Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena Dec 4/11

gunsguy

As cool (And interesting) as the Axl pics are, I always think it's kind of weird when singers have signature picks. Dio tossed out signature picks on the '09 Heaven And Hell tour...I got one and I'm really glad I did, but I just don't see the point of it. Even worse, I caught one from Chuck Billy of Testament at one of the Anthrax gigs I saw last month...the fact that he tosses picks just makes his whole air guitar thing even more ridiculous :lol:

I got a full set this year from DJ, Bumble and Richard, that was perfect for me! B)

Yeah I was kinda "what?" when I saw the Axl pick but then again the guitar and bass players have picks and the drummer has drum sticks which they can give out, what's Axl supposed to do? Throw piano's into the crowd? So in that regard I can see why he'd have picks with his name on them so fans can have something from him as well. Had no idea they existed with his name though!

I got DJ's pick last year, at first he tried to throw a pick to me (I was wearing a Ashbaland t-shirt which he saw so he wanted me to have a pick) but I can't catch anything even if my life depended on it, he even threw several picks before giving up and I felt like such an idiot not being able to catch them. Then he gave a pick to a GNR security guy who walked over to me and put it in my hand and closed my hand around it and he showed DJ my closed fist as to tell him that I'd gotten it and DJ laughed. I was pretty embaressed at the time but now it's just funny. sorry for taking over the thread with my inability to catch things :ph34r:

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As cool (And interesting) as the Axl pics are, I always think it's kind of weird when singers have signature picks. Dio tossed out signature picks on the '09 Heaven And Hell tour...I got one and I'm really glad I did, but I just don't see the point of it. Even worse, I caught one from Chuck Billy of Testament at one of the Anthrax gigs I saw last month...the fact that he tosses picks just makes his whole air guitar thing even more ridiculous :lol:

I got a full set this year from DJ, Bumble and Richard, that was perfect for me! B)

Yeah I was kinda "what?" when I saw the Axl pick but then again the guitar and bass players have picks and the drummer has drum sticks which they can give out, what's Axl supposed to do? Throw piano's into the crowd? So in that regard I can see why he'd have picks with his name on them so fans can have something from him as well. Had no idea they existed with his name though!

I got DJ's pick last year, at first he tried to throw a pick to me (I was wearing a Ashbaland t-shirt which he saw so he wanted me to have a pick) but I can't catch anything even if my life depended on it, he even threw several picks before giving up and I felt like such an idiot not being able to catch them. Then he gave a pick to a GNR security guy who walked over to me and put it in my hand and closed my hand around it and he showed DJ my closed fist as to tell him that I'd gotten it and DJ laughed. I was pretty embaressed at the time but now it's just funny. sorry for taking over the thread with my inability to catch things :ph34r:

Haha, cool story. :thumbsup:

i would like to give my thoughts on the show and tour: im 39yrs old, ive been through all of it, me and some friends went, i always make a trip and adventure out of it, i always try to get the best seats possible, we had 2nd row this time,they were okay, we all have stressfull jobs and love to get away on these trips and the wives turn us loose, we have a blast and get to do alot of things we cant get away with at home, anyway to see a band play that long is unreal especially Axl singing that stuff, hell he sings about all his songs and half of everybody elses, they really give you your moneys worth, and i want to thank them for that, they could easily cut there show in half, i noticed alot of people leaving after midnight, its not cause there mad or not enjoying the show, they are worn out, i was so tired, but security couldnt have ran us out, but i cant imagine how they feel after one of these shows, thumbs up, i look foward to the next time, i will be there. the show was great and my friends loved it and everybody in our section did too, we all had a big party with Guns N Roses, i think the band was having as much fun as we were. i would love to go just sit down and have few beers with them next time. before the show we were coming from the hotel and ran into Frank and Chris going to souncheck they stopped and talked to us a few minutes, and then we went around the corner and ran into DJ, they were all very friendly, i had to get my friends to let them go, they wer trying to get DJ to go party with us, but really tallented guys.

thats enough, but we are really lucky to get to see these performances now, i know they need us there as well, but i dont know of another band that i would take the time off to see. PS i had 3 or 4 pics bounce off my head and never got a one, next time i run into DJ on the street he better have one in his pocket. Axl clearly is doing this for us and him, its not about the $$

great times, hope they play Hall of Fame, once in a lifetime opurtunity and honor.

I went throuigh a lot to go to this show. I had tickets to the Southaven one. Since it was canceled I decided at noon on Sunday to buy a greyhound ticket to Nashville (from Memphis). I don't drive and have a vision problem. I've never even rode a bus before like that. So despite my crappy vision i had to get on the bus and manage tro find taxis and all that. And also I was sick for the prior week and still sick and it was taking a lot of effort to get everything sorted, get my ticket, etc... And I knew they ahd been ending shows at 2 so I got a return ticket for 3:15 AM so had to rush to try to get there after it. lol

Anyway obviously it was beyond worth it. Only time I've ever seen them live after almost 20 years of them being my favorite group. I have like 9 or 10 of the songs in 1080p and actually was surrprised how well they turned out although in some my hands were shaky partly due to me being sick. And especially in Civil War. I had lurked at this forum for a while and knew how many of you wanted that song played and had given up on it. So I went into shock when I heard "what we've got here". As soon as Axl said they were going to do a song this lineup had never played live I made sure to hurry and be recording to get it all. I really wish I had fit one more song in because I had a few minutes left on my sd card, but oh well. For live and let die I originally did not plan to record it. But then I decided to record the second half because obviously his yells are so powerful in it. I don't know why I didn't just get the whole song! But anyway I justw atched all of my recordings and it definitely makes it all worth my trouble to have all those videos to remember it by and all.

One thing is very odd though. I was all prepared to post on here that people are exaggerating how well his voice sounds. Because in person MOST of the time yes it sounded great, but it seemed really bad and weird at times. But when I watched all of my videos his voice sounds AWESOME. So I don't know if my sickness played tricks on me or maybe when I thought his voice was off was more on songs I didn't record or something. I know a few times though he was talking between songs and his voice would suddenly crack or give out or something.

Not that it matters to me either way. Axl tried his ASS off to sound perfect and most of the time he did. So if it hadn't worked and he had sucked I wouldn[t have bashed it. Luckily it instead sounded awesome during MOST songs. But it's odd how on the vids it sounds even "more" right than there whereas usually people say it sounds better in person than on vids.

By the way, I really never saw a ton of people leaving like ahs been mentioned about a lot of these shows. I guess quite a few, but not really a "lot". What I did see that made me kind of laugh though is some women would get really tired and go over by the wall to where the seats are on the side and sit in the floor to rest until they heard a song they really wnated to hear and would then slowly go back over to the front all sleepy and about to fall over. lol And by the way since I spent so much on bus tickets and whatnot I decided to just get a $27 seat and I was still VERY happy with my seat. What a steal of a concert for $27. I didn't like black label society a ton because I'm not really into true metal to that degree, although liked stillborn at the end. But anyway just a nice little adventure of an experience and great show. i hope they come to Memphis in the future and I won';t be sick that time hopefully!

Edited by GiveNuseR

Awesome story.

Axl plays guitar :shrugs:

Bring back Dead Horse!