Camden NJ, 11/26/2011

Ready2CrashandBurn

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It ended up not being a huge deal. My friends and I were near you most of the night and actually thought it would have been a great request. And it was definitely in a cool, you took your time manner that I thought he might acknowledge it. I had been telling my friends about my worries of being in the pit for fear that someone would throw a bottle and Axl would come out and attack me personally even though I did nothing LOL. So when I saw the shirt, my friends all turned to me and I put my head in my hands. Luckily Axl did nothing and just threw it to the ground but I could definitely say myself and at least one of my friends who has seen Axl several times thought this was going to be the end. Not to overhype it or anything, but it was just such a direct shot WHILE he was singing that I think its understandable people might have thought it could piss him off. Either way, in the end I'm just sad you didn't get the request. I think you just happened to throw it up there at the wrong time but either way, it ended up being the first thing I told my dad when I got home. "Someone hit Axl square in the face with a shirt and I'm still alive here to tell you the story!" Its all in good fun and luckily Axl seemed to be in that sort of mood. You still got to touch his hand at the end if I'm correct so it all seemed fine.

Did anyone else notice that he fucked up NR again? Went straight from "it's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain" to "do you need some time." And that's cutting almost a full minute from the song! Luckily unlike RIR the band quickly adapted.

Noticed it immediately. None of my friends did. Funny that I seemed to be the only one in my section screaming "We've been through this...!" and everyone looked at me like I was the one that had it wrong. I don't hold it against Axl or anything but it was immediately noticeable to me just because I really like that verse. Is it that he just forgets or that he's been cutting out the verse at shows recently?

Did anyone else notice that he fucked up NR again? Went straight from "it's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain" to "do you need some time." And that's cutting almost a full minute from the song! Luckily unlike RIR the band quickly adapted.

Noticed it immediately. None of my friends did. Funny that I seemed to be the only one in my section screaming "We've been through this...!" and everyone looked at me like I was the one that had it wrong. I don't hold it against Axl or anything but it was immediately noticeable to me just because I really like that verse. Is it that he just forgets or that he's been cutting out the verse at shows recently?

. A lot of brain cells fried over the yeas. Needs to use monitor more often.....it's there for a reason.

LOL I was fucking sure it was over and done with. The whole concert flashed before my eyes. I would of hunted down GunsandSkids personally and gotten even. I had my "Charlie Don't Surf" shirt on and got a ton of comments all night. Also I was right in front of the spot light that was centered at the stage and when I had my hands up with a peace sign or throwing the horns or just a number 1 it was right on the main video screen next to Axl all night. At one point I made it look like I was shaking his hand lol.

Are you the dude in Sect 122 last Friday?

Also, another funny thing happened during this show:

During one of the last songs, I think it might have been Patience or Better? I forget, but someone threw a $1 bill on stage and Axl picked it up, opened it to see what kind of a bill it was, shrugged, and put it in his pocket :lol:

gotta pay off the record company some how :xmassrudolph:

DSC04303.jpg

Alright guys. Once again, time for my story from the show.

Going to the concert with my Father this time, we got there around 10:30 AM. We drove into the parking lot and were told that the lots didn't open until 5 PM! Frustrated, we drove to the aquarium next door and just parked there. We walked over to the venue to find a bunch of locked, white doors outside. We walked a little, and I found two guys standing outside the venue. One with the "Charlie Don't Surf" shirt on (now I know it was 'uzi your illusion'). I asked if they were there to see GN'R, and they said "No." Liars. Anyway, we went and asked the security where we should wait, and found out that there were two entrances. We decided to wait at the "main" entrance, with the glass doors that lead right into the building. And oh yeah... we were the first ones there ;) . This time around, I brought one banner and one t-shirt. The banner said "OH MY GOD" and the t-shirt said "IF THE WORLD". We sat in front of the glass doors for a little while until a man walked out and said "I can't have you guys waitin' here, I got shit to set up." He was a real dick. We waited across the street until three more people showed up by the glass doors, standing around. We walked over and asked if they were there for the show. They all said yes, and the Brazilian woman waiting with her husband said "Hey, you were the first one in line at the Izod Center." I was like "Hell yeah :D " The other person, a girl, was just there for The Pretty Reckless, and left before GN'R came on. Can't believe she got there that early. Anyway, at this point, the security guy didn't seem to care that we were waiting by the glass doors. The "shit" he had to set up (the bicycle racks used to create lines) was not set up until around 5:30 anyway. With about seven of us waiting around (including forum member GnRDuff1, really cool guy) we decided to order a pizza! They took a while to deliver, but it was awesome. Unfortunately, there were many more people around when it got there and I felt kinda rude. And this time, to get free Monster, we had to walk over and get it ourselves.

Now, this is when shit started getting annoying. They split us into three lines. Two lines for regular general admission (just to make things quicker), and a "fast lane" general admission. I had no idea there was a "fast line", nor have I ever seen this happen before. Apparently, if you bought GA tickets with some Smartphone App, you get to go in the fast lane. It was about ten or fifteen people long, and suddenly, getting in line at 10:45 AM felt pointless. Those ten or fifteen people were allowed to go into the pit before us "regular" ticket holders. There they went, in before us. Not only that, but the people in the regular general admission line next to me were getting much faster than my line was... and I was the first one in the line! Stupid kid didn't know how to scan my ticket. Finally, I got in the place. We then had to go over to a table where one woman would write something on our ticket, and another woman would give us a wristband. It was absolutely. fucking. insane. It was just a big mob of people pushing, yelling, arguing, the women were freaking out shouting "NO ONE'S GOING IN IF YOU DON'T FORM A SINGLE-FILE LINE!!!" Then, we found out that they would not be opening the doors into the pit for an HOUR. So this mob of people had to wait in the building, but outside of the pit for an hour. It was crazy. And when that hour was finally over, it got even crazier. They wanted to let people in one-by-one, but once again, everyone was pushing and shoving and yelling. Finally, we got in there, front row and a little to the right.

DSC04293.jpg

The red hand and Mao were nowhere in sight. This place was too small for them. It was pretty cool how small it was, actually. Just like East Rutherford, I saw Del James walk out on stage when they were setting up and yelled "DEL!!" He replied with the same devil-horns \\m// as last time. A little while later, I saw Frank standing on the side of the stage, holding hands with a woman. I waved, and he waved right back. And then, Bumblefoot came out on stage, standing next to one of the amps. Everyone could see him, so we were all going crazy. Here's the best pic I could get of him:

DSC04295-1.jpg

After 9:00, The Pretty Reckless came out. They were really good. Personally, I thought the drummer was fucking outstanding. Everyone else was focused on the singer and how attractive they thought she was. The whole time, Black Sabbath and I were trying to figure out how to get him over to where I was standing, because he didn't like the people around him. After about a half hour of debating, he finally decided to come over and chill with GnRDuff1, my father, and I.

Right at 11:00, once again, the Dexter music started. This was an awesome crowd, and a "GUNS! N! ROSES!" chant started right after Dexter did. Then the Chinese Democracy intro started and DJ did the devil-horns, then played those badass chords.

Bumblefoot left the stage for the second half of Welcome To The Jungle, no one knows why. The three songs went by, and then... yes. I did it. During Mr. Brownstone, I threw my "IF THE WORLD" shirt right at Axl, and it landed on his head. He didn't read it, and just threw it on the stage. Oh well! I wasn't gonna try anything with the "OH MY GOD" banner after that. Since the security was less strict here, I got the entire video of Sorry:

Then came Shackler's Revenge. Right next to me, there was a guy trying to push and shove and get to the front. This other big guy, who was actually pretty cool, told him to stop and that he wasn't going to get past him. The guy pushing was like "I'll fuckin' get in front of you if I fuckin' want to!" And there was all this arguing, verbally and physically. While videoing, I tried to focus mostly on the band. But at the end, Axl addresses the situation. I give you, Shackler's Revenge:

I didn't see any inflatable dolphins during Estranged, but it was a kickass performance. After that, Axl gave Frank a signal. I immediately turned to Black Sabbath and was like "Dude, it's gotta be Scraped!" Turns out, it was Rocket Queen. Still, an awesome performance. Then, Richard did the James Bond Theme. I love rocking out to that song live. At the end, he threw a pick right near us, and it fell to the ground. Everyone was scattering around looking for it, so I decided I'd give it a shot. Within two seconds, I found it :lol: . It was right in front of me. My second Richard pick! (First one was at East Rutherford when I had the "HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD")

For Tommy's song, I was hoping for My Generation, but we Sonic Reducer. Not really a song that I'm familiar with, but cool nonetheless. Baba O'Riley rocked, as did Street of Dreams. After You Could Be Mine, DJ came out and played Mi Amor. I was happy he played that one, because he played The Ballad of Death in East Rutherford. Everyone thought he was awesome. After Sweet Child O' Mine, they brought out the piano.

Axl fucked up November Rain. He skipped a good chunk of the song, and mostly everyone noticed. Everyone around me, anyway. Also, the band seemed a little confused and had to pick up where he was. It wasn't a huge deal though. Someone posted a video on here earlier, I believe. Then the fun came.

Axl explained how Bumblefoot was from New Jersey, and Bumblefoot yelled right in his face "AYY! AYY!" and then into Axl's mic. He's making fun of how New Jersey people talk. He came out right in front of us, and I yelled "PINK PANTHER!!!" and he was like "YEAH!" and we all just kept yelling to him. He did his usual clap-along thing, and I yelled "ON THE BEAT!!" and then he said his catchphrase "Don't fuck me up!" So great. Towards the end of the song, my Dad stroked his beard into two parts like Bumblefoot's, and Bumblefoot did the same thing right back. After the song was over, he came out and decided to do a little something different before Don't Cry. He said "Repeat after me" into the microphone. He then played a few notes on the guitar, and we all sang back on "Whoa oh oh..." etc. He kept playing a few notes at a time, and they kept getting higher and higher. At the end, he played this really, really high note and listened to hear if people sang it. He had a disappointed look on his face, until he heard me. I was the only one around who could reach the really high note that he played, and Bumblefoot just had a :o look on his face. He pointed right at me, smiled and gave me a round of applause. It was so awesome. He then played Don't Cry.

Whole Lotta Rosie was crazy. During the song, my father threw a dollar bill on stage for Axl. Later in the song, DJ came down in between the stage and the crowd right in front of me. He let us play his guitar. He then got closer and stood up high... he was right there. Literally less than an inch from me for like thirty seconds. So awesome playing his guitar. At the end of the song, Bumblefoot reached his guitar down into the crowd for the front-row-center people to play. And, since he liked me, he picked it up and moved it over to the right so I could play it as well. I love playing their guitars!

Knockin' On Heaven's Door is always awesome live, but Axl forgot to come back out and sing most of one of the choruses. Luckily, everyone's got a mic so it was alright.

When Bumblefoot came out to begin the pre-Madagascar jam, I, once again yelled "I LOVE YOU BUMBLEFOOT!" and he yelled back "Love you too brotha!" It was an exact repeat of East Rutherford, and Black Sabbath was just like "You're two for two man!"

DJ played drums with Frank again on Madagascar, and played his guitar like a violin with the drumsticks. He threw them out to people. Axl held out the "Oh, ohohoh" really long right before the Medley/Richard solo, and then mouthed "I'm gonna tell you a story".

Before Patience, Bumblefoot and Richard played a nice acoustic jam. Richard sat right in front of my father and I, he looked SO tired. I already posted about this part, but I'll say it again. The Patience thing was a joke. Before they played the song, Axl said "This next song goes out to our new manager and new agent, they're gonna need a lot of this (Patience). I really fuckin' hate you guys right now. Just a friendly joke between friends. See, Tommy just thanked me."

I really thought they were gonna played Paradise City next, but then Axl came center-stage. They played Better. I thought that was awesome. During this song, Axl finally saw my father's dollar bill. He picked it up, opened it, shrugged, and smiled. He then put the bill in his pocket. We thought that was so cool. And hilarious.

After Paradise City, Axl did something he rarely does. He stepped out, over the monitors, and shook peoples' hands that were in the front row. My Dad got close enough and shook Axl's hand, but I, sadly, did not. I was really close though. After the band took their bows, they came forward, and Bumbefoot kneeled down to our section and shook our hands. He loved us.

Another awesome show.

I forget which song it was, but this time, DJ got in the way of Bumblefoot's guitar pedal. DJ was playing a solo, and Bumblefoot was right behind him and yelled "HEY!!!" trying to get him to move. He did, just in time, but Bumblefoot couldn't help but give him a joking "CAMANN!" look.

Just one more thing, I thought Tommy looked awesome in this red jacket:

tommy-1.jpg

Yup. Fantastic review. I was behind/next to you guys the whole night and you explained how all that stuff went down better than I could have. The only thing I believed you missed, and might not have seen, was during November Rain some guy did a belly flop from god knows where (maybe the back of the pit) and landed right on his face. The crowd dispersed and it made a huge hole which was quickly filled with others running up closer to the stage. It didn't seem like anyone knew exactly what happened there but I just figured I'd throw it out there.

Oh that's what happened there? I remember seeing the big circle but I had no idea what happened. Where did he come from? :lol:

I saw the whole thing but don't know how it happened. I turned around and all of the sudden there was a guy in the air (looking like he came from the back of the pit) and just fell to the ground as everyone moved out of his way. To me, it sort of looked like if someone got onstage for a stage dive and no one caught them :lol: . In retrospect, it did look like crowd surfing at first so maybe he was being held up and just got dropped? Anyway, whatever it was, it confused the hell out of everybody that saw it, but the guy miraculously seemed fine so I just got back to enjoying November Rain, which totally smoked at the end. Obviously I was looking forward to the solo, but the pyro was a nice touch and I'm not a huge pyro fan.

You got the wrong guy GunsandSkids. I got there around 8 with my wife, could it be that there were 2 people with "Charlie Don't Surf" shirts at a GNR SHOW? I would never cover up the fact I was a GNR fan. As for one last comment on the shirt, the comment about getting even was meant in good fun. But if this was the 2006 Axl and mid way through a song while he's singing he gets a shirt thrown over his head, he for sure stops the song. Hopefully not the show. Anyways , great show, great review and pics by GunsandSkids and Black Sabbath. I saw him pick up the Dollar and pocket it , that was great. I was the guy in section 102 row X for the guy who was asking.

So what can we gather from this?

Well, it would appear that the new management team are eager to get SOMETHING going that Axl is resisting. You would think it would be a new album since if it was reunion pressure he'd probably already be fired. I get the vibe the manager is trying to pressure Axl to release more music but, of course, Axl is resisting for reasons no human will ever fully understand. That is why he is saying management need "patience" even though from an outside perspective it's like "dude, you have all this music, release it!"

I think if this manager gets fired within the next 6 months to a year there will definitely NOT be new music for years to come.

I think all we can make of it is that Axl and Guns have a new manager and agent. Something that he's had numerous times in the last few years. Who changes management as much as him? So if anything maybe they are pushing him like you said but they can't be the first management to coax him into releasing more material can they? It's going to come down to the same thing it always comes down to. Does Axl wanna release more? It seems as of now , and he stated this, that he is more concerned with "working Chinese" for the time being.

Then came Shackler's Revenge. Right next to me, there was a guy trying to push and shove and get to the front. This other big guy, who was actually pretty cool, told him to stop and that he wasn't going to get past him. The guy pushing was like "I'll fuckin' get in front of you if I fuckin' want to!" And there was all this arguing, verbally and physically. While videoing, I tried to focus mostly on the band. But at the end, Axl addresses the situation. I give you, Shackler's Revenge:

the big dude who worked security for the Susquehanna center for 3 years? Yeah he was cool. Stank though. Sweat all over my shoulder. Unfortunately, he was spouting a bunch of misinformation the whole night and it was getting to me (it shouldn't have, i know, but still). He was saying that Axl threw the mic down during WTTJ in 2002, so there was a riot, and that he just no-showed in 06, and now he's back. Once would have been fine, but it was over and over and over again. But yeah the dude who got kicked out was totally drunk and being fucking rude.

You got the wrong guy GunsandSkids. I got there around 8 with my wife, could it be that there were 2 people with "Charlie Don't Surf" shirts at a GNR SHOW? I would never cover up the fact I was a GNR fan. As for one last comment on the shirt, the comment about getting even was meant in good fun. But if this was the 2006 Axl and mid way through a song while he's singing he gets a shirt thrown over his head, he for sure stops the song. Hopefully not the show. Anyways , great show, great review and pics by GunsandSkids and Black Sabbath. I saw him pick up the Dollar and pocket it , that was great. I was the guy in section 102 row X for the guy who was asking.

Ah, my apologies. The guy I talked to when I got there, though... I saw him in the concert. Don't know why he said he wasn't going

Ha thats funny. I remember you. I was in the same row and said nice shirt lol

I was wearing the CD starts now gas mask shirt from the 2002 tour

SHow was great

Also shook Pitmans hand before the show. He was walking around amonst the crowd. Cool dude. Brief convo though he was w his wife

Review... seems like he can't count well as he only counted two guitarists:

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2011/11/28/axl-rose-shows-up-for-concert/

Axl Rose Shows Up at His Own Concert in Camden

Unfortunately, the Guns N’ Roses frontman showing up is less exciting than him not showing up

By Victor Fiorillo 11/28/2011

The last time 11 p.m. rolled around at a Philly-area Guns N’ Roses show with no sign of Guns N’ Roses, unrest was in the air. It was December 6, 2002, and some version of Axl’s band had managed to sell out the 17,500-seat First Union Center (now Wells Fargo Center) more than a decade after releasing any notable material. When word came shortly after 11 that Axl had decided to take the night off, fans rioted, destroying sound equipment and leading to the hospitalization of several people. Promoters canceled the remainder of the tour.

On Saturday night at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, the mood was decidedly calmer, even when Axl and friends took the stage at 11 p.m. sharp with pyrotechnics and the 1987 breakthrough hit “Welcome to the Jungle.” The 6,500-seat venue was almost full, though nearly a quarter of those in attendance got their tickets for free. Prior to the start, there were no “Guns. And. Roses!” chants, no fights, no unruly behavior of any kind. Just a lot of well-behaved people drinking a lot of beer. $12 beer.

The current tour got off to a seriously rocky start in October when Guns N’ Roses headlined Brazil’s Rock In Rio festival. They didn’t take the stage until 2:40 a.m., the production was rife with technical issues, Axl botched the lyrics to some of his most memorable songs, and, perhaps worst of all for the rock-and-roll image, he seemed bloated and fat. (Yellow is so not your color, my man.)

But other than a lame, unappreciative crowd (and an even lamer light show and video projection element, which seemed like a middle-school project rather than state-of-the-art animations and graphics), there was little to complain about at the Camden performance.

A leaner-than-Rio Axl blazed through all of the hits, including the often underrated “Estranged” (here’s live video of that tune), as well as a hefty amount of material from 2008′s Chinese Democracy, one of the most expensive albums ever made and a commercial disaster. Fans used the Democracy spots in the set list (and the drawn-out, indulgent instrumentalist solos that are obligatory in a two-and-a-half hour rock concert) as opportunities to get beer, use the bathroom, or catch a smoke outside.

The highlight came mid-show after “Sweet Child O’ Mine.” The band’s two guitarists (Slash is long gone) traded licks from Pink Floyd’s “Another Brick In the Wall Part I” before a Monster-swilling Axl appeared at a grand piano, leading into “Another Brick In the Wall Part II” (aka “We Don’t Need No Education”). The crowd halfheartedly sang along. Axl abruptly cut short that song, played a little bit of Elton John’s “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” followed by even less of Sir Elton’s “Someone Saved My Life Tonight” before eventually landing on the nine-minute “November Rain.” “Epic!” texted a friend also in attendance, and he was right.

Axl Rose may be as crazy as they say he is, but the man wrote some great songs and performed them well on Saturday night. But short of a full scale Guns N’ Roses reunion, which has been hinted at in light of the original lineup’s nomination to the 2012 Rock Hall of Fame (Sammy Hagar wants to manage them), there’s little chance that he’ll ever be coming back here again.

Edited by mustaine

I've heard nothing but good reviews of this show. I was there, and the crowd and the energy levels were better than the other two shows I was at (Wilkes, Rutherford)....the crowd was rabid, in fact! But I guess I had to expect a bad review in the Philly area.

I hope they do this all over again next Summer, but I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Wow what a prick. Thought the crowd was pretty cool, you gotta realize Axl is 50 now a good portion of their following is a bit older as well. Im glad its not a fire starting, moshing, trampling affair anymore, I got over that shit when I was 19.

Strange review because the writer indicates having a good time but puts such a negative tone on the article.

DSC04303.jpg

Alright guys. Once again, time for my story from the show.

Going to the concert with my Father this time, we got there around 10:30 AM. We drove into the parking lot and were told that the lots didn't open until 5 PM! Frustrated, we drove to the aquarium next door and just parked there. We walked over to the venue to find a bunch of locked, white doors outside. We walked a little, and I found two guys standing outside the venue. One with the "Charlie Don't Surf" shirt on (now I know it was 'uzi your illusion'). I asked if they were there to see GN'R, and they said "No." Liars. Anyway, we went and asked the security where we should wait, and found out that there were two entrances. We decided to wait at the "main" entrance, with the glass doors that lead right into the building. And oh yeah... we were the first ones there ;) . This time around, I brought one banner and one t-shirt. The banner said "OH MY GOD" and the t-shirt said "IF THE WORLD". We sat in front of the glass doors for a little while until a man walked out and said "I can't have you guys waitin' here, I got shit to set up." He was a real dick. We waited across the street until three more people showed up by the glass doors, standing around. We walked over and asked if they were there for the show. They all said yes, and the Brazilian woman waiting with her husband said "Hey, you were the first one in line at the Izod Center." I was like "Hell yeah :D " The other person, a girl, was just there for The Pretty Reckless, and left before GN'R came on. Can't believe she got there that early. Anyway, at this point, the security guy didn't seem to care that we were waiting by the glass doors. The "shit" he had to set up (the bicycle racks used to create lines) was not set up until around 5:30 anyway. With about seven of us waiting around (including forum member GnRDuff1, really cool guy) we decided to order a pizza! They took a while to deliver, but it was awesome. Unfortunately, there were many more people around when it got there and I felt kinda rude. And this time, to get free Monster, we had to walk over and get it ourselves.

Now, this is when shit started getting annoying. They split us into three lines. Two lines for regular general admission (just to make things quicker), and a "fast lane" general admission. I had no idea there was a "fast line", nor have I ever seen this happen before. Apparently, if you bought GA tickets with some Smartphone App, you get to go in the fast lane. It was about ten or fifteen people long, and suddenly, getting in line at 10:45 AM felt pointless. Those ten or fifteen people were allowed to go into the pit before us "regular" ticket holders. There they went, in before us. Not only that, but the people in the regular general admission line next to me were getting much faster than my line was... and I was the first one in the line! Stupid kid didn't know how to scan my ticket. Finally, I got in the place. We then had to go over to a table where one woman would write something on our ticket, and another woman would give us a wristband. It was absolutely. fucking. insane. It was just a big mob of people pushing, yelling, arguing, the women were freaking out shouting "NO ONE'S GOING IN IF YOU DON'T FORM A SINGLE-FILE LINE!!!" Then, we found out that they would not be opening the doors into the pit for an HOUR. So this mob of people had to wait in the building, but outside of the pit for an hour. It was crazy. And when that hour was finally over, it got even crazier. They wanted to let people in one-by-one, but once again, everyone was pushing and shoving and yelling. Finally, we got in there, front row and a little to the right.

DSC04293.jpg

The red hand and Mao were nowhere in sight. This place was too small for them. It was pretty cool how small it was, actually. Just like East Rutherford, I saw Del James walk out on stage when they were setting up and yelled "DEL!!" He replied with the same devil-horns \\m// as last time. A little while later, I saw Frank standing on the side of the stage, holding hands with a woman. I waved, and he waved right back. And then, Bumblefoot came out on stage, standing next to one of the amps. Everyone could see him, so we were all going crazy. Here's the best pic I could get of him:

DSC04295-1.jpg

After 9:00, The Pretty Reckless came out. They were really good. Personally, I thought the drummer was fucking outstanding. Everyone else was focused on the singer and how attractive they thought she was. The whole time, Black Sabbath and I were trying to figure out how to get him over to where I was standing, because he didn't like the people around him. After about a half hour of debating, he finally decided to come over and chill with GnRDuff1, my father, and I.

Right at 11:00, once again, the Dexter music started. This was an awesome crowd, and a "GUNS! N! ROSES!" chant started right after Dexter did. Then the Chinese Democracy intro started and DJ did the devil-horns, then played those badass chords.

Bumblefoot left the stage for the second half of Welcome To The Jungle, no one knows why. The three songs went by, and then... yes. I did it. During Mr. Brownstone, I threw my "IF THE WORLD" shirt right at Axl, and it landed on his head. He didn't read it, and just threw it on the stage. Oh well! I wasn't gonna try anything with the "OH MY GOD" banner after that. Since the security was less strict here, I got the entire video of Sorry:

I didn't see any inflatable dolphins during Estranged, but it was a kickass performance. After that, Axl gave Frank a signal. I immediately turned to Black Sabbath and was like "Dude, it's gotta be Scraped!" Turns out, it was Rocket Queen. Still, an awesome performance. Then, Richard did the James Bond Theme. I love rocking out to that song live. At the end, he threw a pick right near us, and it fell to the ground. Everyone was scattering around looking for it, so I decided I'd give it a shot. Within two seconds, I found it :lol: . It was right in front of me. My second Richard pick! (First one was at East Rutherford when I had the "HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD")

For Tommy's song, I was hoping for My Generation, but we Sonic Reducer. Not really a song that I'm familiar with, but cool nonetheless. Baba O'Riley rocked, as did Street of Dreams. After You Could Be Mine, DJ came out and played Mi Amor. I was happy he played that one, because he played The Ballad of Death in East Rutherford. Everyone thought he was awesome. After Sweet Child O' Mine, they brought out the piano.

Axl fucked up November Rain. He skipped a good chunk of the song, and mostly everyone noticed. Everyone around me, anyway. Also, the band seemed a little confused and had to pick up where he was. It wasn't a huge deal though. Someone posted a video on here earlier, I believe. Then the fun came.

Axl explained how Bumblefoot was from New Jersey, and Bumblefoot yelled right in his face "AYY! AYY!" and then into Axl's mic. He's making fun of how New Jersey people talk. He came out right in front of us, and I yelled "PINK PANTHER!!!" and he was like "YEAH!" and we all just kept yelling to him. He did his usual clap-along thing, and I yelled "ON THE BEAT!!" and then he said his catchphrase "Don't fuck me up!" So great. Towards the end of the song, my Dad stroked his beard into two parts like Bumblefoot's, and Bumblefoot did the same thing right back. After the song was over, he came out and decided to do a little something different before Don't Cry. He said "Repeat after me" into the microphone. He then played a few notes on the guitar, and we all sang back on "Whoa oh oh..." etc. He kept playing a few notes at a time, and they kept getting higher and higher. At the end, he played this really, really high note and listened to hear if people sang it. He had a disappointed look on his face, until he heard me. I was the only one around who could reach the really high note that he played, and Bumblefoot just had a :o look on his face. He pointed right at me, smiled and gave me a round of applause. It was so awesome. He then played Don't Cry.

Whole Lotta Rosie was crazy. During the song, my father threw a dollar bill on stage for Axl. Later in the song, DJ came down in between the stage and the crowd right in front of me. He let us play his guitar. He then got closer and stood up high... he was right there. Literally less than an inch from me for like thirty seconds. So awesome playing his guitar. At the end of the song, Bumblefoot reached his guitar down into the crowd for the front-row-center people to play. And, since he liked me, he picked it up and moved it over to the right so I could play it as well. I love playing their guitars!

Knockin' On Heaven's Door is always awesome live, but Axl forgot to come back out and sing most of one of the choruses. Luckily, everyone's got a mic so it was alright.

When Bumblefoot came out to begin the pre-Madagascar jam, I, once again yelled "I LOVE YOU BUMBLEFOOT!" and he yelled back "Love you too brotha!" It was an exact repeat of East Rutherford, and Black Sabbath was just like "You're two for two man!"

DJ played drums with Frank again on Madagascar, and played his guitar like a violin with the drumsticks. He threw them out to people. Axl held out the "Oh, ohohoh" really long right before the Medley/Richard solo, and then mouthed "I'm gonna tell you a story".

Before Patience, Bumblefoot and Richard played a nice acoustic jam. Richard sat right in front of my father and I, he looked SO tired. I already posted about this part, but I'll say it again. The Patience thing was a joke. Before they played the song, Axl said "This next song goes out to our new manager and new agent, they're gonna need a lot of this (Patience). I really fuckin' hate you guys right now. Just a friendly joke between friends. See, Tommy just thanked me."

I really thought they were gonna played Paradise City next, but then Axl came center-stage. They played Better. I thought that was awesome. During this song, Axl finally saw my father's dollar bill. He picked it up, opened it, shrugged, and smiled. He then put the bill in his pocket. We thought that was so cool. And hilarious.

After Paradise City, Axl did something he rarely does. He stepped out, over the monitors, and shook peoples' hands that were in the front row. My Dad got close enough and shook Axl's hand, but I, sadly, did not. I was really close though. After the band took their bows, they came forward, and Bumbefoot kneeled down to our section and shook our hands. He loved us.

Another awesome show.

I forget which song it was, but this time, DJ got in the way of Bumblefoot's guitar pedal. DJ was playing a solo, and Bumblefoot was right behind him and yelled "HEY!!!" trying to get him to move. He did, just in time, but Bumblefoot couldn't help but give him a joking "CAMANN!" look.

Just one more thing, I thought Tommy looked awesome in this red jacket:

tommy-1.jpg

Fucking awesome story! I love to read fans stories that are so in depth. Glad you had an awesome time man!