Listened to Slash for the first time.

Georgy Zhukov

I got high hopes the new album will be much better than Slash. It was a bit dull compared to the Snakepit albums, but it still has some good songs. Looking forward to it. Even though I'm not a big fan of Myles, when he isn't singing GnR/VR songs, he's alright.

• 2 weeks later...

Slash was an itch slash had to scratch as some previously mentioned - I thought he did a great job of matching the singer to the music though the cornell and kid rock songs were tamer than I would have liked - and for a lead guitarist that sounds like he was stifled iin VR- there weren't as many epic solo's as I would have liked

I'm pumped about the new slash/myles album though! I get the feeling this may be his best work since Guns. The bands been playing together for almost 2 yrs now and Myles can sing the shit out of anything.

I'm hoping these knuckleheads get the whole Hall of Fame induction thing right if they do get in. What would be really nice if loaded, slash/myles, and GnR go on tour together. Don't call it a reunion but invit Steve and Izzy and have a extended AFD encore

Guaraunteed nobody will complain if guns comes on round midnight

I still listen to few songs from time to time but I really got bored with it really fast, nothing memorable.

Pretty much how I feel too. I was really let down by some of the collaborations, particularly the tracks with Lemmy and Iggy.

The standouts to me are Ghost, Beautiful Dangerous, Promise, and By The Sword.

Is it me or did the younger singers seem more into it than the older?

I have to agree with you on that one (Chris Cornell being the exception)

Lemmy and Iggy just seemed like they kind of phoned it in IMO, both songs are not true representations of how great they are

Edited by WhazUp

Is it me or did the younger singers seem more into it than the older?

I have to agree with you on that one (Chris Cornell being the exception)

Lemmy and Iggy just seemed like they kind of phones it in IMO, both songs are not true representations of how great they are

I love dr alibi and the guitar for we're all gonna die-i can see them being a guns tune

Edited by jmapelian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've turned around on this. I wasn't really into it when it came out besides Beautiful Dangerous and Ghost. But I've been listening to it a little more lately and have been really into most of it. I also recently listened to 5OCSW and thought it sounded good and the singer was pretty awesome, but maybe one track sounded like it could have been a Guns song. I could see why Axl and Duff turned them down for GNR, but they weren't bad by any means.

I feel like a lot of the songs feel like a real mix of VR and GNR. A stronger effort than Snakepit for sure. I've been listening to Back from Cali, Starlight, and Promise a lot. Dr. Alibi is pretty good, too. I like Iggy's song, but the lyrics are hilariously terrible.

It's a good record. It's grown on me a lot. So has the new Loaded album that I initially was hugely disappointed in after how excellent Sick was.

I've turned around on this. I wasn't really into it when it came out besides Beautiful Dangerous and Ghost. But I've been listening to it a little more lately and have been really into most of it. I also recently listened to 5OCSW and thought it sounded good and the singer was pretty awesome, but maybe one track sounded like it could have been a Guns song. I could see why Axl and Duff turned them down for GNR, but they weren't bad by any means.

I feel like a lot of the songs feel like a real mix of VR and GNR. A stronger effort than Snakepit for sure. I've been listening to Back from Cali, Starlight, and Promise a lot. Dr. Alibi is pretty good, too. I like Iggy's song, but the lyrics are hilariously terrible.

It's a good record. It's grown on me a lot. So has the new Loaded album that I initially was hugely disappointed in after how excellent Sick was.

For me it was the other way around: when 'Slash' came out I loved it, but after 2 months it was obvious it had no staying power at all to me.

I'm a huge Slash fan, and I've bought and will continue to buy everything he puts out, but I feel like this album could have been much stronger with just one vocalist and just better songs. I mean, every song has the same stracture, and it's like cue solo, cue chorus, second verse...you just know what to expect and it's not very interesting as a whole.

That said, I can't wait for the next album. I have a feeling it will be MUCH better. Slash's playing is better then ever, and the live band is great. Miles and Slash share a cool chemistry together which I think will transfer well to the studio.

By The Sword is a neat song. Too bad Stockdale is doing vocals on it. God, I would rather have Myles sing that -thank god we have Youtube for that.

That's how I feel about that song. Watched one of stockdale's live performances and I was cringing most of the song. Love it with Myles' vocals, though.