Do you think it bothers Axl that Sorum will be inducted?

GnR Chris

I'm not sure if it's official, but if it is, do you think it bothers Axl? At least with Slash or any other member, they contributed to the juggernaut/helped create the legend.

From what I remember, Axl was never a huge fan of Sorum's drumming and considered him a hired hand. I could be wrong. If I am, someone clear it up.

Anyway, I don't even want Sorum or Reed inducted. They don't deserve it just because they recorded their parts on Illusions. Coulda been anyone.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if it's official, but if it is, do you think it bothers Axl? At least with Slash or any other member, they contributed to the juggernaut/helped create the legend.

From what I remember, Axl was never a huge fan of Sorum's drumming and considered him a hired hand. I could be wrong. If I am, someone clear it up.

Anyway, I don't even want Sorum or Reed inducted. They don't deserve it just because they recorded their parts on Illusions. Coulda been anyone.

A hired hand is Daryl Jones in the Rolling Stones. Sorum was featured as an official member of GNR.

It's strange because he seemed to go out of his way to compliment Matt when he was in the band, but in more recent years he seems to have changed his view.

I think he felt betrayed or something when Matt left the band, after the argument with Paul Tobias, when Paul said something negative about Slash and Matt said he wasn't gonna take that kind of talk from someone like Paul. Then feeling probably increased when Matt joined Slash in VR, etc.

Stop it with this. They're all in good terms, and they will all receive an invitation to be inducted, some of them will accept the invitation and a few will not.

Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Slash, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum, Dizzy Reed, Gilby Clarke, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Buckethead, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Brain Mantia, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Ron Thal, and Dj Ashba. There is only respect and admiration among all of the mentioned musicians. I really hope to see them all giving their induction speeches, together, as a familiy.

Yeah but it's been officially stated that only Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, and Dizzy are being inducted.

Stop it with this. They're all in good terms, and they will all receive an invitation to be inducted, some of them will accept the invitation and a few will not.

Guns N' Roses is Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Slash, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum, Dizzy Reed, Gilby Clarke, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Buckethead, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Brain Mantia, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Ron Thal, and Dj Ashba. There is only respect and admiration among all of the mentioned musicians. I really hope to see them all giving their induction speeches, together, as a familiy.

Yeah but it's been officially stated that only Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, and Dizzy are being inducted.

Got a link? I can't find anything official..

Guest Len B'stard

A hired hand is Daryl Jones in the Rolling Stones. Sorum was featured as an official member of GNR.

Shit, i'd rather be the guy that carrys Keith Richards picks than be a fully fledged member of GnR..

Edited by sugaraylen

Axl probably doesn't care. He must be pissed nuGnR wasn't inducted. They deserve to be. It's a lack of respect towards Axl and everyone that spent so much time and effort in CD, and in keeping the GnR name alive. This is like inducting KISS but leaving out Eric Carr, Eric Singer, Vinnie Vincent, Mark St.John, Bruce Kullick and Tommy Thayer. Truth be said, Steven, as much as I enjoy his playing, never contributed to the GnR songwriting. Why is he up there? Why isn't Paul Tobias, who co-wrote Back Off Bitch, Oh My God, There Was A Time, Catcher In The Rye, I.R.S. and Prostitute up there? Where's West Arkeen? Without him there wouldn't be It's So Easy, Bad Obsession, The Garden and Yesterdays? This fucking sucks. Even nominating one of my favorite bands of all time, the RRHOF still pisses me off. Fuck.

You're forgetting Tracii Guns, Ole Bach, Rob Gardner, Josh Freese & Dave Navarro (he did record guitars for OMG). While we're at it, we might as well invite Teddy Zig Zag, Del James, Tracii & Roberta, Beta, Fernando and Herman the hand puppet. And lets not forget Sebastian Bach and 'Bubbles'. Sound ridiculous?

That's what your post sounded like.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler, Sorum and Reed should only get the nod this time around because they contributed to GNR's critically acclaimed albums AND tours from the heyday.

If the current incarnation can hold it together for another 22 years, they'll get their hall opportunity. Why 22 years? CD didn't come out until 2008. I'm pretty sure the hall goes by when actual original material is released. Nothing wrong with the new guys sharing the stage with the 'classic' lineup though and getting an honorable mention.

Edited by Matt13

You're forgetting Tracii Guns, Ole Bach, Rob Gardner, Josh Freese & Dave Navarro (he did record guitars for OMG). While we're at it, we might as well invite Teddy Zig Zag, Del James, Tracii & Roberta, Beta, Fernando and Herman the hand puppet. And lets not forget Sebastian Bach and 'Bubbles'. Sound ridiculous?

:rofl-lol:

If the current incarnation can hold it together for another 22 years, they'll get their hall opportunity. Why 22 years? CD didn't come out until 2008. I'm pretty sure the hall goes by when actual original material is released. Nothing wrong with the new guys sharing the stage with the 'classic' lineup though and getting an honorable mention.

It's still the same band. The same band does not get inducted twice, unfortunately. IMO, the fact GnR was inducted in their first run, plus the fact they only nominated those guys, leaving the rest, even Gilby, is their attempt to get a reunion happening, and getting media attention around it.

Who said matt is being inducted? All we know is that he wants to attend the ceremony.

look up a few posts, that is a relatively small list of inductees. As in, pre revolving door.

Too bad they couldn't just replace Slash with Buckethead. In fact, I think Slash should defer his spot to BH.

yeah, too bad Bucket never wrote or played anything truly of note in GNR. He was very anonymous at the end of the day.

Edited by moreblack

Who said matt is being inducted? All we know is that he wants to attend the ceremony.

look up a few posts, that is a relatively small list of inductees. As in, pre revolving door.

Too bad they couldn't just replace Slash with Buckethead. In fact, I think Slash should defer his spot to BH.

yeah, too bad Bucket never wrote or played anything truly of note in GNR. He was very anonymous at the end of the day.

He wrote the masterpiece that is "Scraped"