Have we made a real effort to acquire hoarded material?

There Was A Time

I think its real lame that other GNR "fans" and i use that term loosely would hoard a song or w.e from people like myself who have followed this band since the 80s. Just like everything else in this world its just a sorry cash grab. Axl should do the noble thing for once n just put it on this board himself as a token of appreciation for many years of support!

Entiiiiiiitlement.

I think as guns fans were entitled to alot of things after faithfully following a band that went into complete silence for 15 years. Only to re-emerge with a still strong and ever growing fanbase. Not many bands have such a passionate caring fanbase as these guns do. So instead of havin some european cocksuckers holding a song over everybodys head why not turn the tables and give em a big fuck u by just releasing the damn thing. This band needs the fans way more than we need this band and thats a fact so fuck u :fuckyou:

If people stopped swingin off axl's nuts for a second n realize without all of us he would be nothing. The fans gave him everything he has today by buying records and t shirts and goin to the shows. So your damn fuckin right im entitled to GNR music especially if its already out there in some shape or form its not a fuckin secret the song exists. Thats the best way to stop this hoarding nonsense JUST PUT IT UP ON ITUNES FOR FUCKIN 99 CENTS WHO GIVES A SHIT.

Entiiiiiiitlement.

I think as guns fans were entitled to alot of things after faithfully following a band that went into complete silence for 15 years. Only to re-emerge with a still strong and ever growing fanbase. Not many bands have such a passionate caring fanbase as these guns do. So instead of havin some european cocksuckers holding a song over everybodys head why not turn the tables and give em a big fuck u by just releasing the damn thing. This band needs the fans way more than we need this band and thats a fact so fuck u :fuckyou:

If people stopped swingin off axl's nuts for a second n realize without all of us he would be nothing. The fans gave him everything he has today by buying records and t shirts and goin to the shows. So your damn fuckin right im entitled to GNR music especially if its already out there in some shape or form its not a fuckin secret the song exists. Thats the best way to stop this hoarding nonsense JUST PUT IT UP ON ITUNES FOR FUCKIN 99 CENTS WHO GIVES A SHIT.

"Nobody owes you,not one goddamned thing" <_<

I think after the fiasco Mike Piazza caused by leaking a song on Eddie Trunk's show, Axl prob. locked down a lot of the demos, but somehow, stuff gets out there. Now all you need is a thumb drive if it's saved to hard drives.

Odds are it's all at his home studio. Have fun trying to get it...

How to hear it? Work for GNR, be in a band he likes enough to take on the road and possibly work with, and sign a NDA if you want to hear what Axl's working on.

Entiiiiiiitlement.

1.) The band didn't go into complete silence for 15 years.

1993 "The Spaghetti Incident?" released.

1994 Estranged single and video released.

1994 Sympathy For The Devil single released.

1999 Oh My God.

1999 Kurt Loder interview.

1999 Live Era.

House Of Blues *magazine articles about Chinese Democracy*

Rio *magazine articles about Chinese Democracy*

2002 tour, Chinese release "a summer" away

2006 tour, Chinese release "by end of year"

2008 Chinese Democracy

2008 Axl Chats "better video next week"

2009 tour

2010 tour

2011 tour

2.) Axl cannot just post a song up on iTunes. The record company owns the recordings - they have to be in the loop.

3.) You're a fan. You gave them money, you got a CD. You gave them money, you got a t-shirt. You gave them money, you got a 3 hour concert. Transaction completed. They really owe you *nothing*. The band and Axl have given very genuine "thank yous" for people going to shows and supporting the music, but he isn't our slave. It's his life. We're just fans.

4.) All that said, there's a lot of people out there with stuff. You don't have to go to Portugal or Brazil or Spain to find them. Sometimes it's not "theirs" to give away, sometimes they're just greedy.

Edited by Gagarin

Entiiiiiiitlement.

Good im glad you enjoy watching your favorite musician squander the very last little bit of time he has left to perform at this level. All i know is i use my hard earned money to support this man whether it be at shows or in the record store I think it would be a welcomed departure from the past to just release the thing. :fuckyou:

Entiiiiiiitlement.

Good im glad you enjoy watching your favorite musician squander the very last little bit of time he has left to perform at this level. All i know is i use my hard earned money to support this man whether it be at shows or in the record store I think it would be a welcomed departure from the past to just release the thing. :fuckyou:

You choose to support GNR,nobody is holding a gun to your head.It still does not give you the right to "demand" new material nor to dictate when it should be released. :lol:

facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

LOL hey man no1 is perfect my bad ill just enjoy the music that is released and stop bitching. :thumbsup:

Entiiiiiiitlement.

Something like demos need to be seen as sketches, a work in progress, and really should be seen as the equivalent of stealing someone's diaries and letting everyone read them. Kind of like the note you pass along to a girl and the teacher intercepts it, reads it in front of the class, and makes you feel like an asshole.

He does owe it to the fans to do one thing - to put on a great show. If he cuts the show short or cancels, he's letting the fans down. When it comes to new music, the question now is about whether or not it's going to be worth the time and energy to finish them. Some bands are so disgusted with how everything became a free for all that they stopped writing and recording altogether.

Yeah im pretty confident it wont take as long I think DJ will be a big influence as far as releasing new material.

Yeah, many of the band members are referring to Dj's connection to Axl and how they click together. Let's cross our fingers that this will actually stimulate some work in the studio and release of a new record in some timely fashion :)

What are some of the more valuable items these hoarders have in the "vault"? Three things that come to mind that we know are out there for sure:

- Checkmate/Jackie Chan song

- That first concert at House of Blues, 01/01/01

- 2002 VMA rehearsal video

What else?

Yeah im pretty confident it wont take as long I think DJ will be a big influence as far as releasing new material.

Yeah, many of the band members are referring to Dj's connection to Axl and how they click together. Let's cross our fingers that this will actually stimulate some work in the studio and release of a new record in some timely fashion :)

That'd be nice. Maybe the connection between Axl and DJ is kind of like how Izzy was the bridge between Slash and Axl that kind of held it all together. If DJ can help push for new music and get it released, then that can only be a good thing! Then we can finally move on from Chinese Democracy. I have no doubt that this line-up could write a kick ass album.

What are some of the more valuable items these hoarders have in the "vault"? Three things that come to mind that we know are out there for sure:

What else?

Music videos for Better, Street of Dreams, etc.

Something called "BetterGone.mp3"

And yeah, there was some talk about the country of Portugal having some unheard songs...

And yeah, there was some talk about the country of Portugal having some unheard songs...

We know these exist, but do we know that the hoarders have them?

The music videos and the mp3? MisterSaintLaurent has them.

What else?

Music videos? I strongly doubt its being hoarded. At least I never heard anything about it other than Axl himself talking about it and that guy who produced it (I think his nickname is Rage or something).

About Portuguese fans, heard about people having Atlas Shrugged. At least thats what one guy that claimed at CD.com or HTGTH, can't remember that well.. He claimed the song was something like glam rock, I guess.

Also, by 2007, when MSL tricked them into leaking those songs, they talked about an alternate version of Better with accoustic guitars. I can't remember screen names, but I guess one of them was Lourenço, he was the owner of gnrsucks.com and was well known in the GNR boards at that time. If it was not him, sorry for mistaken his name.

The music videos and the mp3? MisterSaintLaurent has them.

I don't think MSL has jackshit. If anything, he had information about tracks.

Edited by Voodoochild