Axl FINALLY has the right managemnt

CoolRanchDressing

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should keep in mind that one of the guys who is supposedly now responsible for "managing" Axl is also the guy who was the root cause of the leaks that probably significantly damaged record sales.

Yup...you heard it here folks, the leaks were heard by so many millions of people that no one needed to buy the album. I guess me thinking that they only got around the fan community, made of people who were going to buy the album anyway, was completely off-base.

We should keep in mind that one of the guys who is supposedly now responsible for "managing" Axl is also the guy who was the root cause of the leaks that probably significantly damaged record sales.

Yup...you heard it here folks, the leaks were heard by so many millions of people that no one needed to buy the album. I guess me thinking that they only got around the fan community, made of people who were going to buy the album anyway, was completely off-base.

He's talking about the 06 leaks

He's talking about the 06 leaks

Yeah, so am I. I really don't think they did much harm, beyond this forum and HTGTH, I didn't see much (if any) discussion about them.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but the "right" management would have this band releasing new music. Not endless years of touring.

It's not up to a manager to tell an artist to create. Axl bringing new music to the band or some of the vault stuff to work on with this band is going to have to be band motivated.

GNR's not under any recording contract, and I just think the fishing pole's in the water and seeing what bites. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the time in New York is going to be hanging with models as much as it is talking to different record companies.

Good question. Don't they "own" all the recordings up to 2006, having paid for all that studio time? Could be part of the reason for the delay (although every problem has a solution).

The label owns those recordings I think as they paid for them, not the band.

I also tend to think GNR still owes the label at least another album because they wouldn't have recorded that much material (and the label wouldn't have paid for that much) if CD was the last thing until they were free to go elsewhere.

Clearly there was an idea of an eventual follow up in place when CD was recorded, and there is no way in hell the label would have paid for that without a contract in place for at least another album.

Besides, if Axl were free right now he would be self-financing like Slash is doing and releasing albums on his own label with distribution deals in place. That is the way to go if you are an artist who can afford to do it, which Axl presumably can.

Good question. Don't they "own" all the recordings up to 2006, having paid for all that studio time? Could be part of the reason for the delay (although every problem has a solution).

The label owns those recordings I think as they paid for them, not the band.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

I don't know. One one hand, it's good for Axl to have a manager who he can trust and won't try to fuck him over for a GN'R reunion (especially around the time of the RRHOF induction) but then again, I hope Beta isn't to "nice" to Axl and allows him to do fuck all about any new music.

The theater tour is a good start though!

So management has been the problem all these years? :rolleyes:

Yes and also junkie members.

I love the new management.

If it weren't for junkies we wouldn't have AFD. show some love for the needle prickers.

Eh, I could take or leave that particular album. But I wasn't into Winger or Bon Jovi either, so glam metal doesn't do much for me.

If it weren't for junkies we wouldn't have AFD. show some love for the needle prickers.

I have to disagree with you on this one BC.

One of my favorite tracks from AFD "Rocket Queen" was pure horse shit music-wise until the producers did wonders.

What? :blink: It does sound better on the record, but it still sounded cool as hell pre-Geffen.

One of my favorite tracks from AFD "Rocket Queen" was pure horse shit music-wise until the producers did wonders.

What? :blink: It does sound better on the record, but it still sounded cool as hell pre-Geffen.

I will say AFD had some slick production that was disguised as "raw".

I am just saying junkies came up with that shit that fans eat up. They are retarded for wanting another album similar but that means they have to be 25 years younger and on drugs and drinking swimming pool amounts of alcohol.

youtube RQ live from 1986 you will puke especially the end part. It's not Axl it is the band.

Rocket Queen from Roxy '86 is probably my fav, despite Axl messing up the lines a little and Slash's guitar getting tuned mid song. The whole band sounds terrible but that's a song I've never judged particularly for its musical excellence...

And you know... Axl in chaps-thong combo... :wub: