December 31st (New Years Show) - Las Vegas - Official Thread

Tyler Drama

It's kind of ironic, all they had to do was play pretty much ANY song off 'Chinese Democracy' that's not in regular rotation, either 'If the World', 'Catcher in the Rye', 'There Was A Time', or 'Prostitute' or even pull out 'Oh My God' and the entire fan base would've been completely elated, and the band would've been seen as heroes and it would've set a completely positive and optimistic tone for the new year, yet they still continue to waste a slot in the set for 'Riff Raff'?? Love 'Rosie' but the other is unforgiveable. I really don't understand that. And I'm not even bashing them...

You have to remember that Guns perform for around 3 hrs. Something that hardly anyone does. If you remember in the interview of TMS, Axl said he plays that song to "get him going". I understand what you are saying though.

I know what you mean. And that's fine, it's his call, he can do what he wants. Personally, I was at the Nashville show, and I feel lucky to have seen the first performance of 'Civil War', and they kick ass at every show. The whole thing about doing covers and extended jams rather than newer songs is really confusing to me. I think everyone had just built this idea up that because it was a NYE gig, in Vegas, that *something* different would occur. Oh well...

I thought if OMG was going to get played, it would of been at this show. I didnt hold my breath though. I dont mind. You are lucky to hear Civil War! I would love to hear that one live. Maybe next time.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

I could of sworn at least 1 new song/oh my god etc would of been played at one of the vegas shows, lets just hope that they release or play some new stuff this year.

So if Dizzy said that we can assume they have new songs recorded or are rehearsing new songs?

They did rehearse a new song. It's called Going Down.

And before someone bring what Bumblefoot said (that it was just an old blues cover or something):

Either is Ron trolling us or the band trolling us. They could have rehearsed a cover song with the same title, but how can you explain MSL knowing about Going Down, a supposed new song, months ago?

That doesn't matter. It was the last night. They knew we were hoping for something. How hard would it b to do something out of the ordinary to please the hardcore fans who have supported and praised this band for years.

Also, I don't think the general public would lose sleep over not hearing Rosie..

Thing is 80% of the people attending the concerts have no idea what the regular setlist is. It's the same every night to us.

Exactly.

People at the show have a blast, while people at home on their computers nit pick everything to death.

People are crazy. I go to a show to enjoy live rock and roll. Not to judge every movement a guitar player makes, not to compare every note played against the last guitar player, what kind of hat one guy has, who is wearing a bandana, etc. Leave the agenda at the door and just go have fun.

I can only imagine how annoying we must be to the band members. We beg for Estranged for 10 years and finally get it, but people complain that it wasn't right and now that they've played that, they should move on to Civil War. So they play Civil War and people complaint that it wasn't right and now that they've played that, they should play something else. Then they don't play something new and people bitch about it. There was a cock indeed.

I can only imagine how annoying we must be to the band members. We beg for Estranged for 10 years and finally get it, but people complain that it wasn't right and now that they've played that, they should move on to Civil War. So they play Civil War and people complaint that it wasn't right and now that they've played that, they should play something else. Then they don't play something new and people bitch about it. There was a cock indeed.

This.

I wish they would've given us something new. They have such a habit of disappearing for years at a time and even one new song could have put some of those fears away. I really hope they live up to the hype they've been building for next year.

Great post. Omg would have been fine with me honestly. Even down on the farm or something obscure like that.

Hey guys.

I was at the show and could give a frack about what you guys have to say while spending NYE on the forum.

Yeah, I was hoping for in my fan-boy heart of hearts to hear IRS again, or have Bach go out and do My Michelle, or have Prostitute done again (since there were some annoying hookers and drunk tricks in front of me), or maybe some Oh My God action.

But it was still the most awesome way I could spend 3 hours on NYE.

And yeah, I went to the show the night before, too.

Same songs, but the night was totally different.

Seriously, we (all of us), all need to get a life, just a little.

Edited by Gagarin

Hey guys.

I was at the show and could give a frack about what you guys have to say while spending NYE on the forum.

Yeah, I was hoping for in my fan-boy heart of hearts to hear IRS again, or have Bach go out and do My Michelle, or have Prostitute done again (since there were some annoying hookers and drunk tricks in front of me), or maybe some Oh My God action.

Ok then, you went to both shows & I need to settle an argument.....was Axl having a bad night on NYE with his voice & if so did it bother you attending? I thought he was maybe not up to scratch but couldn't care less. He gave 3hrs a performance which is so hard to do but people complain that he was bad :(

Just wondered what your thoughts were rock4

Lol..... I think Axl just didn't think it was the right time. He may have even told the guys that in Vegas they would to x but then didn't properly prepare or just wasn't feeling it wen it came time to perform.

You do have to wonder with the Dec. 30 show on the live stream, where they moved Better earlier in the set, and then played a 3-song encore (they seemed to be doing 4 most of the tour). Was there a song planned there, but pulled at the last minute?

yeah I think they have thicker skin

Hey guys.

Ok then, you went to both shows & I need to settle an argument.....was Axl having a bad night on NYE with his voice & if so did it bother you attending? I thought he was maybe not up to scratch but couldn't care less. He gave 3hrs a performance which is so hard to do but people complain that he was bad :(

Axl maybe was a bit hammered because of a early pre-new years eve party and this is probably the only reason why he wasn't that good on vocals.

Hey guys.

Glad u had a blast!

Hey guys.

Axl maybe was a bit hammered because of a early pre-new years eve party and this is probably the only reason why he wasn't that good on vocals.

Don't be silly - as if !!! :rofl-lol::lol: