw something that I couldn't make out. I thought i remember him saying something after that line about "happened last time the same way" or something close to that. But again I had a hard time making out his comments when he was talking to the crowd. Hope the review was helpful.

LOL I was fucking sure it was over and done with. The whole concert flashed before my eyes. I would of hunted down GunsandSkids personally and gotten even. I had my "Charlie Don't Surf" shirt on and got a ton of comments all night. Also I was right in front of the spot light that was centered at the stage and when I had my hands up with a peace sign or throwing the horns or just a number 1 it was right on the main video screen next to Axl all night. At one point I made it look like I was shaking his hand lol.

LOL I was fucking sure it was over and done with. The whole concert flashed before my eyes. I would of hunted down GunsandSkids personally and gotten even. I had my "Charlie Don't Surf" shirt on and got a ton of comments all night. Also I was right in front of the spot light that was centered at the stage and when I had my hands up with a peace sign or throwing the horns or just a number 1 it was right on the main video screen next to Axl all night. At one point I made it look like I was shaking his hand lol.

Chill out man I didn't mean to throw it right at his face. Axl wouldn't stop a concert if someone threw a fuckin' shirt at him, people do that all the time. By the way, I saw you standing outside the venue around 10:30 AM and asked you if you were there for the GNR show, and you said "No." What the fuck man?

Full show story to come later, but for now I will CONFIRM that Patience thing was a joke. Axl said "This next song goes out to our new manager and new agent, they're gonna need a lot of this (Patience). I really fuckin' hate you guys right now. Just a friendly joke between friends. See, Tommy just thanked me."

Case closed.

Chill out man I didn't mean to throw it right at his face. Axl wouldn't stop a concert if someone threw a fuckin' shirt at him, people do that all the time. By the way, I saw you standing outside the venue around 10:30 AM and asked you if you were there for the GNR show, and you said "No." What the fuck man?

Full show story to come later, but for now I will CONFIRM that Patience thing was a joke. Axl said "This next song goes out to our new manager and new agent, they're gonna need a lot of this (Patience). I really fuckin' hate you guys right now. Just a friendly joke between friends. See, Tommy just thanked me."

Case closed.

Yeah that was the quote.