Should Tommy be inducted?

JAxlMorrison

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy should definitely get in. He has been in the band longer than Duff & Slash were in the band..

That's my point and now that I know they inducted Metallica's new bass player...whoa nelly.

Agreed. I don't think the distinction between Trujillo and Tommy Stinson's situations are significant enough to make it out of the question that Tommy should be inducted with GN'R.

Ali

No one in the new band should be inducted with "Guns N' Roses". Period.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Replacements inducted though...

Why not? They've toured the globe as Guns N Roses and worked extensively on Guns N Roses material...

I love the new band but fact is, the new band isn't what got them first ballot.

It was the old band and it was Appetite.

But if Slash was smart (ha) and really wanted to a reunion he'd say that he wouldn't accept the award unless everyone in New GN'R was inducted too.

If that ever is going to happen (not holding my breath) Slash needs to humble out to Axl in big ways I think.

As I said in another thread:

Imagine you were an architect, and you designed your own home for you and your family. You live in it for a few years, then divorce your wife - who continues to live in the marital home with her new husband. Many years later, you gain wide recognition for your design of the home and win an industry award.

Would you want some mutherfucker sharing the stage with you, just because he was screwing your ex-wife and lived in your old home?........

LA

Imagine you were an architect, and you designed your own home for you and your family. You live in it for a few years, then divorce your wife - who continues to live in the marital home with her new husband. Many years later, you gain wide recognition for your design of the home and win an industry award.

Would you want some mutherfucker sharing the stage with you, just because he was screwing your ex-wife and lived in your old home?........

I understand your point.

Really?? Why should Slash have to be the one to bend over or "humble out"??

I was talking in terms of a reunion, not the RIRHOF.

Axl's certainly not perfect but I think Slash has shown to be continuously dishonest.

Trust is the foundation to any relationship and well if you fuck with that then it all goes to hell.

Axl seems to hold on to more hurt than Slash does which is why Slash has to be the one to make things right.

I'm not on anyone's side, fyi, nor do I care if the two ever play together again. I just wish they'd be cool with each other. I don't like broken relationships. Bums me out.

(But I guess you can argue if they were cool together, then they'd play together...).

Why couldn't they just both understand what the accomplishment is for, show up and accept it?

Yeah I mentioned in another thread they both should just be professionals and accept the award then walk off. Don't have to make eye contact or talk... just accept the damn award and bounce...

You all know I'm a Replacements guy. ;)

Good taste.

Edited by Brodie

LA

And probably in her ass at that.

LA

If the crux of your analogy is that the band is like the home, then I have to disagree with you in that they are nothing alike. Once the home is built, it is done. There is nothing more that can be contributed to it. But, a band is a living, evolving entity that has continued to live and evolve thanks in part to Tommy's work over the last 14 years.

Ali

LA

If the crux of your analogy is that the band is like the home, then I have to disagree with you in that they are nothing alike. Once the home is built, it is done. There is nothing more that can be contributed to it. But, a band is a living, evolving entity that has continued to live and evolve thanks in part to Tommy's work over the last 14 years.

Ali

Not true. A home can be improved, restored or re-developed. Transformed even...........

But unfortunately, in this case I'd say Tommy's work over the past 14 years (yes.... 14 YEARS) is akin to re-papering the kitchen

LA

No.

According to what was told to somebody on here, only members that were apart of the band during a time of commercial and critical success and contributed to significant songs are eligible for induction. Chinese Democracy may have been good to you, but nothing significant came out of it.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steve, Matt, and Dizzy should be the only ones inducted by those rules.

The rules are nonexistent. Robert Trujillo, Jason Newsted and even Dave Mustaine were invited to go with Metallica.

I'm the one that posted originally about the "rule", and it's been blown way out of context. Someone originally posted asking how they determine what individual members get inducted for a band, and I explained how I've always wondered this myself, and when I wrote a letter asking, that was the response I got.

If anyone remembers my original post, I was also trying to explain that their so-called "rule" is existent, but rarely followed. The example I used was Black Sabbath; the only members inducted are Tony, Ozzy, Geezer, and Bill. There is, frankly, no reason for the exclusion of Dio at the very least. Heaven And Hell, The Mob Rules, and Dehumanizer were all released to large amounts of critical praise, and sold very well internationally. And whereas the first Sabbath album helped set the stage for the first wave of British metal, Heaven And Hell really helped set the stage for the NWOBHM.

On topic, if you think The Replacements will ever be inducted, you're fooling yourself. Not that that's an excuse for Tommy to be inducted though...

Edited by Powerage5

Whole lot of ungrateful people appeared out the woodwork in the last few days... If Trujillo got inducted with Metallica then pretty much anyone in GNR at the moment deserves to go in. When is this ceremony? It's only been a few days and I'm kinda sick of talking about it already.

totally agree

LA

Ali

Not true. A home can be improved, restored or re-developed. Transformed even...........

But unfortunately, in this case I'd say Tommy's work over the past 14 years (yes.... 14 YEARS) is akin to re-papering the kitchen

LA

The problem is that's just based on your perception of what Tommy's done. I think he's helped to remodel GN'R into something more than a blues-based hard rock band.

Ali

LA

Ali

LA

The problem is that's just based on your perception of what Tommy's done. I think he's helped to remodel GN'R into something more than a blues-based hard rock band.

Ali

agreed, Tommy is cool

Gunns