Slash featuring Myles Kennedy in Toronto

gunsguy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing they over-sold this event. What time are you guys showing up?

Late. Can't leave PA until 3:30, then it's a 5 hour drive to Toronto not accounting for traffic/stops. So hopefully I can be there by 10. I'd love to meet up with the MyGNR crew if there's anyone that's hanging towards the back (i.e. not going for the barrier).

I'm guessing they over-sold this event.

Doubt it.

I would think what happened is Slash got them to sell 300 tickets that were set aside for industry folk,seeing as this is taking place during an industry event.

What time are you guys showing up?

Don't know yet.

I know I'm busy that day till sometime early evening then I'll be driving down.

I hope to be there for all 3 bands,looks like a fun evening...but I'm just not sure what time I'll get there.

So I'm sitting here learning how to use this neat little gadget that films in 1080p ;)

Nice!

Does anyone know what the camera policy is at the Phoenix? I was thinking this might be a killer show to try out my new D-SLR if they're pretty lax B)

So I'm sitting here learning how to use this neat little gadget that films in 1080p ;)

Nice!

Does anyone know what the camera policy is at the Phoenix? I was thinking this might be a killer show to try out my new D-SLR if they're pretty lax B)

The times I've been there it was a virtual no hassle environment...unlike Kool Haus.

I can't guarantee it though...I probably haven't been there in a year or so.

Anybody else been there recently??

Does anyone going to this show actually live in Toronto? The only cheap-ish tickets on Craigslist ($100-125) are only available to be picked up in person. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to pick up my tickets and mail them to me. If you could help out, please drop me a PM!

So...as it turns out,as stated before..the Phoenix has an 1,100 capacity.

Apparantly the first 125 people in line with a CMF (Canadian Music Festival) wristband for all shows,get in to this gig.

Then...after the fast sellout,Slash had the 300 tickets held back for industry insiders released.

That's 425 tickets not available to the general public,initially.

That means when tickets went on sale to the public,there were only 675 tickets available when they first went on general sale.

No wonder in sold out in less than a minute.

Apparantly the first 125 people in line with a CMF (Canadian Music Festival) wristband for all shows,get in to this gig.

Then...after the fast sellout,Slash had the 300 tickets held back for industry insiders released.

That means when tickets went on sale to the public,there were only 675 tickets available when they first went on general sale.

Damn. Makes me feel even luckier that I got through on Ticketmaster on the first try!

Damn. Makes me feel even luckier that I got through on Ticketmaster on the first try!

Yeah no shit!

Apart from the few people here,and myself...the only other people I know who scored tickets was my friend and his wife.Everyone else came up empty.

My friend who scored is the same dude who knew nothing about Guns back in the day,but saw them open for the Cult and came back frothing at the mouth about how amazing they were.

He's been a devoted follower ever since so I'm glad he scored.(His 15 year old son is record pissed off though because it's a 19+ gig).

So...I probably am gonna have to bail out on this one. Doing 2 of the GN'R gigs in NYC (How can I not?!?), and Maiden dates are expected to get announced sometime in February. I hate to say it, but between GN'R and Maiden, Slash gets third priority. If it gets closer to the show and I can get tickets for a reasonable price, maybe I'll still do it... ;)

So...I probably am gonna have to bail out on this one. Doing 2 of the GN'R gigs in NYC (How can I not?!?), and Maiden dates are expected to get announced sometime in February. I hate to say it, but between GN'R and Maiden, Slash gets third priority. If it gets closer to the show and I can get tickets for a reasonable price, maybe I'll still do it... ;)

I don't blame you! No Guns for me though (New York is a wee bit out of the way to say the least). I've never seen Slash and he's the reason I play guitar so I'll give him top priority over an eight hour drive. ;)

I see you've got a show lined up anyway...cool!

It's gonna be an awesome tour!

Yea, one of my Maiden buddies invited me to Rock On The Range with him this year. Rob Zombie and Megadeth are on the bill too. A 3 day pass is only $100, and he's gonna let me crash on his couch so no need for a hotel, so I figured "why the fuck not?" B)

Yea, one of my Maiden buddies invited me to Rock On The Range with him this year. Rob Zombie and Megadeth are on the bill too. A 3 day pass is only $100, and he's gonna let me crash on his couch so no need for a hotel, so I figured "why the fuck not?" B)

Funny how things work out sometimes. Now you get all the shows you wanted to see and then some. :thumbsup:

Funny how things work out sometimes. Now you get all the shows you wanted to see and then some. :thumbsup:

I'm sure Slash's set at Rock On The Range won't be nearly as fun as Toronto though! :P