DJ and jungle intro

vdm1979

i am a fan since appetite came out. i read this forum almost every day but i almost never post. i really loved finck and his style of playing and looks and dj a lot less but the beginning of jungle he just sucks. it looks so fake and ridiculous his moves. and it sounds like shit to compared to finck

just wanted to share this after seeing la forum vids. i m almost ashamed to show this to people

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me that there is NO WAY that we can't ALL agree that DJ doing that hand to ear (Hulk Hogan thing) is fucking stupid and corny as fuck. Right??

Yes truly cringe-worthy every time. He does it during his solo too. Hey Deej people will applaud of their own accord if you deserve it. :thumbsup:

I kinda like the guy but yeah, I agree this kind of behavior is super annoying. It always makes me think of shitty bands where the audience is half asleep and the poor performer tries to force them to do something.

Guess what, this is GnR, you don't need that kind of shit. Same deal with the GUNS - N - ROSES on the screen for the fans to shout between the songs. WTF if they want to shout it, they will, it's fake this way.

i am a fan since appetite came out. i read this forum almost every day but i almost never post. i really loved finck and his style of playing and looks and dj a lot less but the beginning of jungle he just sucks. it looks so fake and ridiculous his moves. and it sounds like shit to compared to finck

just wanted to share this after seeing la forum vids. i m almost ashamed to show this to people

I thought it was Buckethead who used to play the Jungle intro ?

The Buckethead tease at the start sounded 10x DJ eforts - which sound not even in tune (compared to the original)

Edited by vaida

Please tell me that there is NO WAY that we can't ALL agree that DJ doing that hand to ear (Hulk Hogan thing) is fucking stupid and corny as fuck. Right??

Yes truly cringe-worthy every time. He does it during his solo too. Hey Deej people will applaud of their own accord if you deserve it. :thumbsup:

Tha Haterz:

Buckethead: Goddamn he's got no stage presence. He's a fuckin' robot with no crowd interaction whatsoever.

DJ: What a poser. Thinks he's a rockstar, stupid stage persona. Corny as fuck.

Well, what are you guys planning on complaining next? Looking forward to it!

DJ plays the intro just fine. He needs a bit more delay for his teasing (it fades away too fast), but that's just my preference. Back in the UYI days, for example, Slash didn't use a delay live so he slightly changed how he plays the second half of the intro (when Axl would start his growling thing) to accompany it. Nowadays, Slash is using a delay with it, as is DJ, so both guys are playing it accurate to the studio version.

He doesn't do it anymore.

Did you watch the video from the LA show??

I thought this thread was started in direct reference to the "Jungle" performance in LA. That was bad. I don't know what it is. Sounded OK in Chicago, but that opening riff, I dunno, it's missing something. And the Hogan theatrics are lame.