East Rutherford, NJ - 11/17/2011 - Setlist, Pictures, Video etc.

Black Sabbath

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolling Stone Review posted on Twitter: (Includes video of Jungle)

It's a review written in a negative tone, but you can tell the person enjoyed the show. They just like to sit and pick and pick and pick.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-roar-back-at-monster-n-j-show-20111118

Edited by Ak1nney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tBN3pW5PMY

Guy says he has the whole show...1080p..

Rolling Stone Review posted on Twitter: (Includes video of Jungle)

It's a review written in a negative tone, but you can tell the person enjoyed the show. They just like to sit and pick and pick and pick.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-roar-back-at-monster-n-j-show-20111118

Picking him appart for every detail of how he looks is really getting very, very old...

I really can't remember the setlist off the top of my head, sorry guys. It was a lot like the Chicago show except Riff Raff and Shackler's were played a lot earlier in the setlist.

Some notes from the show:

- I literally got to my seat and sat down at like 10:40. I was absolutely shocked when the lights dimmed at 10:59 exactly on the dot. I couldn't have accidentally planned that any better if I wanted to! lol

- Crowd was red hot at the start of the show, but I felt like they started drifting when Guns moved on from Appetite and played Sorry. I personally love the song, but I think it would be better to put it lower in the setlist since it's kind of a distinct change of pace from the previous AFD songs.

- Some technical difficulties occurred throughout the shot. At first the guitars were too loud and kind of drowning out Axl's voice, but that got fixed pretty quickly. During the start of Riff Raff, Axl started singing and his mic wasn't working so a stagehand ran out onstage, reached into Axl's back pocket and swapped his receiver out for a new one and that seemed to work fine. Also, during Fortus' solo the sound was very choppy and kept cutting in and out.

- Shackler's is an amazing song live. I was really surprised when they played it, I wasn't expecting it and going crazy when it started.

- Aside from title track, the CD track that people seemed most into was Better. Great song live.

- It's absolutely amazing to me how much Axl leaves the stage during each song (sans November Rain, of course). I didn't think it was that much from watching all the YouTube videos, but he would leave pretty much during every solo and then come back. I was actually amazed because there were a few spots, like the start of YCBM, where the lyrics were about to start and Axl still wasn't onstage and I thought he would miss his spot, but he always hit it DEAD ON. His timing is really impeccable and he never missed his cue no matter what he's doing offstage.

- I didn't notice any stumbling of ANY lyrics whatsoever. Everything was great.

- All the Mickey Mouse voice shit that people bash Axl for...listen, I'm 24 years old so I obviously was never able to see the original Guns in concert. I don't have much to compare it to, but to me at least, Axl's voice sounded incredible. Even towards the end of the show he was still hitting his high notes. I thought he hit every note and I was even pleasantly surprised by YCBM, which he seems to have trouble with live. His performance was night and day compared to how he looked and sounded at Rio in October. His energy level was ridiculous, dancing and messing with band members and stuff.

- I wrote about some other funny moment between the band before, but some that I didn't mention: during Madagascar Frank was smoking a cigarette and purposely would take a puff, turn his head and blow it directly into DJ's face. I thought that was funny lol. Also, when Axl first talked to the crowd he said something like, "For all of you who didn't think I'd show up, I wasn't sure either" which I thought was hilarious haha.

- Crowd was crazy into Whole Lotta Rosie, a lot more than Riff Raff. They were obviously a lot more into the AFD and UYI songs than CD overall, but I thought they were most into Paradise City and Jungle.

- I have a friend who I coincidentally found out was going to the show when I read her Facebook right after I got there. I was texting her and she thought the show was incredible afterwards. It was her first time seeing Guns and she was really amazed how tight they sounded. Her brother has seen them before and he thought this was the best Axl has ever sounded.

- Don't really know what else to say. This wasn't meant to be a review when I started typing lol, but I guess that's kinda what it turned into. I was just blown away how good they sounded and really hope it's not another 5+ years before they tour again.

NJ.com Star-Ledger review: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2011/11/guns_n_roses_start_late_and_go.html#postComment

Another review written with an obvious bias upfront, but still can't rip the show itself.

Guns N' Roses start late and go long at Izod Center

Published: Friday, November 18, 2011, 12:09 PM Updated: Friday, November 18, 2011, 12:31 PM

By Tris McCall/The Star-Ledger The Star-Ledger

The show time printed on the ticket read 8 p.m. By a quarter after 10, opening act Asking Alexandria had long since cleared its gear from the Izod Center stage, and there was still no sign of Guns N' Roses. At 11 p.m. the lights went down, and Axl Rose and his latest gang of accomplices finally began to play. By the time they relinquished the stage, it was two in the morning.

This is behavior befitting a young rebel eager to establish the up-yours punk credibility of his group. But Guns N' Roses gave up any punk rock pretenses long ago, steering away from the aggressive attack of its early material toward lengthy, souped-up, symphonic power ballads like "November Rain." And W. Axl Rose is no longer a young rebel or a young anything. Before reinflating the Guns N' Roses brand in 2008 with the long-delayed release of "Chinese Democracy," he'd been in the pop-cultural equivalent of carbon freeze for about fifteen years. Judging from Thursday night's marathon concert -- one that provided neither apology nor reason for starting as late or going as long as it did -- he has not entirely thawed.

Rose is the last man standing from the classic G N' R lineup that turnedhard rock upside down in 1987 with "Appetite For Destruction." Slash, Izzy, and Duff are long gone, replaced by musicians who can approximate the power of the old combo but who cannot approach its strung-out grandeur. Rose spent more than 15 years laboring over "Chinese Democracy;" when it finally hit retailers, its reception was underwhelming. The Izod Center was not even close to capacity on Thursday.

The sane response to all of this would have been to acknowledge the passage of time with a lean, menacing, modest set. Modesty, however, is not in the Axl Rose playbook. Instead he broke out the ladle for an endless pasta bowl of music: a three-hour extravaganza that was equal parts awe-inspiring, ham-handed, and downright bizarre. This was a show that featured, among other things, a lengthy overdriven version of the "Pink Panther" theme song by guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, deafening firework explosions on every single chorus downbeat of "Live and Let Die," an all-instrumental grand piano rendition of "Baba O' Riley" (the whole thing!) that felt like a School of Rock recital, and Rose at that same piano, growling through "Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2" while a giant inflatable bust of Mao glowered in the background.

It also featured many impressive demonstrations of arena rock at its most imposing. Songs from "Appetite For Destruction" were played ferociously, if not always precisely: "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone" were discharged with the withering heat (and the heavy-industrial subtlety) of a blast furnace. Material from the two "Use Your Illusion" albums fared even better, particularly the piano-rock epics that appeal so strongly to Rose's taste for melted American cheese. The nine-minute "November Rain" -- in retrospect, the first indication that Rose desperately needed an editor -- was a showcase for the singer's still-elastic voice. "Estranged," the other grand "Illusion" ballad, was an entertaining tag-team wrestling match between Rose, pianist Dizzy Reed, and the band's three guitarists.

Unfortunately, Rose was rarely the victor of these matches. The biggest problem with the Guns N' Roses concert was not its length or lateness, or even its setlist larded down with strange material and unnecessary excursions. It was the volume. Guns N' Roses played loud enough to rattle the fillings out of your teeth.

Hard rock is supposed to blare, of course. That is part of its puerile charm. But Rose is the only star left in the band, and for far too much of the concert, his voice was drowned out by Frank Ferrer's earthquake-simulating kick drum and Tommy Stinson's subway-rumble bass. DJ Ashba proved himself a credible substitute for Slash (disturbingly, he even seemed to have raided Slash's wardrobe), but nobody came to see him. They were there to see the singer, and the singer was often reduced to a sideshow.

Axl's frequent unintelligibility on songs like "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Rocket Queen" wasn't a crippling problem, because everybody in the crowd already knew the words. The lesser-known "Chinese Democracy" songs, however, were torpedoed by the mix. In the '80s, Axl Rose distinguished himself as one of the few hard rock singers capable of communicating ideas more complicated than the pop-metal basics of copious sleaze and cherry pie. It was a shame that he did not get to use much of that expressive latitude at the Meadowlands, but chances are, the old volume junkie wouldn't have had it any other way.

Opening act Asking Alexandria -- allegedly hand-picked for this show by Guns N' Roses themselves -- was thrown to the wolves at 9 p.m. The group played a competent brand of sample-assisted screamo and metalcore akin to Bamboozle favorites Attack! Attack!; predictably, Guns N' Roses fans, weaned on an entirely different style of heavy music, loathed the band. Asking Alexandria wasn't booed off the stage, but they finished their songs to crashing indifference. The members of the U.K. combo will not remember their Guns N' Roses experience as a triumph. They're hardly alone.

Edited by SALonghorn

Setlist:

"Chinese Democracy"

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

"Sorry"

"Riff Raff" (AC/DC cover)

"Estranged"

"Better"

"Rocket Queen"

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond theme)

"Live and Let Die" (Paul McCartney and Wings cover)

"This I Love"

"Shackler's Revenge"

"My Generation" (The Who cover) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals)

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo ("Baba O' Riley")

"Street Of Dreams"

"You Could Be Mine"

"DJ Ashba Guitar Solo" (The Ballad of Death)

"Sweet Child O' Mine"

Instrumental Jam ("Another Brick In the Wall Part Two")

Axl Rose Piano Solo

"November Rain"

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther theme)

"Don't Cry"

"Whole Lotta Rosie" (AC/DC cover)

"Knockin' On Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan cover)

"Nightrain"

Encore:

Instrumental Jam

"Madagascar"

"Patience"

"Paradise City"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-roar-back-at-monster-n-j-show-20111118#ixzz1e5CVrSuP

I did. No reply yet.

Regarding the Star Ledger review. It was only 45 minutes between the opening act who should rename themselves Fuck and Spit because that is all they did and said. (They had to mop the stage!) Don't they think in those 45 minutes they maybe are preparing the equipment and stage set up for the headliners? Duh anyone?

Why does every review have to talk about axls looks and who was in the band in 1988? Rock journalists have no creativity, every review is the same. We don't care about your experience with GnR in 1993.

+1

Also get annoyed with them always mentioning the length it took CD to come out.... pretty sure most people know by now.

I was on the floor last night. 6th GnR show. The 2002 and 2006 MSG shows, and 3 out of the 4 2006 Hammerstein shows. Nothing will ever beat the last show at Hammerstein, as to this day it is still the best concert I have ever been to, but last night was right up there with the rest.

Axl sounded great. Setlist was awesome. Got to hear Whole Lotta Rosie and Estranged for the 1st time, which was sick.

As far as the crowd, I have to say it was pretty lame. I was maybe 30' away, dead center, and my buddy and I were the only ones jumping around and letting loose anywhere near us.

The issue, as a few people have said is that when you combine a work night, an 11PM-2AM show, and the shitass Izod Center of which there is no public transportation to or from unless you wanna go to the fucking Port Authority and take a bus, (which would have got me home at probably 4am), and you get a pretty lame crowd.

I will say that if I hear one more person complain about the start time, I'm gonna jab them in the face. 1st of all, this isn't exactly late breaking news. 2nd of all, all you needed to do is do 30 seconds of research if you were unsure what time they were gonna go on. People love to not do any planning at all, and then bitch and moan when things don't pan out the way they wanted. Shit drives me absolutley crazy.

Edited by Saltzy

reading the reviews on htgth, it looks like the show had a lame audience.

Axl sounded amazing tonight. He really brought his A game. Only issue was that they stopped selling booze at 11 which was basically when they went on. That may have put a damper on the crowd. Plus it's jersey. But axl was sick tonight!

When I saw them in 2002 they stopped selling booze at 9pm and Axl sisnt show til 11pm.. Definately one reason it sucks when he comes on so late in an arena.

DSC04285.jpg

Alright guys. Time for my story from the show. (In two posts. "answerisyes" has a post between them)

Going to the concert alone, I got there at around 10:50 AM. Parked, and started walking towards the General Admission entrance. I got there, and noticed no one standing anywhere. So I walked in, and some staff members said "Can I help you?" I said, "Where do I go if I wanna stand in line for the concert tonight?" One man then brought me outside and showed me where to stand, and closed off the gate. That's right guys, I was the very first person in line. I had two banners with me; One that said "TWAT" and another that said "HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD". I stood/sat alone for about an hour until another fan showed up. His name was Chuck. He was very surprised to see that I was the only one in line so far (as was I) and stood there with me. We talked for about two hours until two more fans showed up. These fans were "Black Sabbath" and "Ozzhead", both members of this forum. Black Sabbath and I talked a lot about GNR and this forum. Also, turns out we both have the same first name, haha. Anyway, after that we kinda had our "group" of the four of us just talking and talking, waiting to go inside. Black Sabbath found out that Asking Alexandria was going to be the opener and we were kind of disappointed. More and more people began to show up in line as the hours passed.

I ran inside really quick to use the bathroom, and I heard the band rehearsing Street of Dreams instrumentally. It was AWESOME!!

Somewhere around Five or Six o'clock, two women came over to our line and handed out free Monster Energy Drinks to everyone. It was quite awesome. A great company to sponsor this tour. Around 6:45, all of the security people started coming out and had us form two lines, Males and Females. I felt pretty special being the first one in the long line of Males. Anyway, around 7:10 they finally began to let us in. First we were quickly "frisked" and then had to go through the doors and get wristbands. Of course, my wristband lady was really slow. I was like "COME ON COME ON!!" because I wanted to get in front. Luckily I did. Front row center, with Chuck on the left of me, and Black Sabbath on the right. We were so pumped.

The first thing we noticed was the stage. Here is a good shot of the little Red babies on the stage:

DSC04271.jpg

While we were waiting, I spotted Del James to the left of the stage and shouted "DEL!" and he waved back with the devil-horns \\m//. After 9:00, Asking Alexandria came on, and everyone hated them. "Boooo! Fuck you! END THIS SHIT!" everyone chanted. There was a security guard, number 301, that knew every word to their songs though. He was a cool guy, and our section even started a "THREE OH ONE! THREE OH ONE!" chant. Later, around 10:45 we saw Tommy with a little girl on the side of the stage.

At 11:00, the Dexter music started. We were so excited. DJ came out and did the devil-horns \\m// and started playing the Chinese Democracy intro. Everyone was so into it. I think it was during that song, I held up my "TWAT" banner. Bumblefoot and Tommy came to the center stage. I showed Bumble the banner and he gave me a look like "You son of a bitch" but in a funny way, with a smile. Tommy saw it as well, and came over to me and gestured with his hand as if to say "Let me see that!" He took the banner and just threw it on the stage. It was pretty random...

It was either during Brownstone or Sorry, I brought out the "HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD" banner. We showed it to Richard and he smiled and nodded as if to say "Thanks guys!"

I started to record video during Sorry, but did not get much until the guard stopped me:

Edited by GNRSkidRow1

I then began to record Estranged, and actually got most of it before I was stopped once again:

During the second chorus in Better, Bumblefoot was center stage and Axl came up and stood right in front of Bumblefoot's guitar pedal that he was about to use. He gave Axl a look as if to say "Please move!" and tried to reach his leg over him. Then, with a big smile on his face he shouted right at Axl "MOTHERFUCKER!!!" Axl was so distracted that he messed up the chorus. Black Sabbath and I just looked at each other like "Wtf?" Lots of jumping during the Better breakdown, pretty fuckin' awesome.

When Richard came out to do the James Bond Theme, I held up the "HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD" banner once again, and the camera guy told me to hold it up for the camera. We had that goin' for a good minute and I hope to see that video some day.

Hearing Shackler's after This I Love was shocking and fucking kicked ass!

Before My Generation, Axl introduced Tommy as "The replacement from The Replacements"

There was a guy standing in between the stage and the crowd wearing a wool-cap. At the end of Sweet Child O' Mine, Tommy stole the guy's hat and put it on. Tommy then gave the hat back, but also gave the guy his bass! The guy was like "Whoa!" and started playing it. He then gave it back. I'm pretty sure they know each other.

At one point, Black Sabbath and I saw Bubbles taking pictures right in front of us, and we yelled "BUBBLES! BUBBLES!" and turned around was like "What's up, guys" and shook our hands. Here's a picture of him:

DSC04289.jpg

When Bumblefoot came center stage to do the Pink Panther theme, I yelled "YEAH! PINK PATHER!" and he was like "Let's do it!" He began to try and have the crowd clap along, but some people weren't clapping on rhythm, and Bumble was like "Come on guys! On the beat!" We all kept yelling how awesome he was and he was like "Don't fuck me up!"

After he did the Pink Panther thing, I yelled "DON'T CRY!" and he pointed at me, as if to say "You got it, man!" He also made eye contact with us a lot during the show and we kept yelling at each other, in a good way. Just like "YEEEEEEAH!!!"

Towards the end of Whole Lotta Rosie, Bumblefoot held out his guitar right in front of us so we could all play it. Just another thing that makes him so goddamn cool.

Richard began to play Knockin' On Heaven's Door, but before he could continue Axl walked out and said "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait..." and told the crowd that it was Richard's birthday. Chuck and Black Sabbath helped me hold up the "HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD" banner really high and it was shown on the big screen the whole time they sang Happy Birthday. I was so excited. After they sang Happy Birthday, Richard eagerly looked at Axl because he wanted to start Knockin' On Heaven's Door. Smiling, Axl was like "Yes, you can play the fuckin' song now.." Knockin' On Heaven's Door was absolutely amazing, and is one of those songs you'll only appreciate if you are there. Axl and DJ joked around on stage and kept kicking their legs up, it was pretty funny.

After Nightrain, Bumblefoot came out to center stage once again and began to play the pre-Madagascar jam. I yelled "I LOVE YOU!" and he was like "I love you too, brotha!"

For the first verse of Madagascar, DJ played drums with Frank. When the chorus started, he took a couple drumsticks and put them in his pocket, and stood up. He then ran over and started playing his guitar like a violin with a drumstick. He kept doing this with different drumsticks as he threw them out into the crowd. It was pretty fuckin' cool. As the medley started, Axl mouthed "I'm gonna tell you a story" and then ran backstage.

I believe it was during Patience, DJ dropped a cigarette from his mouth and it landed right on some older lady who was sitting in between the crowd and the stage. DJ was cracking up, but the woman did not seem amused.

During Paradise City, Richard came center-stage again and I decided to hold up the "HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD" banner one more time. He smiled once again, and then took his right hand away from the guitar and gestured it as if to say "Yo, I'm gonna throw you my pick!" I put my hands out, and he threw the pick. Let's just say Richard has good aim, because I caught the pick and put it right in my pocket. Awesome. Axl did a LOT of jumping during the verses of Paradise City, which got all of us jumping as well. He loved it.

After Paradise City, Dizzy came down and was checkin' out the crowd. Black Sabbath and I shouted "DIZZY!!! FUCK YEAH DIZZY!!!" and he looked right at us and was like "YEAH!!!" and gave us that weird monster-look he does. The band then bowed, and walked forward towards the crowd. We were right there, and Bumblefoot stayed out by us the longest. We all got to shake his hand, and he was like "YOU GUYS WERE FUCKIN' GREAT!!" Here is a video I took:

In conclusion, I'd like to say this was an amazing experience for me. The whole thing. The awesome people. Everything. Thanks so much to Black Sabbath and Ozzhead for being such cool guys, and I'll try and get some of the incredible pictures Chuck took posted on here. Rock on.

I then began to record Estranged, and actually got most of it before I was stopped once again:

During the second chorus in Better, Bumblefoot was center stage and Axl came up and stood right in front of Bumblefoot's guitar pedal that he was about to use. He gave Axl a look as if to say "Please move!" and tried to reach his leg over him. Then, with a big smile on his face he shouted right at Axl "MOTHERFUCKER!!!" Axl was so distracted that he messed up the chorus. Black Sabbath and I just looked at each other like "Wtf?" Lots of jumping during the Better breakdown, pretty fuckin' awesome.

When Richard came out to do the James Bond Theme, I held up the "HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD" banner once again, and the camera guy told me to hold it up for the camera. We had that goin' for a good minute and I hope to see that video some day.

Before My Generation, Axl introduced Tommy as "The replacement from The Replacements"

There was a guy standing in between the stage and the crowd wearing a wool-cap. At the end of Sweet Child O' Mine, Tommy stole the guy's hat and put it on. Tommy then gave the hat back, but also gave the guy his bass! The guy was like "Whoa!" and started playing it. He then gave it back. I'm pretty sure they know each other.

At one point, Black Sabbath and I saw Bubbles taking pictures right in front of us, and we yelled "BUBBLES! BUBBLES!" and turned around was like "What's up, guys" and shook our hands. Here's a picture of him:

DSC04289.jpg

When Bumblefoot came center stage to do the Pink Panther theme, I yelled "YEAH! PINK PATHER!" and he was like "Let's do it!" He began to try and have the crowd clap along, but some people weren't clapping on rhythm, and Bumble was like "Come on guys! On the beat!" We all kept yelling how awesome he was and he was like "Don't fuck me up!"

After he did the Pink Panther thing, I yelled "DON'T CRY!" and he pointed at me, as if to say "You got it, man!" He also made eye contact with us a lot during the show and we kept yelling at each other, in a good way. Just like "YEEEEEEAH!!!"

Towards the end of Whole Lotta Rosie, Bumblefoot held out his guitar right in front of us so we could all play it. Just another thing that makes him so goddamn cool.

Richard began to play Knockin' On Heaven's Door, but before he could continue Axl walked out and said "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait..." and told the crowd that it was Richard's birthday. Chuck and Black Sabbath helped me hold up the "HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD" banner really high and it was shown on the big screen the whole time they sang Happy Birthday. I was so excited. After they sang Happy Birthday, Richard eagerly looked at Axl because he wanted to start Knockin' On Heaven's Door. Smiling, Axl was like "Yes, you can play the fuckin' song now.." Knockin' On Heaven's Door was absolutely amazing, and is one of those songs you'll only appreciate if you are there. Axl and DJ joked around on stage and kept kicking their legs up, it was pretty funny.

After Nightrain, Bumblefoot came out to center stage once again and began to play the pre-Madagascar jam. I yelled "I LOVE YOU!" and he was like "I love you too, brotha!"

For the first verse of Madagascar, DJ played drums with Frank. When the chorus started, he took a couple drumsticks and put them in his pocket, and stood up. He then ran over and started playing his guitar like a violin with a drumstick. He kept doing this with different drumsticks as he threw them out into the crowd. It was pretty fuckin' cool. As the medley started, Axl mouthed "I'm gonna tell you a story" and then ran backstage.

I believe it was during Patience, DJ dropped a cigarette from his mouth and it landed right on some older lady who was sitting in between the crowd and the stage. DJ was cracking up, but the woman did not seem amused.

During Paradise City, Richard came center-stage again and I decided to hold up the "HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD" banner one more time. He smiled once again, and then took his right hand away from the guitar and gestured it as if to say "Yo, I'm gonna throw you my pick!" I put my hands out, and he threw the pick. Let's just say Richard has good aim, because I caught the pick and put it right in my pocket. Awesome. Axl did a LOT of jumping during the verses of Paradise City, which got all of us jumping as well. He loved it.

After Paradise City, Dizzy came down and was checkin' out the crowd. Black Sabbath and I shouted "DIZZY!!! FUCK YEAH DIZZY!!!" and he looked right at us and was like "YEAH!!!" and gave us that weird monster-look he does. The band then bowed, and walked forward towards the crowd. We were right there, and Bumblefoot stayed out by us the longest. We all got to shake his hand, and he was like "YOU GUYS WERE FUCKIN' GREAT!!" Here is a video I took:

In conclusion, I'd like to say this was an amazing experience for me. The whole thing. The awesome people. Everything. Thanks so much to Black Sabbath and Ozzhead for being such cool guys, and I'll try and get some of the incredible pictures Chuck took posted on here. Rock on.

wow dude....felt like I was there....your description was wicked.....makes me hungry for auburn hills!

DSC04289.jpg

They showed your HAPPY B-DAY RICHARD sign on the big screen when Axl started singing Happy Birthday to him haha. I definitely saw it.

Hey GNRSKIDROW............Everything you said, I saw. I was just to the right of where Fortus stands in the first row. You got it all down spot on. Awesome show. I loved when Tommy threw your sign down on the stage, that was so funny. And DJ and the cigarette. He had an "oops" look on his face. Just great, and thanks for putting it all down, lots of good memories there.